National Guard officer says police suddenly moved on Lafayette Square protesters, used ‘excessive force’ before Trump visit

homersapien

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Don't you have a television? Those news videos of cities burning and looters breaking out windows and carrying items off weren't some photoshop  stuff.

As far as "Trump supporter", I'm badly disappointed in President Trump for his mis-handling of these rioters. The mess in Portland has been going on for over two months now. After three days, when it became clear that the foolish mayor of Portland wasn't going to take appropriate action, the President should have federalized the National Guard and cleared the streets of these hoodlums. Tear gas, rubber bullets, armored personnel carriers, whatever it took to protect the population, businesses and home owners from these Marxist thugs.

Here we have the Trump supporter focusing on a tree instead of the forest. He will never acknowledge that the riots were started by a white cop in Minneapolis. He will cling to false narratives about the protests.  He will regurgitate Fox News and insist that Portland protestors are terrorists when in actuality all they did was graffiti some statutes. Again, he adamantly  applauds the disregard of due process and advocates for tear gassing American citizens and shooting them with rubber bullets. He is cheering tyranny while democracy dies.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Hint:  Any sort of violence or destruction, anywhere, is going to make the "front page" everywhere in every news outlet. Always.  "If it bleeds it leads".

That doesn't mean it's a fair or general characterization of the literally thousands of peaceful protests that were occurring throughout the country in both large and small cities. 

It it were, we would actually be having the sort of civil unrest that Trump is trying to convince you we have.  We're not.  Most (thinking) people realize that.

So what is it with conservatives that makes them soooo gullible? :dunno:

And if a given city really needs federal help, it's up to them to ask for it. I mean, aren't you the guys who are always touting federalism and state's rights???  

Because of a lower cognitive ability, conservatives are swayed easily by propaganda. 
There is no point in trying to reason with a Trump supporter. Rather accept them for what they are, a cult whose leader is above reproach. 

“At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids,” the Park Police said in a statement. “The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.”

“As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls when protestors did scatter from the area."

Trump addressed the nation from in front of the White House before he and his cabinet set out on foot, Bible in hand, to visit the church. He has also been torched by the Antifa-lovers on the left for the way he held his Bible. I guess some days you just can't get anything right.  

Immediately after returning to the White House, Trump was obliterated by the press and the likes of none other than radicals Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, who accused the president of "attacking" those "peaceful protesters" with tear gas and having them violently removed from Lafayette Park.

United States Park Police Acting Chief Gregory T. Monahan issued a statement debunking the false narrative: "At approximately 6:33 p.m., violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles, and caustic liquids. The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats, and metal poles hidden along the street."

Monahan says the decision was made to remove the "peaceful protesters" to prevent a repeat of what happened on Sunday night.

"As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls. No tear gas was used," he said.

The protesters were also warned three times on park loudspeakers to vacate the park before the police began to remove them.

The media intentionally lied to create a narrative that the President of the United States employed violent tactics against peaceful citizens who were simply exercising their First Amendment right to free expression. In other words, the American media and Trump's Democrat opponents colluded to create a false impression for our friends and foes around the world that President Trump used excessive force against his own people in order to crush dissent. They lied to create instability.

And you still don't believe the media is the enemy of the people?

On 8/3/2020 at 2:51 PM, GiveEmElle said:

Because of a lower cognitive ability, conservatives are swayed easily by propaganda. 
There is no point in trying to reason with a Trump supporter. Rather accept them for what they are, a cult whose leader is above reproach. 

These people are racist reactionaries. I didn't buy the "cult" description at first, but after listening to a little right-wing, local talk radio on my way home from an errand this pm, I believe it.

It was a constant stream of ridiculing and deriding the use of masks, asking why in hell Trump hasn't fired Fauci and Birks yet (for being straight about the pandemic),  demonizing Black Lives matter, ridiculing the "woke" movement and criticizing companies that promote diversity. And that was about 5 minutes worth.

All in the service of their "Great Leader", who knows exactly who and what they are, and depends on it.

We've got to resign this despicable bunch to the ash pile of history for the sake of our country. 

Portland’s downtown protests are the smallest in weeks, after federal officers leave

PORTLAND, Ore. — For the first time in 67 nights of demonstrations, Portland’s Sunday evening protests against racism and police brutality were far smaller, calmer and contemplative, with federal officers pulling back after global criticism over their use of violence.

State police were hands-off on Sunday evening. By 9:30 p.m., a few hundred people — the smallest number in weeks — stood in two parks opposite the downtown Portland Justice Center.

In one corner of a park, there was a candlelight vigil, while in another, a large crowd listened to a 1966 speech by the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr, which was played through a loudspeaker.

“We have come a long, long way, but we have a long, long way to go before the problem is solved,” King’s voice boomed from a recording of his speech at Illinois Wesleyan University.

Matthew Stowers, a 37-year-old puppeteer, was carrying a leaf blower that he had been using to push tear gas away after federal officials had arrived in July.

He said he may not have to use his “air sword” anytime soon.

“It’s been pretty quiet, but I still want to make sure I’m prepared,” he said, adding that even though federal officers had pulled back, the protests were still potent. “A lot of people were out here because they really disagreed with the federal government and the current administration.”

Serena Cruz, 53, executive director of the Virginia Garcia Memorial Foundation, called last night’s protest and the removal of federal officers, “a transition period.”

“There’s still people here, however,” Cruz added. “Because Black Lives Matter.”

By Adam Taylor and Emily Wax-Thibodeaux

49 minutes ago, homersapien said:

These people are racist reactionaries. I didn't buy the "cult" description at first, but after listening to a little right-wing, local talk radio on my way home from an errand this pm, I believe it.

It was a constant stream of ridiculing and deriding the use of masks, asking why in hell Trump hasn't fired Fauci and Birks yet (for being straight about the pandemic),  demonizing Black Lives matter, ridiculing the "woke" movement and criticizing companies that promote diversity. And that was about 5 minutes worth.

All in the service of their "Great Leader", who knows exactly who and what they are, and depends on it.

We've got to resign this despicable bunch to the ash bin of history for the sake of our country. 

I’m going to enrage the cult with what I’m about to say, but it won’t be the first time. Their leader is astonishingly devoid of intelligence. I’ve literally heard five and six year old children that were more proficient in oral communication than Donald Trump. He babbles and rambles repeating words and phrases in an attempt to sound lengthy to disguise his ignorance on the subject matter. He has absolutely no comprehension of how government works. His geography knowledge is limited to non existent. Heck, he didn’t even know Israel was in the Middle East. And asking if you could inject light or disinfectant to the body was the moment every Republican should have walked away. But they didn’t. They stayed. And now their object of hopeless devotion is bragging about passing a dementia test. I’d be ashamed to even admit I supported someone so stupid. But they don’t care. Because his racism or xenophobia or boorish behavior turns them on. It normalizes their worst, and for that he had their undying and unwavering support. 

22 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I’m going to enrage the cult with what I’m about to say, but it won’t be the first time. Their leader is astonishingly devoid of intelligence. I’ve literally heard five and six year old children that were more proficient in oral communication than Donald Trump. He babbles and rambles repeating words and phrases in an attempt to sound lengthy to disguise his ignorance on the subject matter. He has absolutely no comprehension of how government works. His geography knowledge is limited to non existent. Heck, he didn’t even know Israel was in the Middle East. And asking if you could inject light or disinfectant to the body was the moment every Republican should have walked away. But they didn’t. They stayed. And now their object of hopeless devotion is bragging about passing a dementia test. I’d be ashamed to even admit I supported someone so stupid. But they don’t care. Because his racism or xenophobia or boorish behavior turns them on. It normalizes their worst, and for that he had their undying and unwavering support. 

Believing that 40% of our country is a cult is not only ignorant it is a full on display that lacks intelligence. 

This country came together for two days post George Floyd's murder. Anarchists hijacked peaceful protests driving citizens from their homes, injuring even killing hundreds, destroying businesses in inner cities that rely on them, etc. Black lives in those inner cities don't really matter do they?

No one here denies racism. I think most agree on police reform. 

Citing WAPO or CNN talking points only tears this country apart. They are mostly inaccurate, but their goal clear. All politics with this crew. 

21 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Believing that 40% of our country is a cult is not only ignorant it is a full on display that lacks intelligence. 

This country came together for two days post George Floyd's murder. Anarchists hijacked peaceful protests driving citizens from their homes, injuring even killing hundreds, destroying businesses in inner cities that rely on them, etc. Black lives in those inner cities don't really matter do they?

No one here denies racism. I think most agree on police reform. 

Citing WAPO or CNN talking points only tears this country apart. They are mostly inaccurate, but their goal clear. All politics with this crew. 

Actually when  I said Trump supporters are a cult I wasn’t citing WAPO nor CNN. I was citing cult expert Steven Hassan.  Feel free to insult my intelligence all you like , but I’m not the one who installed the village idiot in the White House. 

32 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Feel free to insult my intelligence all you like

I didn't have to. You did it for me.

And this thread is full of WAPO/CNN talking points.

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

I didn't have to. You did it for me.

And this thread is full of WAPO/CNN talking points.

I did nothing for you other than challenge your support for the world’s  dumbest man. You didn’t like it so you had to hurl an insult.

Its amusing that you are championing a man that actually thought you could inject disinfectant in the body or hit  it with light  yet you call me the unintelligent one. 
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Go take your hydroxychloroquine and go to bed.  

18 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I did nothing for you other than challenge your support for the world’s  dumbest man. You didn’t like it so you had to hurl an insult.

Its amusing that you are championing a man that actually thought you could inject disinfectant in the body or hit  it with light  yet you call me the unintelligent one. 
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Go take your hydroxychloroquine and go to bed.  

You did no such thing and my response wasn't in support of any dumb man. I championed truth and that's your real beef. 

• I called into question your ignorance on cults.
  • I spoke to anarchy thus the reason for smoke canisters and pepper balls.
  • I dismissed your claim that basically the entire Republican Party is racist. 
  • I cited how WAPO/CNN talking points are meant only to divide us.

Again, I didn't have to insult your intelligence. You did a fine job all by your lonesome.

Think I'll have a Blanton's instead. ;D  Nite Elle, so glad you are back!

9 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Portland protestors are terrorists when in actuality all they did was graffiti some statutes.

Good grief! Try to educate yourself. Does this look like graffifi on statues? Pamplin Media Group - Looting erupts in downtown Portland, police ....

actuality all they did was graffiti some statutes.

How about this? Scenes from riot in downtown Portland that followed peaceful ...

actuality all they did was graffiti some statutes.

Since you obviously are incapable of looking for yourself, here's a link to several more pictures of these Thugs vandalizing, looting and burning Portland. https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+portland+riots&client=firefox-b-1-d&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=Or1uiYHb6xc_-M%2CLYWMtdDEnXftgM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRCHNbkGlDaIb_u14QUMzeZXoHvzw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjXos-n04DrAhVVa80KHfFHCl8Q9QEwBXoECAoQIA&biw=1450&bih=895#imgrc=rmVemca24yHUaM

A large part of the taxes we pay is supposed to go to domestic security. It's time to send in the troops and run these Marxist outfits off the streets and get them behind some concertina wire somewhere in an unpleasant desert location.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

A large part of the taxes we pay is supposed to go to domestic security. It's time to send in the troops and run these Marxist outfits off the streets and get them behind some concertina wire somewhere in an unpleasant desert location.

Well, if you are referring to people caught in the act of destroying property, I am with you, at least to the extent they should be arrested if caught committing violent acts or destroying property.

But protestors are not "Marxist outfits" (sic). 

And even individuals apprehended for violence and destruction of property have a right to due process, including probable cause for being arrested.  It sounds like you may  be recommending something which is extrajudicial, which would be unconstitutional and un American.   You aren't doing that are you?

11 hours ago, homersapien said:

sounds like you may  be recommending something which is extrajudicial,

Nonsense.

They are lawbreakers. Run 'em in, haul 'em to some unpleasant location, charge 'em and hold 'em there until a judge sets their bail. One bail hearing at a time, it could take weeks to work through all of it.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Nonsense.

They are lawbreakers. Run 'em in, haul 'em to some unpleasant location, charge 'em and hold 'em there until a judge sets their bail. One bail hearing at a time, it could take weeks to work through all of it.

are you saying lawful protesters do not have a right to protest mikey? and are you one of the guys that said if protesters were blocking the road you would just run over them? two questions mikey. i hope you answer them. i think you are better than that but i also thought this country is better than trump too.

On 8/3/2020 at 3:14 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Trump addressed the nation from in front of the White House before he and his cabinet set out on foot, Bible in hand, to visit the church. He has also been torched by the Antifa-lovers on the left for the way he held his Bible. I guess some days you just can't get anything right.  

Immediately after returning to the White House, Trump was obliterated by the press and the likes of none other than radicals Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, who accused the president of "attacking" those "peaceful protesters" with tear gas and having them violently removed from Lafayette Park.

United States Park Police Acting Chief Gregory T. Monahan issued a statement debunking the false narrative: "At approximately 6:33 p.m., violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles, and caustic liquids. The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats, and metal poles hidden along the street."

Monahan says the decision was made to remove the "peaceful protesters" to prevent a repeat of what happened on Sunday night.

"As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls. No tear gas was used," he said.

The protesters were also warned three times on park loudspeakers to vacate the park before the police began to remove them.

The media intentionally lied to create a narrative that the President of the United States employed violent tactics against peaceful citizens who were simply exercising their First Amendment right to free expression. In other words, the American media and Trump's Democrat opponents colluded to create a false impression for our friends and foes around the world that President Trump used excessive force against his own people in order to crush dissent. They lied to create instability.

And you still don't believe the media is the enemy of the people?

tell the whole truth. trump gassed his own people at a peaceful and lawful protest just to wave a bible. that is fact and you misled folks with your statement. he gassed people observing the law. one military cat even siad the next day he was ashamed as they had been misled about the protesters. eat a cookie. and you need no drugs 78 because you live in some kind of fantasy world. but i would love to see your link on that.

On 8/3/2020 at 11:02 PM, Mikey said:

This is one of my favorite things about the Trump supporter. For 3 1/2 years they’ve screamed that the news was fake. But now news of terrorists and anarchist taking over Portland is real news. Antifa is real and covid19 is fake. 

On 8/3/2020 at 10:58 PM, Mikey said:

Good grief! Try to educate yourself. Does this look like graffifi on statues? Pamplin Media Group - Looting erupts in downtown Portland, police ....

Lmao. You’re literally defending a POTUS who cannot pronounce Yosemite yet I’m the one who needs educating.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 8/3/2020 at 8:38 PM, AUFAN78 said:

You did no such thing and my response wasn't in support of any dumb man. I championed truth and that's your real beef. 

• I called into question your ignorance on cults.
  • I spoke to anarchy thus the reason for smoke canisters and pepper balls.
  • I dismissed your claim that basically the entire Republican Party is racist. 
  • I cited how WAPO/CNN talking points are meant only to divide us.

Again, I didn't have to insult your intelligence. You did a fine job all by your lonesome.

Think I'll have a Blanton's instead. ;D  Nite Elle, so glad you are back!

Let’s talk about intelligence shall we? 
Your truth is that Trump supporters aren’t a cult despite evidence to the contrary. Your truth is that the GOP isn’t racist despite being supported by the KKK and even running candidates with ties to white supremacy groups. You regurgitate Trump’s line that media is the bad guy. 

Yeah, none of that sounds like a cult at all. 🙄

Let’s talk about intelligence shall we? Glad to have that conversation. Bring it.

Your truth is that Trump supporters aren’t a cult despite evidence to the contrary. Opinion pieces from CNN, WAPO, NYT, Salon, Vox, etc. are not evidence of any cult, but rather opinion pieces designed to divide us. Still want to talk intelligence after such a ludicrous claim?

Your truth is that the GOP isn’t racist despite being supported by the KKK and even running candidates with ties to white supremacy groups. Antifa supports DEMS. Your point?

You regurgitate Trump’s line that media is the bad guy. This is my fav Elle. Here is an example:

safe_image.php?d=AQBj4wHKz1_tjGBI&w=584&

Yeah, none of that sounds like a cult at all. 🙄 Agree. A minority of outliers do exist. That is sad.

12 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

All that to defend the man who is so stupid he bragged about passing a dementia test. 

person

womsn

man

camera

tv

Missing the point Blank Template - Imgflip

Archived