OUTBACK bowl.?

Quietmaninthecorner

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Stay at home 

Probably will considering the product. But I'll do what I want by choice. Are you going?

2 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

Afraid of them? I dont think they recruit better than AU.

Nope....but have the sense that we've done that before....if we are gonna play in a bowl, I'd like to see some one we have not seen.....We are gradually working our way though the Big 10....

Just now, AU64 said:

Nope....but have the sense that we've done that before....if we are gonna play in a bowl, I'd like to see some one we have not seen.....We are gradually working our way though the Big 10....

I feel like we owe them.  Not sure we could beat them this year. Would be fun to see J Taylor though. Kind of opponent you remember years later. 

45 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

They are excited. I am envious. They feed off of Coach Fleck's energy. Would love to see that happen on the Plains. That is all. 

We (AU) better get excited because they will be ready!!

2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Amen.. I am tickled to be playing a Minnesota and not Wisconsin. WDE!

JMO but Wisc probably happy to be playing someone different too....but Oregon.?  ....that should be fun.  Oregon defense pretty solid so Taylor will have a good challenge..

JMO but the big loser of the past weekend...UTAH....chance to make the four team playoff and ends up playing 7-5 unranked Texas in a bowl game....what a fall...

25 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

Afraid of them? I dont think they recruit better than AU.

Recruit? No.

Coach? 

tenor.gif

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Recruit? No.

Coach? 

tenor.gif

ya just can't resist can you....:no:

For the 2nd year in a row Gus gets to go against a coach that some wanted to replace him.  No lack of motivation on the coaches end.

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Recruit? No.

Coach? 

tenor.gif

Add on to that we have Alan Greene so there's another negative

58 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Their O-line may be the biggest that we have ever faced. I had to read the sentence below twice:

"He runs behind a very large offensive line that includes 6-8, 400-pound sophomore Daniel Faalele, 

I remember watching video of that dude during the recruiting process. He is freakin' massive. Didn't realize that he had ended up at Minnesota

34 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Recruit? No.

Coach? 

tenor.gif

Brilliant. Fleck coached this season against 3 teams currently ranked and lost to 2. He got outcoached and squeeked by many minnows with less talent and barely beat virtually the same group of Purdue players Malzahn punked in our bowl game (whoops, I mean everybody on the staff except Malzahn). 

1 minute ago, aucanucktiger said:

Brilliant. Fleck coached this season against 3 teams currently ranked and lost to all 3. He got outcoached and squeeked by many minnows with less talent and barely beat virtually the same group of Purdue players Malzahn punked in our bowl game (whoops, I mean everybody on the staff except Malzahn). 

🤡

I'm happy to be playing Minnesota. They don't have the sheer talent and athleticism of Auburn, but (1) they had a good season including a win over top 10 Penn State, (2) I'm thinking that some of Auburn's stud defensive players will sit, and (3) Gus is not renowned for his bowl performances. So this could be a pretty competitive game for us.

48 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but Wisc probably happy to be playing someone different too....but Oregon.?  ....that should be fun.  Oregon defense pretty solid so Taylor will have a good challenge..

JMO but the big loser of the past weekend...UTAH....chance to make the four team playoff and ends up playing 7-5 unranked Texas in a bowl game....what a fall...

Wow, good point, thanks for posting!

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The Gus fantastic five have been rejuvenated I see, and a little spicy on top of that!

Maybe check with our AD to see when he will fire Gus. If not, since you hate Gus, Bo and Auburn so much, the turd fans would love to have you.

Trust me, you will fit right in!

Some interesting info IMO, each team has 12 seasons without a loss. A bowl game with 24 undefeated seasons on the field? Minnesota hasn't been successful lately but they have pedigree - 4 national football titles, most recent one just before I was born (1960😁). 

On a less whimsical note, many of our players are not exactly tweeting happily about the committees rankings for Wisco and others and they apparently feel we should be in  different bowl. If our potential high draft picks forego (understandably IMO) playing in the bowl game and others are not happy about going to Tampa this starts looking like the UCF bowl. I'm thinking this group has way more leadership though than that bunch.

17 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Maybe check with our AD to see when he will fire Gus. If not, since you hate Gus, Bo and Auburn so much, the turd fans would love to have you.

Trust me, you will fit right in!

You're never going to get over the whole segregation thing was abolished huh? Oh well man you have to move on!

10 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ahh perhaps so. I think I was swapping Peach and Citrus. Either way! F the Outback Bowl! It feels like we go to Tampa every year! Lol!

Beats Birmingham. Beats Nashville.

Archived