Ole Miss Score Predictions

Zeek

I was very close on score the last two weeks so maybe I shouldn't pick the score this time. But here goes.  Neither team has much defense, but one team has an offense. Rebs had a bad game but they will bounce back at home.  48-31 Ole Miss and not as close as the score.  Nothing would please me more to be dead wrong on this one.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure we are going back to "smash ball' this weekend for several reasons:

• Auburn desperately needs to win
  • QB needs some of the play making pressure removed from him
  • Pass plays will work better once the defense is thinking run first
  • AU passing attack is fractured right now and needs some help
  • A successful rushing attack will control the ball, control the clock, and protect the defensive line

I don't know if they can run the football against Ole Miss, but I suspect that they are going to try. I also suspect that CGM is now directing the offense. I truly hope that they will distribute the carries among at least three running backs but if they just go with the "hot hand", you know CGM is back in control.

Auburn   - 35

Ole Miss - 21

7 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Well if you look at the stats, South Carolina has a decent defense - better than ours and significantly better than Miss.

17 points against Ole Miss this weekend would be a crime against college football and Gus/Morris should have their contracts voided and be arrested for stealing AU’s money. That ole miss defense is the worst I have ever seen. 

to me this game is more dangerous than usual for Auburn

if you look thru O&B glasses then sure we should win this one as it appears this game plays into our strength

possibly beat LSU next week

and be either 3-3 or 4-2 heading into the bye week

However if you take O&B glasses off does it play into our strengths? are we really the better team on paper?

if you look at our first four games we are fortunate not to be 1-3 or perhaps even 0-4 depending on whether or not you think Kentucky had the TD before halftime

it feels like the game where Gus tries to cool down things a bit by beating a team he should beat. but then again does it really?

it just feels different this time when you think hey we should be 0-4 or 1-3 instead of 2-2

either way war eagle my friend

1 hour ago, CodeRocket said:

A successful rushing attack will control the ball, control the clock, and protect the defensive line

This makes too much sense. We need to milk the clock, keep the ball, and score TDs (not FGS). If we come out Air raid like we did against USCe I am going to turn off the TV. 

On 10/19/2020 at 3:35 PM, AUDevil said:

Corral had 6 picks last week.  Gotta think that could affect him and OM's game plan.

Yeah. They still sling it but I’m much more efficient this week.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:13 PM, WalkingCarpet said:

50/50 chance Gus is fired Sunday morning.  

@WalkingCarpet  Sadly nope. More like virtually a 0% chance. We probably have to lose out to have a shot at him being fired this season.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:41 AM, bigbird said:

Us: 27

Them: 34

With all the infighting going on for this team which players on Auburn are us & which players are them? LOL

Ole Miss is ranked last in nearly every defensive category and they’re now having to move O players to D to shore up depth.  I think we score a ton of points if Gus commits to run first and play action.  Probably in the 50’s, maybe 60’s.  Some folks are going to think that Gus and the offense have found their way and that he deserves a 5 year extension.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

@WalkingCarpet  Sadly nope. More like virtually a 0% chance. We probably have to lose out to have a shot at him being fired this season.

His seat is going to be nuclear next year, I would think?

24 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Some folks are going to think that Gus and the offense have found their way and that he deserves a 5 year extension.

Worst movie franchise of all time. I really don't understand who's paying to see these sequels. 

If Gus is undefeated in week five games as someone posted, is it because he's usually on the hot seat by now and coaches his butt off? 

Will any coach be fired in the year of Covid?

57 minutes ago, AUwent said:

His seat is going to be nuclear next year, I would think?

@AUwent PTB & WDE. are arguably two of the most connected people to the program on this board. They have said consistently many times we are stuck with him another two years minimum. I’d be surprised if you hadn’t seen their posts on that. I wouldn’t hope for a quicker resolution unless they say otherwise.

This game reminds me of 2018 Auburn Ole Miss game.  Coming off back to back disappointing losses to Miss State and Tennessee Auburn ran the ball down Ole Miss's throat.  It was my first trip to Oxford and I fully expected Auburn to lose.  I hope this game goes about the same way.  

43 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We aren’t. 

Um yes we are. We are missing two of our LB‘s because they are sitting out due to Covid and one of them is the other major team leader on roster.

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUwent PTB & WDE. are arguably two of the most connected people to the program on this board. They have said consistently many times we are stuck with him another two years minimum. I’d be surprised if you hadn’t seen their posts on that. I wouldn’t hope for a quicker resolution unless they say otherwise.

2022 makes perfect sense, 10 years and all. $10.5M will be perfectly manageable. In the meantime let’s just get that damn facility built to impress coaching candidates when we finally do can him.

This is the type of game Gus normally pulls out of no where and gets the team going. Unfortunately this year we don't have the horses on either side of the ball to be difference makers. And we aren't a sound enough football team to play good ball consistently. 

I'll go AU 26 - Ol Miss 35. I think we keep it close and on the ground for much of the first half. Ol miss starts to hit some big plays and gets a bit of a lead and we have to pass to get back in the game. That does not go well as the sacks and 3 and outs pile up. 

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There might be some movement away from that, but I'm not holding my breath.

Archived