Amy Coney Barrett conformed to the SCOTUS

TitanTiger

8 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I did not.

Let's just say it was not pretty. Basically boils down to saying Biden had better win big on election night or he won't win at all. 

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Yeah **** that noise. McConnell and the GOP always hit the Dems with bare knuckle sucker punches and Dems smack back wearing an oven mitt.

Enough already. Let's play the game on their terms. 

It is really amazing that both sides believe the other side always sticks it to them.

Just now, SocialCircle said:

It is really amazing that both sides believe the other side always sticks it to them.

McConnell is a master at it. He's an a**hole but you can't deny he's effective. 

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Let's just say it was not pretty. Basically boils down to saying Biden had better win big on election night or he won't win at all. 

Find it hard to believe a fair election would be overturned. Based on recent polling, I know you're a fan, it shouldn't be a problem.

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Find it hard to believe a fair election would be overturned. Based on recent polling, I know you're a fan, it shouldn't be a problem.

Please read the opinion before you deign to comment further. 

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Please read the opinion before you deign to comment further. 

Wisconsin ruling?

26 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Wisconsin ruling?

That's the one. Kavanaugh made a fool of himself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

That's the one. Kavanaugh made a fool of himself. 

:dunno: If this election is important to you, I don't know how you miss such an important deadline.

“The rules haven’t changed,” Wikler said. “What changes is that there is now a certainty that ballots need to arrive by the time polls close. There is now a wave of public attention on that fact.”

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

"It's the 2056 Presidential election and the race is on to see whether the Republican nominee will win and expand the court to 57 members, or if the Democrats can win and keep it at 53."

As far-fetched as it sounds today, I 100% believe that is where we are heading with packing the court.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

:dunno: If this election is important to you, I don't know how you miss such an important deadline.

“The rules haven’t changed,” Wikler said. “What changes is that there is now a certainty that ballots need to arrive by the time polls close. There is now a wave of public attention on that fact.”

The right thing is to let every vote count for as long as you need to let voting continue until you have the necessary votes in order for your candidate to win. 

• Haha 1

Its sloppy as s*** and I can't believe a supposedly respected jurist would put his name on it. 

This is equivalent to saying if you were waiting in line as the polls close, your vote is invalid. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

The right thing is to let every vote count for as long as you need to let voting continue until you have the necessary votes in order for your candidate to win. 

Social reveals his hand here. Gotta find that sweet spot where you have just enough legally valid votes, but too many results in your side losing. 

**** the franchise, amirite?

13 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Its sloppy as s*** and I can't believe a supposedly respected jurist would put his name on it. 

This is equivalent to saying if you were waiting in line as the polls close, your vote is invalid. 

I get your point. I won't be waiting in line. 

I get your point. I won't be waiting in line. 

Well come to downtown Detroit or Birmingham and you would be. 

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Social reveals his hand here. Gotta find that sweet spot where you have just enough legally valid votes, but too many results in your side losing. 

**** the franchise, amirite?

It was a joke. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SocialCircle said:

It was a joke. 

Kavanaugh just argued that said joke isn't a "joke," per se.  

Make of that what you will. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Kavanaugh just argued that said joke isn't a "joke," per se.  

Make of that what you will. 

He did nothing of the sort.  He said there should be a deadline and made sure it was known well in advance of when the deadline occurs.  If you can't make the deadline, you only have yourself to blame. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, SocialCircle said:

He did nothing of the sort.  He said there should be a deadline and made sure it was known well in advance of when the deadline occurs.  If you can't make the deadline, you only have yourself to blame. 

That's a lie, a ******* lie, and you ******* know it. Hopefully the postal service is on their game, but the idea of a deadline is ******* arbitrary,  and you're a fool for suggesting it isnt. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Kavanaugh tried to argue that States call the election on election night and that being an important part of his decision making process with this ruling.  No state does that; the media does.  States don't certify votes officially often for weeks until the election is over.

Edited by Brad_ATX

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Kavanaugh tried to argue that States call the election on election night and that being an important part of his decision making process with this ruling.  No state does that; the media does.  States don't certify votes officially often for weeks until the election is over.

Again, a GOD-DAMNED-LIE. 

Kavanaugh is a lying sack of s***. Social carries his water.

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

Well come to downtown Detroit or Birmingham and you would be. 

No, I would not. If important, I would not wait until the last moment.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

No, I would not. If important, I would not wait until the last moment.

Has nothing to do with waiting til the last moment.

7 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Same snotty nosed kids whose moms demanded participation trophies. Whine, bitch and moan until they get their way. Time to spank that a$$ and forget timeout. And no, they are definitely not more educated. Just whinier. 

I seriously doubt it take much to be more educated than you.

17 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

The obstruction against Obama was unprecedented.  Guess you didn't notice, huh?

15 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

He did nothing of the sort. when the deadline occurs.  If you can't make the deadline, you only have yourself to blame. 

And anyone who has a mailed ballot postmarked before that deadline has met it.

Like Dub said, Kavanaugh's ruling is the exact equivalent of closing a polling place while people are still in line. 

And keep in mind that - pre-pandemic - more Republicans voted by mail than Democrats.