A. Greene....

TigerPAC

8 hours ago, Weagle Beagle said:

After he was hired, he spoke at a LOT of university events. Now. not so much...let alone about athletics.

What does that tell you? I know what it tells me..

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/20/2020 at 4:34 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

what is a "school like Auburn" 

Jordan Belfort couldn't convince these geriatric morons to do something they don't want to. What do YOU think Allen Greene should be doing

What do you think our AD should be doing? You know, the outstanding, charismatic guy, that can’t even convince a coach to come and interview?.... What should he be doing?

56 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

What do you think our AD should be doing? You know, the outstanding, charismatic guy, that can’t even convince a coach to come and interview?.... What should he be doing?

Unlike some of the posters I communicate with, the “potential candidates” might be able to read whats going on and realize that they’re going to be a literal puppet every second they’re employed here. 

Just a TAD hard to get a guy to consider coming in those conditions. A job with several times the funds we got couldn’t get one Urban to interview in comparable situations. 

On 12/18/2020 at 9:10 PM, TigerCatcher said:

I gotta' hand it to you guys, still banging away in here as though you matter.  Good luck with it.

Hey, quit lumping us all into one pile. If they screw this hire up, I’ll quit watching them play on the television...that’ll show ‘em!

On 12/19/2020 at 10:25 PM, AlaskanFAN said:

My point is an AD is supposed to hire and fire coaches as part of job description. Do we have a committee when we need to hire a coach for any other sports at Auburn or are we relying on the AD to do his job. So when we go back to the original comment of “Gouge appointed Greene to lead the process”  and I said if that were true then there would be no committee.  Why is it Gouge has the appoint Greene to do his job? Because there is now a committee? Why does an AD need a committee, we trust he does all other jobs, hiring and firings on his own but now don’t trust him to do football. That’s a bunch of BS. Is my point.  And if you think Greene is making this decision I got some oceanfront property in Arizona I will sell to you, on the friend discount. 

Well.......

allen-greene.jpg

42 minutes ago, BizTiger said:

Well.......

allen-greene.jpg

👏👏👏👏 Well done sir. Our previous AD would have given in to the demands of the PTB quickly. We would have either settled for CKS or overpaid an up and coming project.

5 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

👏👏👏👏 Well done sir. Our previous AD would have given in to the demands of the PTB quickly. We would have either settled for CKS or overpaid an up and coming project.

I always felt like and sensed that Gogue was pro-AG when he forms the committee after the Steele stuff leaked. 

Now this:

On 12/21/2020 at 7:58 PM, TigerFanAU said:

Greene is protecting us from Rand and Harbert. Greene is a sports guy and knows his stuff. 

I didn't do anything?!!!!

I'm fully behind AG. 😆

AD Greene has obviously been swimming upstream and doing his job. Most excellent! New coach..a break in the at times toxic culture...free reign to hire and fire...

Well done, Mr Greene!

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

As much support as #stopsteele got, support for ADAG needs to be shown just as equally if not more

Agreed 

If, big if, what Cole Cueblic says is true, Prez needs to sign Greene up for long term AD! All I would like Greene to do is become more of feature of the A-Dept. Not like jughead Jacobs, just be more public. If he really did make a chicken salad out of chickens*** like I have heard, then he needs to stay around

i started this thread out of frustration, mainly because of all the previous issues with PTB, and was concerned AG was just another puppet.  thank God, he was able to do his job.  it seems there was alot of mudslinging and i doubt we aublings will ever know if any of the heresay was factual, but i don't care now.  we have a coach, apparently vetted the proper way, and i will support new coach and AG.

WDE

48 minutes ago, chizhead said:

If, big if, what Cole Cueblic says is true, Prez needs to sign Greene up for long term AD! All I would like Greene to do is become more of feature of the A-Dept. Not like jughead Jacobs, just be more public. If he really did make a chicken salad out of chickens*** like I have heard, then he needs to stay around

I agree that Greene needs a raise and a new contract. I disagree that he needs to be more public. Being public and making public comments can undermine what the coaches and staff are trying to accomplish. Even if it's intended in a positive way, comments always get taken out of context and spun the wrong way. 

So I love the way he stays out of the limelight and does his job. Well done Mr. Greene, much respect.

gabo

I am proud of our AD. Glad he went outside of the rerun SEC folks to make this hire. I am ready for all new blood.  I hope he crushes hiring coaches that can both recruit at a high SEC level, and coach the players up too. I'm excited.

1 hour ago, gabo4au said:

Being public and making public comments can undermine what the coaches and staff are trying to accomplish.

No, I mean do interviews before televised BB and FB games and give details on how the building of facilities is going, or how fund raising,tv contracts, etc are going. Not intimate details. Greene is a charismatic guy and he can do a great job of selling AU. I THINK that he just did something that I have never seen in my 60 years of being an AU fan. I THINK that we have a real,actual Athletic Director and he should start being the voice of all AU athletics. Very much impressed

On 12/21/2020 at 2:48 PM, AU-24 said:

He should continue what he’s doing, because he made a great hire for head football coach.  I don’t believe all the misinformation some insiders leaked to reporters.  There’s probably some truth mixed in there somewhere but only the search committee, President Gogue and maybe a few others really know what’s gone down the last 9 days.

Archived