Trump’s assault on truth takes an ugly new turn

8 minutes ago, savorytiger said:

The church had been damaged from the previous night from fires from rioters, but not seriously. Gini's account (who you dismissed because she talked about tear gas and rubber bullets) say she was at the church and was removed from it. As I stated before, you're right that she was incorrect about the methods used and that they used OC gas instead of tear gas. She was wrong that she saw a person hit by rubber bullets, there were other projectiles shot at them. Saying they didn't use tear gas and rubber bullets is just a way to weasle out of what they did.

What it comes down to is whether or not use of such force was warranted at all at that time. You can't just say there are "paid criminal rioters" out there and apply it to every protest and any given point in time. You have to actually back up the claim that rioting was happening at that time. I know what the park police statement says, but somehow there's no video evidence of that happening and plenty that says otherwise. Haven't they learned their lesson from what happens when there's police violence and no body cam footage to back it up? Expanding the perimeter is fine. Keeping it expanded like it is now is fine. Expanding it using violent crowd dispersal tactics that only escalated tensions between police and demonstrators just to get a photo op is not. 

So when did I imply Trump was the next Hitler? When did I imply you were in a cult? Don't lump my statements with others. You even know you're doing it since you mentioned Homer. Also, why am I telling Homer what to post? 

Perhaps it was related to the in too deep comments. It sounds like you and Homer are similar in your assessment of Trump.  I apologize for attributing to you what he may have written.   I’m happy to have a conversation about issues and philosophies. It seems like a disagreement degenerates into name calling and insults.  We all want peace and quiet, and swift harsh justice for the cop who murdered George Floyd.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, savorytiger said:

So when did I imply Trump was the next Hitler? When did I imply you were in a cult? Don't lump my statements with others. You even know you're doing it since you mentioned Homer. Also, why am I telling Homer what to post? 

I mentioned that Hitler - like Trump - assumed power without a majority vote and he says I called him a Nazi.  :rolleyes: 

And I can hardly take credit for calling Trump supporters a "cult".  Many have beaten me to that charge.  

Hell, there's even a book on it:

The Cult of Trump: A Leading Cult Expert Explains How the President Uses Mind Control 

31 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I mentioned that Hitler - like Trump - assumed power without a majority vote and he says I called him a Nazi.  :rolleyes: 

This reminded me of this from Facebook. Screenshot from a friend of mine who post his text response....I know it can go both ways, but we aren’t going to get anywhere when people have this mindset. SMDH!! 

6EBFB85E-2C61-450F-91DC-D29E3AA35CA1.jpeg

On 6/2/2020 at 1:26 PM, homersapien said:

Trump is working overtime to devise a way for this to help him in the election.  Probably cutting into his golf and twitter time.

That photo reminds me of the saying:  "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the American flag and carrying a cross."

'Words of a dictator': Trump's threat to deploy military raises spectre of fascism

The president suggested the US could use troops against Americans – true to the instincts of a man surrounded by sycophants

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/02/donald-trump-george-floyd-protests-military-threat

No, it will have the name Anti-fascist and wear all black with a backpack. 

10 hours ago, toddc said:

No, it will have the name Anti-fascist and wear all black with a backpack. 

I'm growing ever more curious where you get your information from. 

Archived