LSU vs Georgia

Randman5000

A Kirbstomping. Glad to see LSU knock them out. Love to see the play OSU in the championship game. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

You can give my post all the thumbs down you want 64, but don't ever think this fact doesn't effect recruiting elite WR talent. If you can't see it you're not paying attention, or the orange, and blue glasses are dimming your eyesight.

Kodi needs to be encouraged to find other opportunities. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

It's no knock on the guy personally. Everything Kodi knows about route running, and playing WR he learned from that idiot Trooper Taylor, or from Gus. The guy simply doesn't have the background for the position he has. 

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

What are the chances that CGM pulls an Ed O and goes to find a passing game coordinator for next year?  Slim or none? 

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

You can give my post all the thumbs down you want 64, but don't ever think this fact doesn't effect recruiting elite WR talent. If you can't see it you're not paying attention, or the orange, and blue glasses are dimming your eyesight.

I mean all those LSU guys were there before they knew who Joe Brady was...and they have recruited elite WR talent to LSU like forever. I don’t think I have ever seen LSU void of WR talent. As for Auburn, I think Kodi has recruited very well considering the type of offense Auburn plays. Some have to accept Gus and his offense for what it is. Extreme odds against it ever looking like LSU. Gus wants to run the ball, with play action over the top and occasional intermediate throws. When it works it’s beautiful, when it stalls it’s hard to watch. 

Just now, AuMarine said:

What are the chances that CGM pulls and Ed O and goes to find a passing game coordinator for next year?  Slim or none? 

One came dream ...

Just now, AuMarine said:

What are the chances that CGM pulls and Ed O and goes to find a passing game coordinator for next year?  Slim or none? 

I'm holding out hope, but I truthfully don't think Gus realizes the deficiencies in his offense. Contrary to what many here think I really wish he would. I would love to see Gus succeed. I just don't have much faith in it.

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

None.

Yep our pass game consist of only 1 or 2 wrs actually trying the others just jog lightly about 5-8 yards out. I think it’s designed that way...

4 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

It's no knock on the guy personally. Everything Kodi knows about route running, and playing WR he learned from that idiot Trooper Taylor, or from Gus. The guy simply doesn't have the background for the position he has. 

Exactly, and we know Gus’s passing schemes are ridiculous.  

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I mean all those LSU guys were there before they knew who Joe Brady was...and they have recruited elite WR talent to LSU like forever. I don’t think I have ever seen LSU void of WR talent. As for Auburn, I think Kodi has recruited very well considering the type of offense Auburn plays. Some have to accept Gus and his offense for what it is. Extreme odds against it ever looking like LSU. Gus wants to run the ball, with play action over the top and occasional intermediate throws. When it works it’s beautiful, when it stalls it’s hard to watch. 

You're correct on all points, however Brady gave that talent the opportunity to realize that potential, and succeed. 

Well, Fromm looked like s***. He has regressed over the past two season. Kirby Ran off Eason, Ran off Fields, banked on Fromm after a completely lucky half season. After this season he may return for a senior season. We need to smack them down next year!!!

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

I'm holding out hope, but I truthfully don't think Gus realizes the deficiencies in his offense. Contrary to what many here think I really wish he would. I would love to see Gus succeed. I just don't have much faith in it.

I have nothing but respect for Ed O.. he knew the offense at LSU was extinct and if he wanted to win he had to change....It is extremely hard to watch every other offense in college football get better by changing what they were doing because it doesn’t work anymore... and then there is us........

Just now, around4ever said:

Exactly, and we know Gus’s passing schemes are ridiculous.  

Ridiculously simple. And I'm being kind when I say simple.

1 minute ago, jw 4 au said:

Well, Fromm looked like s***. He has regressed over the past two season. Kirby Ran off Eason, Ran off Fields, banked on Fromm after a completely lucky half season. After this season he may return for a senior season. We need to smack them down next year!!!

Oh, I hope so!

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There's no reason to get a passing game coordinator unless Gus would actually listen to him.. Chad Morris is the only person we could hire that Gus would listen to. That's our "passing game coordinator"

LOL, you sure he would listen to him?

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There's no reason to get a passing game coordinator unless Gus would actually listen to him.. Chad Morris is the only person we could hire that Gus would listen to. That's our "passing game coordinator"

Sad but true 

9 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

We all appreciate Kodi. He was/is an exemplary Auburn player and teammate. He doesn’t, however, need to be coaching our WRs. 

TLDR-I agree. 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I really don’t think anyone we hire, Gus will listen to. Done tried that. 

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

LOL, you sure he would listen to him?

Gus hires understudies; he's never hired an equal, or someone he considers an equal, on the staff. His plan A was to do that with Freeze, but that idea was frozen by the Board.

6 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

What are the chances that CGM pulls an Ed O and goes to find a passing game coordinator for next year?  Slim or none? 

Unfortunately it would be a "title only" hire most likely if he did. 

Archived