Here's what I don't get

TigerHorn

11 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

Incorrect.  Florida, Bama, Georgia, aTm were the 4 teams I ranked ahead of us... making us 5th that I referred to.

Cool metric tho...

What is your "ranking" based off of? 

If you want to use loose logic and semantics to convince yourself that things are in fact peachy, go ahead lol. The rest of the SEC past those four teams you named has collectively looked completely pedestrian; if you wanna get happy about MAYBE being the "best" of that bunch then you're in for an enjoyable season. I watch the games on the field and make my conclusions based off of that. We are not a good football team.

Just wondering, what happens if LSU cleans our clock next week? 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, metafour said:

If you want to use loose logic and semantics to convince yourself that things are in fact peachy, go ahead lol. The rest of the SEC past those four teams you named has collectively looked completely pedestrian; if you wanna get happy about MAYBE being the "best" of that bunch then you're in for an enjoyable season. I watch the games on the field and make my conclusions based off of that. We are not a good football team.

Basis of rankings: Wins and losses.  

You call it loose logic I call it the bottom line way that any given set of teams are typically ranked.  

If LSU were to “clean our clock” I’d move us down in the rankings accordingly.  I got us winning though... followed by many people like you trying to find reasons why we should  have lost.  

11 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

Basis of rankings: Wins and losses.  

You call it loose logic I call it the bottom line way that any given set of teams are typically ranked.  

If LSU were to “clean our clock” I’d move us down in the rankings accordingly.  I got us winning though... followed by many people like you trying to find reasons why we should  have lost.  

That’s what Metafour is saying. If you are basing it off of wins and losses and we have one more win than Florida does, then why do you have them ahead of us?

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

That’s what Metafour is saying. If you are basing it off of wins and losses and we have one more win than Florida does, then why do you have them ahead of us?

Win/loss ratio....  Y’all wanna rank Florida behind us y’all go right ahead.  I got us at 5th in the SEC as would most people.

5 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

What you are saying would be basing it off of wins alone, not wins AND losses. 

Florida: 2/3 = 67% win percentage

Auburn: 3/5 = 60% win percentage

60 < 67

Florida is ranked higher than Auburn.

it isn’t rocket science.

27 minutes ago, metafour said:

Based on this thread I’d say if we beat LSU then you are likely to say no big deal since they lost to Miss ST and MO and you will still call us a bad team. 
 I’d tell you we are an average SEC team if we lose to LSU and we are clearly an above average SEC team this year so far should we beat them. 

2 minutes ago, nutspanther said:

60 < 67

it isn’t rocket science.

^^ Look at this guy, being all logical and stuff.  A dying breed.

I've not read every post in every thread but I haven't seen anyone state that we should give the games back to UK, Arky and OM. I won't speak for others but for me it's an expectation of Auburn football that has me bothered. I expect Auburn to beat certain opponents like the above mentioned without "barely winning by the skin of our teeth" with an assist from a blown call. We should be better than those teams outright, no ifs, and or buts. Most of what I've read from others makes me think they feel the same way. We very easily could be winless right now without those calls and that should have Auburn fans pi$$ed off. There is no reasonable excuse except for the one that is obvious and that is the head coach. COVID, lack of Spring practice, new OC or not, we are not the only team going through this. It's always something with Gus. For the fans that aren't ticked off I'm happy for you. I don't understand it but good for you. Enjoy another mediocre season. 

6 minutes ago, nutspanther said:

60 < 67

it isn’t rocket science.

It may not be rocket science, chucklenuts, but it’s not the only measure of determining how good a team is. If that were the case then we wouldn’t have dropped in the polls this season after a win.

1 minute ago, SocialCircle said:

Based on this thread I’d say if we beat LSU then you are likely to say no big deal since they lost to Miss ST and MO and you will still call us a bad team. 
 I’d tell you we are an average SEC team if we lose to LSU and we are clearly an above average SEC team this year so far should we beat them. 
I suspect we will end up with 5 or 6 SEC wins this season which will mean we are average to slightly above average this year. 

4 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

If you say that you’re “happy with where we’re at”. 

You have to literally say we suck no matter what to please this bunch.  

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I've not read every post in every thread but I haven't seen anyone state that we should give the games back to UK, Arky and OM. I won't speak for others but for me it's an expectation of Auburn football that has me bothered. I expect Auburn to beat certain opponents like the above mentioned without "barely winning by the skin of our teeth" with an assist from a blown call. We should be better than those teams outright, no ifs, and or buts. Most of what I've read from others makes me think they feel the same way. We very easily could be winless right now without those calls and that should have Auburn fans pi$$ed off. There is no reasonable excuse except for the one that is obvious and that is the head coach. COVID, lack of Spring practice, new OC or not, we are not the only team going through this. It's always something with Gus. For the fans that aren't ticked off I'm happy for you. I don't understand it but good for you. Enjoy another mediocre season. 

Yea it’s clear you didn’t read the whole thread.  

Go along with your illusion that fans that don’t say we suck are pleased with our current standings.  Please carry on....

7 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

If you say that you’re “happy with where we’re at”. 

You have to literally say we suck no matter what to please this bunch.  

I always want us to win every game. I wish we were better this year. I was happy to see bounce back games from Bo and Seth yesterday. I think our o line has improved to the point where at least our o line is better than last year’s o line. It has also been fun watching Tank bust onto the scene and it was great seeing Shivers being explosive after being injured. I do like our roster and we will be experienced next year. So I look forward to seeing the continued improvement of this team. I think we will be a contender next season no matter who is coaching our team. 

15 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

Win/loss ratio....  Y’all wanna rank Florida behind us y’all go right ahead.  I got us at 5th in the SEC as would most people.

I don’t think Florida should be ranked behind us, but after watching LSU destroy the team that beat us I’m not sure how it is that you have LSU ranked behind us based solely off of wins and losses. Teams get better as the season progresses and LSU’s green players are starting to get their legs under them. They are playing as a much better team than we are.

9 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

It may not be rocket science, chucklenuts, but it’s not the only measure of determining how good a team is. If that were the case then we wouldn’t have dropped in the polls this season after a win.

Message from nutspanther:

It’s alright fugnugget.  No problem.  War Eagle.

2 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

Message from nutspanther:

It’s alright fugnugget.  No problem.  War Eagle.

Since you’re his handler tell him don’t be surprised when he responds with sarcasm that it’s returned.

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

I think it’s clear you didn’t read gr82b’s post.

I read it word for word.  It might be clear that I didn’t put too much stock into it, sure.  

7 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

I read it word for word.  It might be clear that I didn’t put too much stock into it, sure.  

Ok, reread gr82b’s post one more time and show me the part where he said other Auburn fans don’t say we suck. “I've not read every post in every thread but I haven't seen anyone state that we should give the games back to UK, Arky and OM. ” and  Most of what I've read from others makes me think they feel the same way. are the only references he makes to what others have posted.

4 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Ok, reread gr82b’s post one more time and show me the part where he said other Auburn fans don’t say we suck. “I've not read every post in every thread but I haven't seen anyone state that we should give the games back to UK, Arky and OM. ” is the only reference he makes to what others have posted.

Referred that fans should be pissed at where we currently are and to those that are happy with mediocrity.  Please find where that reference is...... 

I’m done going back and forth with you piggypat.  It’s all good.  War Eagle 

2 hours ago, GAAubie said:

I guess with all of the bogus calls and non calls that LSU has received in the last several games against us, they should forfeit those games. They were literally tackling our DL last year and our receivers the year before. How did Ole Miss have 1 penalty for 5 yards yesterday and numerous holds on Christian Tutt....in front of the official on the Ole Miss sideline that also gave them numerous excessive spots? This doesn't take into account all of the other holds, etc. If they don't call back the kickoff, maybe that gave us momentum and we blow them out. The officials weren't trying to help us. WE WON!

Yes, Ole Miss had one penalty for 5 yards, in the rain, no less.  We had a kick-off return for touchdown called back for holding, but the officials were cheating for AU??

Just LOL!

24 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

Referred that fans should be pissed at where we currently are and to those that are happy with mediocrity.  Please find where that reference is...... 

I’m done going back and forth with you piggypat.  It’s all good.  War Eagle 

Thank the Lord. I was beginning to suspect you were one of my sister’s kids trolling me.

41 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Ok, reread gr82b’s post one more time and show me the part where he said other Auburn fans don’t say we suck. “I've not read every post in every thread but I haven't seen anyone state that we should give the games back to UK, Arky and OM. ” and  Most of what I've read from others makes me think they feel the same way. are the only references he makes to what others have posted.

I spoke of expectations and clearly there are those who have minimal ones. I actually am happy for them. Never being disappointed must be nice. 😁

2 hours ago, Amwest20 said:

Incorrect.  Florida, Bama, Georgia, aTm were the 4 teams I ranked ahead of us... making us 5th that I referred to.

Cool metric tho...

You don’t think South Carolina and Arkansas are better than us? 

Just now, wcware said:

You don’t think South Carolina and Arkansas are better than us? 

I didn’t mean Arkansas. That was a typo. I feel like we lost that game.

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I spoke of expectations and clearly there are those who have minimal ones. I actually am happy for them. Never being disappointed must be nice. 😁

Look at you out there in your own little world quoting a total of zero people.
Let me play your game: It must suck to want your own team to lose so the coach will get fired.  

Archived