2022 3* DB Jarrell Stinson De-Commits From AU!

toddc

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

image.png

This seems overly harsh. Unfortunately, it seems overly true as well so….. I got nothing

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

This seems overly harsh. Unfortunately, it seems overly true as well so….. I got nothing

Have you seen the movie? I'm kinda assuming you have but maybe not.

I used the same one on Golf one time.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Have you seen the movie? I'm kinda assuming you have but maybe not.

I used the same one on Golf one time.

What’s the movie? The line still seems fairly appropriate regardless

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, fredst said:

What’s the movie? The line still seems fairly appropriate regardless

Waiting for Guffman. Christopher Guest at his best.

• Like 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

Waiting for Guffman. Christopher Guest at his best.

One of the one’s I haven’t seen😔 “ This is Spinal Tap” and “Best In Show” are classics though. And, of course, “Princess Bride”….

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, fredst said:

One of the one’s I haven’t seen😔 “ This is Spinal Tap” and “Best In Show” are classics though. And, of course, “Princess Bride”….

If you like those others, definitely check it out. And if you get hungry, eat somethin'. 

Something that I see being missed GREATLY on this board:  What this Staff has done via the Transfer Portal. 

With the exception of the WR from UGA and the DT from UAB, everyone that this staff has brought in has multiple years of eligibility left.  At LEAST three years. Do you guys get how huge that is?  He has quality experience coming in to fill holes that were desperately needed. Quality experience and talent. 

And they are NOT yet done in the Portal.

Now the coaching staff can be selective in whom they take with the spots they have left over. I honestly cannot understand how we conveniently forget about that.  When I take a real, honest look at this, i get a good feeling.

Just my two cents...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have the same feeling about Harsin that I had when Dye was hired. I think Harsin is cut  from the same cloth as Dye. Dye’s first year at AU was a losing season, but AU fans saw massive improvement and felt excited about the future.  I don’t expect AU to have a losing season in Harsin’s first year at AU, but if that happens and we see the same improvement as we saw with Dye, I would bet that the overwhelming majority of AU fans will be excited about the future.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 1716AU said:

Something that I see being missed GREATLY on this board:  What this Staff has done via the Transfer Portal. 

With the exception of the WR from UGA and the DT from UAB, everyone that this staff has brought in has multiple years of eligibility left.  At LEAST three years. Do you guys get how huge that is?  He has quality experience coming in to fill holes that were desperately needed. Quality experience and talent. 

Now the coaching staff can be selective in whom they take with the spots they have left over. I honestly cannot understand how we conveniently forget about that.  When I take a real, honest look at this, i get a good feeling.

Just my two cents...

I stated in a previous post that recruiting rankings have to evolve to take the transfer Portal into consideration.  Until the services evolve and can take transfer portal as part of rankings they will not reflect how well or how bad a team has done. The Alabama's are getting 4* and 5* HS talent so won't rely that much on Transfer portal as they usually don't need it but other schools need it and if done right will help their team on the field.  Ranking with Transfer Portal also should consider multiple factors how good player was in college and also how many years of eligibility, whether player projects as instant starter or backup depth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 1716AU said:

Just my two cents...

Subtract what we lost in the portal and it's not much better than a wash. It's normal to lose players in a coaching change, so we're lucky the portal was there to pick some up to fill the gaps.

My concern about the portal is we lost some linemen on both sides of the ball and didn't pick up enough to balance out. We did get a lot of DB's, which I wouldn't have called a critical need but the coaches should know what they need.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Stinson has a new top five. Florida, Florida State, UCF, Penn State and Ole Miss.

He's going to be visiting Penn State on September 18th. 

7 hours ago, AUlurker said:

I guess the staff cooled on him

Possibly. Once these other offers started coming in he may have decided to go somewhere away from home. That's not unusual.

9 hours ago, AUlurker said:

I guess the staff cooled on him

They weren't ever warm on him. He was committed before they came in. If you look at the first page of this thread, JBoy predicted in February that this commitment wouldn't stick. 

• Like 1