SC post game thread

bigbird

Just now, aubaseball said:

Boy, I’m glad none on here are making the decisions 

Heh.  No kidding.  I railed against the idiots pushing that.  Made some enemies, I think.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

So here's my thing:

I get that Gus needs to go....I totally agree.  He needs to leave.  Fire him, and let's move on.

My problem is we do this with every coach every time we start to struggle.  Go back to Pat Dye.  After Dye, we move into the Bowden era.  He gets run off.  Tubs gets run off.  Chiz gets run off. Gus is getting run off.

When are we going to recognize this as a pattern?  Yes, fire Gus.  But we've got to stop running these guys out the door.  WDE.

Tubs wasn't run off.  He had 10 years.  And outside of one season (maybe two if you want to count 2006), we were a mediocre program.

And on cue bammer does something in 2 minutes that we can’t do in an entire game against UGA

3 minutes ago, fishepa said:

And on cue bammer does something in 2 minutes that we can’t do in an entire game against UGA

When you've got a 5* OLine and 5* WR, that happens (of course, uga gets a ton of 5* as well). And IMO, that uga pick hit the ground.

My analysis: Bo is playing like crap and being a drama queen.  Chad came to Auburn to boost passing game.  We’ve tried and it’s not working for various reasons.  We got a stud tailback in tank and we need to go back to ground and pound like we were doing in successful seasons with play action.  We must transition back to a run 1st team quickly.  

23 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

walk on at thUGA is about to shred Alabama.

These two teams are so much better coached it's like watching a whole different level of football. 

1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

These 2 teams playing right now our in a different league than us. We make it look so hard

The SEC in general this year looks terrible aside from those two. From week to week you see teams with flashes of brilliance, then look completely lost the next. 

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Tubs wasn't run off.  He had 10 years.  And outside of one season (maybe two if you want to count 2006), we were a mediocre program.

I would happily take a sustained run of 2005 and 6 level results.

2 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

So here's my thing:

I get that Gus needs to go....I totally agree.  He needs to leave.  Fire him, and let's move on.

My problem is we do this with every coach every time we start to struggle.  Go back to Pat Dye.  After Dye, we move into the Bowden era.  He gets run off.  Tubs gets run off.  Chiz gets run off. Gus is getting run off.

When are we going to recognize this as a pattern?  Yes, fire Gus.  But we've got to stop running these guys out the door.  WDE.

Uh, kind of contradictory. LOL

I'm repeating myself, but with a reason. because .... wellll.... the Bo

Our 4* dual threat QB recruit Demetrius Davis was probably watching this game thinking "I'm going to be the starting QB for Auburn next year."

Either that, or "Do I really want to play in this clown offense?"

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

I would happily take a sustained run of 2005 and 6 level results.

2005 was pretty much a replica of last season. If that's what you want, have at it.  I'll pass.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

2005 was pretty much a replica of last season. If that's what you want, have at it.  I'll pass.

A run of consistent 9-11 win seasons? Don't threaten me with a good time!

Just now, AUwent said:

A run of consistent 9-11 win seasons? Don't threaten me with a good time!

Yeah, I'm more interested in competing for championships.  Know what we didn't do during that 2005-2007 run?  Win the West.

Looking at post game stats

1) 47 is way too many passing attempts for Bo

2) Tank averaged almost 7 yards a carry.  He got 16 carries but should have been more like 25

3) DJ only got 4 carries.  Should have been more like 10-15

4)Bo had 15 carries.  Should have been 5-10 max.  

Chad is asking Bo to do too much and he’s not ready yet.  You don’t need to lean on Bo so hard when Auburn can run the ball.  Everything looked better yesterday except for Bo. 

20 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Vote for the most “Auburn Being Auburn” hire to replace Gus:

A) Rhett Lashley

B ) Will Muschamp

C) Whoever is coaching SunBelt Champion 

D) Bobby Petrino’s son or son-in-law

@passthebiscuits you forgot E. Kevin Steele promoted to HC. Whether it turned out to be successful or not that would be about as Auburn as it gets.

On 10/17/2020 at 4:42 PM, passthebiscuits said:

Brutal game. Can’t say I didn’t warn ya.

so...my two cents:

If you are one of the ones that is saying, “but who are we gonna get who’s any better?” I just want to point out that you, too, are at least willing to accept the reality in front of us.

In my opinion, the question of “who are we going to replace him with?” Or “what if we swing and miss on a new hire?” Is a victim’s mentality. We have to get out. We have to move on. We can fix up the biscuits with some butter and jelly later, but the biscuits are burnt. 

In other news, 

there are some Auburn men that should be supported who played their jockstrap off:

Tank, Sherwood, Pappoe...I’m missing some I’m sure, but these guys left it out there for this dumpster fire. War Eagle!

My two cents:  I am one who says a swing and a miss hire is the absolute last thing we need at Auburn.  I do not feel victimized when I say that as you say that would be my mentality.  I hope we Finish the season on a tear and current leadership addresses our issues.  Some say our coach isn’t capable of that, well maybe he’s not, but I’m of the opinion that he don’t like loosing either and would make permanent changes to our problems with solutions that he feels will fix them.  Perhaps those solutions work perhaps not.  The players mentioned were freaks on the field.  Tank needs to be the typical bell cow back that All successful Auburn teams have.  I’ll never call my program a dumpster fire.  Surely you’re referring to the results of this individual game being tough to swallow.  War eagle.  

25 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

My two cents:  I am one who says a swing and a miss hire is the absolute last thing we need at Auburn.  I do not feel victimized when I say that as you say that would be my mentality.  I hope we Finish the season on a tear and current leadership addresses our issues.  Some say our coach isn’t capable of that, well maybe he’s not, but I’m of the opinion that he don’t like loosing either and would make permanent changes to our problems with solutions that he feels will fix them.  Perhaps those solutions work perhaps not.  The players mentioned were freaks on the field.  Tank needs to be the typical bell cow back that All successful Auburn teams have.  I’ll never call my program a dumpster fire.  Surely you’re referring to the results of this individual game being tough to swallow.  War eagle.  .

First, I didn’t call “your” program a dumpster fire. I think I mentioned burnt biscuits. Completely different ways to heat materials. (Also, a little playful ribbing at my own avatar.)

But more importantly, this kind of thinking is what has divided our fan base. You see, I am of the opinion that people can have differences of opinion...think critically...one CAN be supportive of our team AND look at objective evidence. I would suggest that through all the “hoping” and “maybes” in your statement above, that you realize that to swing and miss, you must first step up to bat.

I hope we go on to win all of our games also. I find that outcome improbable. However, the point of my post is to rationally explain why the fear of change (and there’s no other way to explain it) should not be the thinking here. Instead, as you so eloquently wrote, if one is not in favor of a change, it should be because of a rational belief that the current state of things is the better way, or that positive changes can happen within the current system. 

In general, an important life lesson is that often times you have to risk it to get the biscuit. (See what I did there?) 

wde 

8 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

First, I didn’t call “your” program a dumpster fire. I think I mentioned burnt biscuits. Completely different ways to heat materials. (Also, a little playful ribbing at my own avatar.)

But more importantly, this kind of thinking is what has divided our fan base. You see, I am of the opinion that people can have differences of opinion...think critically...one CAN be supportive of our team AND look at objective evidence. I would suggest that through all the “hoping” and “maybes” in your statement above, that you realize that to swing and miss, you must first step up to bat.

I hope we go on to win all of our games also. I find that outcome improbable. However, the point of my post is to rationally explain why the fear of change (and there’s no other way to explain it) should not be the thinking here. Instead, as you so eloquently wrote, if one is not in favor of a change, it should be because of a rational belief that the current state of things is the better way, or that positive changes can happen within the current system. 

In general, an important life lesson is that often times you have to risk it to get the biscuit. (See what I did there?) 

wde 

I vote we Risk It for the Biscuit.  

9 minutes ago, AURealist said:

I vote we Risk It for the Biscuit.  

236AD9D1-954A-4EA9-ACE5-2F3836DA1F87.png

22 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

wde 

Man you could have much quicker just said you don’t expect that our coach will ever make us a better.... Cool, most people dont.  

Thanks for calling me eloquent.  I thought it was rather simple straight forward.  

You’re very last question at the very end states (see what I did there?) My answer to the question: Type a lot of junk 

WDE

13 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

Man you could have much quicker just said you don’t expect that our coach will ever make us a better.... Cool, most people dont.  

Thanks for calling me eloquent.  I thought it was rather simple straight forward.  

You’re very last question at the very end states (see what I did there?) My answer to the question: Type a lot of junk 

WDE

Honest question- why should we keep malzahn? What evidence do you have that shows hes capable of being successful? What makes you believe in him? Please share, no flame

Archived