5 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

It’s “touchdown hire “ Pollack!

I LOVE this hire.

Great man.

Great coach.

Great Recruiter.

War Eagle!

9 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Lots of sunshine pumpers here.  Everyone thinks everything (besides Bo Nix) is amazing.  Seeing everything as not amazing is eeyore.  lol

Seems a lot of the new offenses has passed Mason by.  He was great at stopping the Chip Kelly spreads.  Hopefully not being a HC will give him some time to dive into what offenses are doing now.

New to the forum, huh?

@bigbirdkinda a big ask, but do you have enough knowledge of Mason defenses and if so do you have the time to start a thread breaking down how our defensive roster fits into his system?   

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

He's a damn kid compared to me

Damn whippersnappers!!! 😂

You're the most tech savvy folks I know. And that is with you typing with one hand and the PBR in the other!

13 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

What’s the point of nitpicking this? 
You can also be a number...but be young and spry for that number. He’s a different 50 than say Bret Bielema 

You never saw Bielema at an all you could eat buffet. I’ll bet he was very energetic there

On a scale of 1 to 10, it's hard for me to say that this hire isn't pushing towards a 10. Mason hasn't been a DC in a few years but I'm optimistic that he hasn't forgotten how. And I'm pretty darn sure he'll be a hit on the recruiting trail as well.

War Eagle!

This was a great birthday present to wake up to after a night shift last night. WDE

13 hours ago, auburnphan said:

@bigbirdkinda a big ask, but do you have enough knowledge of Mason defenses and if so do you have the time to start a thread breaking down how our defensive roster fits into his system?   

Knowledge, yes. Time, no. Sorry

8 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, it's hard for me to say that this hire isn't pushing towards a 10. Mason hasn't been a DC in a few years but I'm optimistic that he hasn't forgotten how. And I'm pretty darn sure he'll be a hit on the recruiting trail as well.

War Eagle!

He was HC and DC at Vandy

Continues our tradition of having one of the finest DEFENSIVE minds in the country at Auburn. Chizik, Tubbrville and Dye were all proven D minds of their day before becoming head coaches.

I know I'm getting here towards the end, but regardless of Vandy's talent, his kids seemed to play hard for him...I know when we played them several years ago it was a struggle; in fact we were fortunate with a late call that went our way...I am assuming he'll bring the same energy which should reflect in the D's play...when they had an offense, Vandy wasn't a pushover....the only thing I'd be worry is, will he be looking to get another head coaching position, or stay at Auburn for some time??? Muschamp was gone after one year...

On 1/7/2021 at 9:33 AM, W.E.D said:

He's 51.

How old are ya if you consider that young, lol

Unbelievable. He does not look 51. I figured he was like 40. Haha. That’s crazy! 

Archived