Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

4 hours ago, fredst said:

No. Our response to Alabama’s resurrection and run of excellence was to hire Chizik away from ISU and then to replace him with a goofball, high school coach that bailed out on Auburn once and then retain him through a run of sustained mediocrity( and even reward him for it). People’s love for Auburn is clouding their vision here to be optimistic, not the other way around. Back in the day, when Barfield lost to UT 42-0 you knew he was as good as gone as soon as the final game was played. Now, we accept getting crushed by our biggest rivals on a regular basis (and, going into the games knowing that we have little to no chance) and twist ourself into knots making excuses for why we are mediocre. The people that could do something about it expect the hokey “Auburn family” mantra to keep the fan base engaged while they allow an incompetent fool to run our program. Like it or not, Auburn is known by most people that didn’t attend there for its football program. Gus, of all people, is the national face of our university. His inability to run a competent program is doing daily long-term damage and the pace is accelerating. But, we can all just keep whistling past the graveyard while he is allowed to do it and be highly compensated for it. What a sad state of affairs for the football program and the university.

Based and orange and blue pilled

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, wcware said:

I just heard he was fired guys!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!! The voices in my head say a lot of things though, but I did hear it!

BTW I am an insider. I rarely go out on the weekend other than to golf

45 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I'll still be watching just to keep in-touch with this wonderful community of Gus critics. I'd be lonely without a bunch of someone's to complain to. My wife sure is glad this place exists so she doesn't have to hear it as much! 

You too?

I posted this in the game thread last night, and I'll repost it here for posterity. This closes a big chapter in Auburn's history. Gus really did change the game from 2007-2014. His run was 8 of the best years of my life personally. It started off very promising in 2010 as OC and then the magical run in 2013. I will never forget the Iron Bowl in 2013 and Auburn's first trip to the Rose Bowl (despite the final 13 seconds). My family thoroughly enjoyed being a part of both experiences. I honestly hate that Gus couldn't get out of his own way on O and/or evolve to keep up with the times. We have had the D to compete at the national level since 2017. I wish him well personally. He ran a good program overall. Just couldnt win when it counted. Better days are ahead for our Tigers. War Eagle!

Also, kudos to Allen Greene for making the call. Tough year to make this move financially. Doing nothing would have been the easy route. 

Hell to the Yea!!!

Archived