Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now I have to go to rehab. Well I will wait until we get a new coach and then I still want make a knee jerk decision on rehab so with that being said its time for a run boys !!!!!  I am heading to Walmart this time that's right I am going all out today. I am getting two cases of Old English and one case of Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull. For snacks I will get Grab for packs of red hot sausages two loafs of white bread and to top it off some Grey Poupon mustard well probably the great value style of that. As always if i can get anyone anything just let me know. I am out the door !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fans may be rejoicing, but we have players who are genuinely upset. 

I’ve been a big fan of Gus. He’s given me exciting, wonderful football memories...and a lot of frustration. 

WDE.

F35576A7-228D-41AB-9FF9-797AFA8ADABE.png

7C626A62-8C6F-4D06-B7AB-505E313B32EC.png

I don't think there's ever been any question about who Gus is as a man. Just wish the results on the field translates better than they have. It's a tough business. Glad his players are standing up for him. I think that bodes well for the future, actually.

Just now, Barnacle said:

I don't think there's ever been any question about who Gus is as a man. Just wish the results on the field translates better than they have. It's a tough business. Glad his players are standing up for him. I think that bodes well for the future, actually.

Agree. I’ve been pleasantly surprised at the response from his current and past players. 

Current and recent players being upset is normal. Change is hard, and it is difficult to be objective when you are close to the situation. Good news though, even if there is higher than usual turnover (Gus had plenty of players wash out every year anyway) we were destined for 8-4/9-3 next year regardless.

Yup.  These are still largely kids.  They see what Gus does inside and I appreciate that.  But he's ultimately paid based on on field performance.  Players may not like it, but this is a business.

14 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Agree. I’ve been pleasantly surprised at the response from his current and past players. 

Absolutely. He never lost his team and thats a credit to Gus and the staff as a whole. 

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yup.  These are still largely kids.  They see what Gus does inside and I appreciate that.  But he's ultimately paid based on on field performance.  Players may not like it, but this is a business.

You can love and protect your players and not be a good on-field coach. There is no doubt in my mind that Gus loved his players deeply. That's not why he is being replaced.

18 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Gus is a good man, and is going to be fine after this.

I know I've mentioned why Cristobal isn't my #1 because of losing games he shouldn't but another issue for me would be his pick for OC. His current OC at Oregon this year is Joe Moorehead. Do not want that guy at Auburn, period. 

Moorehead bungled the QB position at Miss St in 2019 and his best QB last year wasn't available for their bowl game because of a fight in practice the week of the game.

1 hour ago, WinstonMcFlurry said:

I just cant fathom why anyone would want Freeze, the man would absolutely bottom out the program. Recruits will see through his Christian man BS all day long.  

Reminds me of the Petrino crowd. 

im gonna go ahead and say we should most likely have our new HC named sometime this week? i could see them possibly waiting till SEC Championship weekend this saturday  to possibly overshadow that game a bit

6 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

im gonna go ahead and say we should most likely have our new HC named sometime this week? i could see them possibly waiting till SEC Championship weekend this saturday  to possibly overshadow that game a bit

It’ll be tonight or tomorrow if at all possible for recruiting purposes 

Just now, chimes said:

It’ll be tonight or tomorrow if at all possible for recruiting purposes 

I think it will be tomorrow some time. No sources just an educated guess. Give the players and the coaches the day to soak it all in. Make the announcement tomorrow and get as many feelers out as possible to the recruits.

Having Steele as interim and keeping his staff in place should help with recruiting.  Any HC we ultimately hire would do well to keep Steele, TWill and Rodney.  Defense was not as good this year as it has been but most of the pieces are in place to be successful in the future.  Part of what hurt them this year was the lack of offense.  

Archived