PigskinPat

2 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

They'll give Steele the job.

For the bowl game lol

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoopsmania

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Bob Stoops could become the next head coach of Florida State football in the near future, according to sources. We've heard the announcement could come as early as the end of this week or early next week, and that a deal is really close to being done.

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahaha SPOT ON!!!! Hiring the head coach at Oregon would be the splashiest hire imaginable compared to our hiring track record!!!!!!! I would run around the whole neighborhood neeeeeeeeeeekeeeeeeeeed as a jailbird if we hired him!!! lol

tenor.gif

5 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Stoopsmania

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Bob Stoops could become the next head coach of Florida State football in the near future, according to sources. We've heard the announcement could come as early as the end of this week or early next week, and that a deal is really close to being done.

4 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

So he's going to be named in a few days

Waiting on that AU job to open up FOR REAL this time!!! DUH!!! lol 😄😂

21 hours ago, Zeek said:

No “Auburn men” think more like former coordinators.

Ted Roof? Van Gorder? Lashley? Dameyune Craig’s? Lindsey? Ellis Johnson? Paul Rhodes? 

Damn dude, that hurts. I was excited about the Van Gorder hire, lol.

On 11/4/2019 at 9:01 PM, Zeek said:

No “Auburn men” think more like former coordinators.

Ted Roof? Van Gorder? Lashley? Dameyune Craig’s? Lindsey? Ellis Johnson? Paul Rhodes? 

This is what is gonna happen. FSU is gonna figure Terry Bowden is now mature and now part of the Clemson coaching tree. We fire Gus, and Terry hires Gus.

We then face FSU with Gus's players in the playoffs, we lose, and all the Gus players enter the portal and transfer to FSU.

The ultimate JABA

On 11/13/2019 at 7:17 PM, AUDevil said:

Folks around here  are saying there could be a Bob Stoops to FSU announcement as early as Friday.

Any particular Friday....or just some Friday in the future?  

1 hour ago, EagleEye67 said:

Ok, I laughed.

A bunch.

Ray Stevens songs were hilarious. 

I think PJ Fleck will be the next FSU head coach. He will be the perfect guy to match Dabo. They are both motivators.

If it’s not Fleck then it’ll be Lane Kiffin he knows the state of Florida for recruiting.

• 2 weeks later...

Lack of formal contract complicates Taggart's buyout at FSU

ByCLINT BUCKLEY x

Fired Florida State football coach Willie Taggart might be out of the minds of Seminoles fans, but his chapter as FSU’s coach is still ongoing.

Taggart never signed a formal contract with Florida State, which according to a story from the Tampa Bay Times, could complicate the ex-coach’s buyout.

The article states that other than the nine-page document the university typed up as a letter of agreement, there were no formal contract documents signed by Taggart or FSU.

The Seminoles fired Taggart on Nov. 2 following a 9-12 record in his one-plus years on the job. The buyout in full is close to $18 million.

However, the buyout could be offset by any future “subsequent employment” of Taggart, but there is speculation as to what “subsequent employment” actually means.

Experts who reviewed the agreement letter found that portion open-ended.

“What that says to me is any damn job you get, whether it’s being an insurance salesman or pumping gas, is an offset,” said Martin J. Greenberg, an attorney whose previous clients have included former Georgia coach Mark Richt.

The letter states that Florida State would owe Taggart 85 percent of the remainder of his contract if terminated without cause, but if he were fired with cause the school would owe nothing.

In Taggart’s case: “the grounds include but are not limited to serious violation(s) of NCAA, ACC or rules and regulations or serious personal misconduct.”

And so far, Florida State athletic director David Coburn has not stated that Taggart was dismissed for cause. But the definition of “cause” is not specifically outlined in the agreement letter signed the day of Taggart’s hiring.

Needless to say, this situation could be ripe with legal issues for months and potentially years to come.

The article mentioned the similarity of this case to that of former Kentucky men’s basketball coach Billy Gillispie, who also never signed a formal contract and was terminated in 2009 after two years.

Both sides eventually sued one another, and after several months of haggling, Kentucky agreed to pay Gillipsie about half of what he claimed was owed — $3 million, which is a fraction of the money Taggart could be owed.

Time will tell how long this saga will play out for Florida State and Taggart, but as FSU conducts its coaching search and ultimately zeroes in on Taggart’s replacement, the new coach and his attorney might want to demand a formal contract from the university as quickly as possible.

Florida State, which had six seasons of 10 wins or more including a national championship in the eight years under Jimbo Fisher, is 2-0 under interim coach Odell Haggins.

With bowl eligibly achieved, the Seminoles (6-5) close the regular season at in-state rival Florida on Saturday. The game will be televised by SEC Network beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET.

WOW...amateur hour at FSU.  Who ever thought that was a good idea?    Might explain why Jimbo was looking to leave. 

Plus looks like FSU might be trying to screw him out of his buyout....though the quick and unexplained firing might mean there is some "cause" that might affect the way the separation is handled.   

Any new coach will want to have all the i's dotted and t's crossed. 

17 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Uh..I’m confused. They might owe him nothing? How is that bad for FSU?

Stiffing the old coach definitely won’t help them find a new coach. Would be a really bad look for the university to not at least pay the majority of the buy out. 

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

Uh..I’m confused. They might owe him nothing? How is that bad for FSU?

Exactly what I'm thinking.  How in the hell did Jimmy Sexton allow Taggart to not endorse a $30 Milllion check?

Archived