Jack Bicknell, Jr. -- New OL Coach

Auhud08

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Beaker said:

imagine if we had one guy looking at analytics and feeding Gus some data so he could make      THE SAME EXACT DECISIONS !   Maybe I could get that job.

Or 15 failed coaches in rehab doing that!

12 hours ago, norcuron said:

See I dont "get it" Gatewood was built for Gus's system but he picked Nix. I am perplexed. I figure a booster has something to do with it.

I did.

19 hours ago, norcuron said:

Absolutely had nothing to do with him being a Thoroughbred named BO, NIX. Nothing at all.  He was the BEST!  dont worry about the proven studs in the portal. We got everything under control with this true freshman straight out of high school. Bo is gonna do well in time. Just funny we picked a true freshman this season when there were known superior options in the portal to chase.

Which Portal options would you be referring to? I remember going after a guy or two in the portal....they didn't choose AU. So Gus worked with what he had.

15 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

The one we went after opted for Mizzou....after that it was not really many game changers, especially after the kid decided to stay at Arizona. Any others you can think of that may have made a Burrow like impact? 

Interesting that you mention Burrow. His stats last year as a redshirt junior were almost identical to Bo’s this season. I guess its a good thing LSU didn’t judge him on one season. 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Interesting that you mention Burrow. His stats last year as a redshirt junior were almost identical to Bo’s this season. I guess its a good thing LSU didn’t judge him on one season. 

Exactly...and remember it was Bo’s first season of football in the toughest division in the nation. I’m curious to see how he improves under Chad

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

This thread is out of control. What the hell are y’all talking about in here. Needs to be cleaned up

It's like almost every topic. It starts off as football and ends up real housewives 😂.

You guys are out of control. 

And how did I know as soon as the conversation shifted to Nix that someone would bring up the SEC Freshman of the Year award that Nix had absolutely NO BUSINESS winning?

ANYONE who thinks Nix deserved that award has refused to take off their orange and blue shaders. 

Nix may have been the best offensive freshman in the SEC. But he didnt make 1st team All-SEC or 1st team All-American like another true freshman in the SEC... 

23 hours ago, twilli13 said:

The 31% between 11-20 yards just seems God awful to me. Wow. Again, wtf is Gus thinking with his guarantee about Nix and winning a championship? 

It IS awful. The long passes were just as bad...and Gus needs someone who can complete the deep ball if his offense is to be AT ALL successful. 

23 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

The only QB worse in the SEC was a backup for Kentucky.

Who was a WR playing QB.

23 hours ago, norcuron said:

Gatewood was the man for the Gus "system" He had to choose Nix cause his last name was Nix.

While personally I agree with you, saying this is something that's ok to say on some Auburn sites. NOT this one. You will be drowned by thumbs downs just as I'm certain I will get in this comment. 

It really grinds people's gears here on this site when you say anything other than praise for Nix. Especially me telling them Nix had no business winning the SEC Freshman of the Year. People here REALLY feel he deserved the award. He didnt...but it grinds their gears to be told he didn't. But I could care less.

If the roles were reversed and we had a DB who made 1st team All-SEC and 1st team All-American as a true freshman while some QB rated in the 100s of 130 QBs won the award... think they would be saying the other teams QB deserved the award? Or would they say its ludicrous that QB won and our DB deserved it? Something tells me they would see the light at that point... 

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

the SEC Freshman of the Year award that Nix had absolutely NO BUSINESS winning?

ANYONE who thinks Nix deserved that award has refused to take off their orange and blue shaders. 

hesrightyouknow.gif

It should've gone to Stingley at LSU.

2 hours ago, creed said:

It's like almost every topic. It starts off as football and ends up real housewives 😂.

I always wondered if they were real though?

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You guys are out of control. 

And how did I know as soon as the conversation shifted to Nix that someone would bring up the SEC Freshman of the Year award that Nix had absolutely NO BUSINESS winning?

Nix may have been the best offensive freshman in the SEC. But he didnt make 1st team All-SEC or 1st team All-American like another true freshman in the SEC... 

It IS awful. The long passes were just as bad...and Gus needs someone who can complete the deep ball if his offense is to be AT ALL successful. 

Who was a WR playing QB.

While personally I agree with you, saying this is something that's ok to say on some Auburn sites. NOT this one. You will be drowned by thumbs downs just as I'm certain I will get in this comment. 

It really grinds people's gears here on this site when you say anything other than praise for Nix. Especially me telling them Nix had no business winning the SEC Freshman of the Year. People here REALLY feel he deserved the award. He didnt...but it grinds their gears to be told he didn't. But I could care less.

If the roles were reversed and we had a DB who made 1st team All-SEC and 1st team All-American as a true freshman while some QB rated in the 100s of 130 QBs won the award... think they would be saying the other teams QB deserved the award? Or would they say its ludicrous that QB won and our DB deserved it? Something tells me they would see the light at that point... 

I mean Nix player like a true freshman. Some of the errors should have been expected.

Awards in many cases can be debated, but usually QBS get favorable nods especially over defensive players. Not a big deal it’s not a huge award IMO anyway.

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Not a big deal it’s not a huge award IMO anyway.

Under normal circumstances you would be absolutely correct.

However do you have ANY CLUE just how often that award gets brought up in defense of Nix whenever anyone starts talking about his pedestrian stats?

I mean the conversation was about the stats PFF put out. People were talking about 30% completion percentages under certain conditions and certain places on the field. 

Then OF COURSE someone brings up SECFOTY as a defense of those stats... it always happens on this site and YouTube comments. People LOVE throwing that fraudulent SECFOTY award as defense of lackluster play this season.

I stand by my position he had no business winning that award and the FACT that if the situation were reversed, every single person on this site would talk about the absolute travesty it was that our All American DB was robbed of the award.

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Under normal circumstances you would be absolutely correct.

However do you have ANY CLUE just how often that award gets brought up in defense of Nix whenever anyone starts talking about his pedestrian stats?

I mean the conversation was about the stats PFF put out. People were talking about 30% completion percentages under certain conditions and certain places on the field. 

Then OF COURSE someone brings up SECFOTY as a defense of those stats... it always happens on this site and YouTube comments. People LOVE throwing that fraudulent SECFOTY award as defense of lackluster play this season.

I stand by my position he had no business winning that award and the FACT that if the situation were reversed, every single person on this site would talk about the absolute travesty it was that our All American DB was robbed of the award.

Fans are fans...majority always are gonna back there guy. That’s nothing to be unexpected, just fandom, it’s never logical, and is what it is. As for Nix - he was a freshman in the toughest conference and division in football, not to mention playing a top 3 schedule. It’s not an excuse but a reality. Could he have played better, of course he could have. His stats are to a degree reflective of his level of experience at this level. Most true freshmen QBS don’t start in the SEC and I can’t imagine many doing much better than he did, especially with his inexperience against the level of competition he faced. Next year and into his junior season will tell us a lot more about him as a QB.

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Fans are fans...majority always are gonna back there guy. That’s nothing to be unexpected, just fandom, it’s never logical, and is what it is. As for Nix - he was a freshman in the toughest conference and division in football, not to mention playing a top 3 schedule. It’s not an excuse but a reality. Could he have played better, of course he could have. His stats are to a degree reflective of his level of experience at this level. Most true freshmen QBS don’t start in the SEC and I can’t imagine many doing much better than he did, especially with his inexperience against the level of competition he faced. Next year and into his junior season will tell us a lot more about him as a QB.

All of this is true, but Stingley still got robbed.

11 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

All of this is true, but Stingley still got robbed.

Possibly....but do not expect to win that debate on the Auburn fan boards or sites.

I think Bicknell should have won that award! 😊 (lol)

On 1/18/2020 at 10:09 AM, Gowebb11 said:

I think a lot of what you saw with Burrows this year came from two things. First was toughness that Ed taught his guys. Like him or not he teaches his guys to be tough. Not something Gus does. Plus Steve being willing to let Joe Brady come in and actually make some changes. Two heads are always better than one. Part of Gus’s problem is he will never listen to anyone else’s suggestions. Hard head= Gus Malzann. 

On 1/18/2020 at 5:59 PM, PoetTiger said:

I mean Nix player like a true freshman. Some of the errors should have been expected.

Awards in many cases can be debated, but usually QBS get favorable nods especially over defensive players. Not a big deal it’s not a huge award IMO anyway.

All that's fine when you let him be in his place. But when people start the Bo didn't do anything wrong, but this guy here sucks.....well expect objective people to say something.

Also it can't be both ways, it can't be Bo has more talent in his toe than 3 of these greatest qb's to ever play the game. He was made for this, he's a football junkie, his dad is a genius, he's the only one that goes out there and tries, he's been a QB his entire life......

Then say he's just a freshman! Hell after the build up you know how aggravating it was to see that he doesn't even have good footwork? That's remedial as hell. That's what guys who played wr and just started playing QB does.....and because of that they don't even get to attempt a throw. 

I'm going to hold him accountable, I can be the most hated guy on here I don't give a damn, but I'm going to treat everybody same

Archived