Things I Think I Saw: AU vs Florida

JMR

48 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

There is a video of it somewhere.  They were making fun of him for his height so he got into it with them.  Nothing that bad to be honest.

Here you go

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Things I Think I Saw: AU vs Florida

52 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Here you go

Who is the coach that ran over to him? 

Love Worm standing up for himself. 

The swamp is still a dump! It was very hot. The Florida students still throwing their water bottles at/on each other, several rows at a time.

Good job Worm!

Never understood throwing a punch towards a dude w a helmet on. Just kick them in the nuts. Much lower percentage they’re wearing a cup. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Never understood throwing a punch towards a dude w a helmet on. Just kick them in the nuts. Much lower percentage they’re wearing a cup. 

Throat is better and less obvious. I use to do as I was making a tackle chop in the throat it tends to hurt the pharynx and larynx

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Throat is better and less obvious. I use to do as I was making a tackle chop in the throat it tends to hurt the pharynx and larynx

Good call. Just crush the trachea and render them useless...

...and then kick them in the nuts!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

Good call. Just crush the trachea and render them useless...

...and then kick them in the nuts!

Even better damn I should have though of that..... yep I was a little dirty player but at 5'9" 165lb's I had to be

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Even better damn I should have though of that..... yep I was a little dirty player but at 5'9" 165lb's I had to be

Good reason you ended up playing golf. 

it wasn’t until recently that I finally figured out the cheer is “kick’em in the butt big blue”. Always wondered why there weren’t any complaints about kick’em in the nuts...

I digress. WDE. 

Edited by doug3020
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Who is the coach that ran over to him? 

Love Worm standing up for himself. 

One of the guys that got popped bowed out gracefully😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I wonder if Shivers was held out due to his incident in warm-ups with the Florida players?  I have no idea, I’m just wondering. 

Of course he was.  He struck UF players and could've gotten a pre-game unsportsmanlike penalty if any refs would've been paying attention.  Someone actually tried to tell me he was "defending himself", lol.

• Dislike 5

4 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Of course he was.  He struck UF players and could've gotten a pre-game unsportsmanlike penalty if any refs would've been paying attention.  Someone actually tried to tell me he was "defending himself", lol.

The dude was holding him by the face mask.  Good on him for standing up for himself.  If we had more of that toughness on offense, maybe we don’t lose.

edit: I rewatched and worm put a finger on the dude first.  Not sure what led to that ... hope it was justifiable.

Edited by mustache eagle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

The dude was holding him by the face mask.  Good on him for standing up for himself.  If we had more of that toughness on offense, ANYWHERE on this team or coaching staff, maybe we don’t lose.

Hate the FIFY thing, so this is just my thought on it.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I use to wear “blitz” pads on my hands.  If a guy popped off to me, I’d upper cut him in his chin and they usually went down ... they never repeated.

• Like 1

I understood Gus to say he was surprised we didn't handle the noise better, not that he was surprised by the noise itself. FWIW. 

I, too, feared there would be a game where Bo looked like a freshman. Some of us are old enough to remember Pat Sullivan's first SEC road game in Knoxville. Here's hoping Bo responds as well as Pat did who never had another game like that.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

I understood Gus to say he was surprised we didn't handle the noise better, not that he was surprised by the noise itself. FWIW. 

I, too, feared there would be a game where Bo looked like a freshman. Some of us are old enough to remember Pat Sullivan's first SEC road game in Knoxville. Here's hoping Bo responds as well as Pat did who never had another game like that.

It wasn't really that much of an anomaly, he's completing just short of 55% of his passes on the season (46% on the road/neutral site).  He finally went up against a good defense was the only difference.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Dislike 2

The doom and gloom in here after one game is ridiculous.  Doubt you were saying the same thing the first 5 weeks.  If Auburn had made a few plays and won, you wouldn't be saying the same thing.  Game plan was fine (as Coach said, sometimes  it works and sometimes it doesn't), but Bo Nix is a true freshman and this result is likely in a hostile environment like Gainsville.  I was there and it was pretty rowdy.  Nix looked rocked and made many poor decisions.  The pick in the endzone was a game changer as well as all of the poor throws to open receivers.  Coach is right and this team will rebound.  I think this will be a good leaning experience for Nix.

War Eagle!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

That someone was his mother, but you already knew that when you said someone.

• Like 1

I'm surprised you don't realize how badly we need a dozen more just like him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had you been paying attention an official watched as it unfolded and one of the first to respond. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Had you been paying attention an official watched as it unfolded and one of the first to respond. 

Should have stepped in earlier. How pathetic of those classless thugs to try and gang up on the smallest guy they could find and try to do the old "hand on the head where you can't reach me" thing. Good for Worm standing up to thug punk b**** bullies. 

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

man i thought you were seven foot tall and bullet proof..........

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

As if it were possible to love V8 any more!

Wish anyone on the OL had 1/10th of that attitude

i watched the video clip again ... i freaking love the double face punch!!!  

• Love 3

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

man i thought you were seven foot tall and bullet proof..........

That part is correct how do you think I've survive bird for all these years

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, abw0004 said:

There is a video of it somewhere.  They were making fun of him for his height so he got into it with them.  Nothing that bad to be honest.

how do you know this?