Bowl Season is Underway

AU64

Kentucky with TD pass with 15 seconds to win the game....QB with 32 carries and a ton of yards and maybe 3 or 4 pass completions...including the end of the game. 

Really questionable clock management on that last drive but Bowdin bailed the coaches out with that short pass that sorta caught the hokies napping. 31-30

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOPs...scoop and score for UK on the last play of the game so a one point win becomes a 7 point win. 

Wonder how much money changed hands on that fluky play? 

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

OOPs...scoop and score for UK on the last play of the game so a one point win becomes a 7 point win. 

Probably didn’t matter since VT was favored by 2.5.  KY looked good on the last drive.  That’s about all I got to see. 

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

None.  UK was the underdog and the over/under was already way over.

But I had UK on the Money Line, so cha ching!

Sun Bowl....on CBS...our favorite announcers calling the game.....two good reasons not to get involved in that game.....ASU and FSU.....and 'noles trailing near the half.....nuff said about that game...:gofig:

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Sun Bowl....on CBS...our favorite announcers calling the game.....two good reasons not to get involved in that game.....ASU and FSU.....and 'noles trailing near the half.....nuff said about that game...:gofig:

Hey now, Brad is actually pretty damn good.

Has Gary argued that Oklahoma getting blown out clearly shows UAT deserved to be in the playoffs yet?

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Has Gary argued that Oklahoma getting blown out clearly shows UAT deserved to be in the playoffs yet?

🙄  don't know...I bailed out on that game pretty early on...watching about WWI fighter planes.....and a few minutes of Navy and KSU

But on Sirius this AM ....there was a tendency to defend the Okies because of their suspensions though it was agreed that the "targeting" call was well deserved.

17 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Their place. AU had a freshman QB who did not have his best game.  I understand the loss. Don't like it, but understand it.

Even with a freshman qb you gotta win a game like that against a team as unspectacular as Florida.

19 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Even with a freshman qb you gotta win a game like that against a team as unspectacular as Florida.

Unspectacular perhaps but pretty danged good playing at home... First road game for  Nix.

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

9ORPLXN.jpg

Go Navy!!   Pulled out a defensive battle in the Liberty Bowl.  A freshman kicker nailed a 22 yard FG after KSU called three straight time outs to try and ice him. 20-17 Navy!!

What the hell happened to these teams? USC, Texas, FSU, UM?

They got to get better if not for college for the sake of their conferences. I remember growing up being in awe of the U. I loved to hate those USC Trojans , with all of their talent.  I can't believe this programs have fallen off so badly. 

Okay, I guess everybody is pulling for Utah in this game ...right?

45 minutes ago, AU64 said:

As long as they don't win by more than 13....

18 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

As long as they don't win by more than 13....

I think you are safe...Utah looking like the team that played Oregon.....a typical Pac12 performance

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

No, I've always liked the Longhorns. We lived in Houston when I was young. 

9 minutes ago, gr82be said:

No, I've always liked the Longhorns. We lived in Houston when I was young. 

Gee... that is like liking bama because you grew up in Birmingham or something... It happens but that is no excuse when you get to be an adult.😁

Surprise to me...the best ever bowl game is on right now on SEC ESPN...it's called the Iron Bowl 2019! Bama did get a NYE BOWL!!  Caught it just before the Dinky halftime meltdown. That infernal second second. 🤣 That gift that just KEEPS. ON. GIVING.

Y'all be careful out there tonight. Joyfully camping in and prayerfully anticipating a wonderful 2020 (LOVE THAT) for us each! 

Go, Zakoby McClain!

("Thinks he ran all the way to Valdosta..."):zapbama:

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Gee... that is like liking bama because you grew up in Birmingham or something... It happens but that is no excuse when you get to be an adult.😁

Cut me a little slack. That was before I knew about Auburn. :dunno:

I still like them though.

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Like, I get that they screwed up the Big 12, but in fairness they haven’t exactly benefitted much, have they?

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Gee... that is like liking bama because you grew up in Birmingham

:puke: you have a good point.

19 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Cut me a little slack. That was before I knew about Auburn. :dunno:

I still like them though.

That is understandable...

Game is not going very well for Utah...  makes me wonder what they would have done against LSU had they made the playoffs. Probably an embarrassment just like Oklahoma.

Pac probably lucky to be left out 

Could you imagine if Utah was actually the #4 seed? They probably wouldn't score a point against LSU

Archived