2021 FCS QB Jason Brown (South Carolina 1/26)

toddc

7 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

@LKEEL75 nope. As it’s been posted in other threads the immediate transfer rule has been put on hold for this year.

7 hours ago, keesler said:

Well, now the season is officially over the NCAA needs make a final decision with this measure.  I hate to think a lot of our players entered the portal thinking this things was already finalized. 

@keesler unlikely to happen this year. The NCAA does not feel they have rules set in place to handle the mass exodus of transfers they’re expecting to happen when transfers are eligible to play immediately.

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

FCS QB is an all-caps "REALLY" nice pickup? Lol okay. He'll be some nice depth. I still prefer Dee over this guy. 

@Zeek it’s not an either or situation. We need somebody more seasoned than Dee to push Bo out of his complacency.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@Zeek it’s not an either or situation. We need somebody more season then Dee to push Bo out of his complacency.

I get the reasoning just not sure it'll matter long term; thought that was the point of Loy coming. Also don't believe Bo's complacent but that's a conversation beat to death so much it would make a dead horse blush.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I get the reasoning just not sure it'll matter long term; thought that was the point of Loy coming. Also don't believe Bo's complacent but that's a conversation beat to death so much it would make a dead horse blush.

@Zeek Per many people close to the program Bo has definitely been complacent. That’s why he hasn’t taken to the coaching he has been given.  And Loy wasn’t brought in to push Bo. He was brought in purely for depth in case bow got hurt. Big difference between a MAC quarterback that was OK where he was & an FCS quarterback that was probably the best in FCS. Kids who have excelled in FCS that have transferred to major schools have done well in recent years.

• ellitor changed the title to AU has interest in 2021 FCS All American QB Jason Brown
3 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Looks like Brown will land at USCe. He wants to play with his teammate from St Francis and AU doesn’t seem interested in his teammate. Apparently USCe is gonna offer both of them. Bummer... I really liked his film. 

Where did you get that info from 

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

you could look at 3 minutes of Grant Loy and see how that was going to work out 

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

you could look at 3 minutes of Grant Loy and see how that was going to work out 

Right comparing Loy to this guy is a joke! 

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Zeek Per many people close to the program Bo has definitely been complacent. That’s why he hasn’t taken to the coaching he has been given.  And Loy wasn’t brought in to push Bo. He was brought in purely for depth in case bow got hurt. Big difference between a MAC quarterback that was OK where he was & an FCS quarterback that was probably the best in FCS. Kids who have excelled in FCS that have transferred to major schools have done well in recent years.

Bo complacent during the year with coaching from Morris and Gus? Or complacent after Gus was fired and more with the current HC?

Why would he be complacent, if he wants to improve and have a shot at the NFL? Is it possible he was down bc his development as a QB didn't show on the field with the offense Morris was running?

Ok so basically I heard that AU was interested in Jason Brown but hasn’t officially offered. USCe might have offered both him and his teammate last night and it seemed to be a done deal but now I’m not so sure. Conflicting info. 

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Bo complacent during the year with coaching from Morris and Gus?

@steeleagle during the year. Coach Myers tried working with him most of the year on his foot work and it didn’t sink in. He really needed someone that could push him as another QB option to get better.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Why would he be complacent, if he wants to improve and have a shot at the NFL?

I guess because he didn’t have competition to push him.

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Is it possible he was down bc his development as a QB didn't show on the field with the offense Morris was running?

I think he had more frustrations with other players on offense, particularly the O line, than the style of offense they were running. Also the offense still had a heavy dose of Gus. The passing tree was still grossly elementary.

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Ok so basically I heard that AU was interested in Jason Brown but hasn’t officially offered. USCe might have offered both him and his teammate last night and it seemed to be a done deal but now I’m not so sure. Conflicting info. 

@AuburnTiger4Life all the interviews have been providing lately has been greatly appreciated. Can you please post where you summing stuff from though in your posts? TIA

• 2 weeks later...

We really need an experienced QB to come in and push Bo this offseason. But its also going to be extremely hard to find the right guy for this role. Recruiting a guy that can play while returning a 2 year starter is a tough ask. Coaching staff is going to have to do some digging to find the right fit. Maybe someone who has the talent but has not quite put it all together yet? Or maybe a guy who has specifically be interested in playing for Bobo or Harsin?

13 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

With Bo, Dee and now Gunner likely coming I don’t think AU ever offered. 

He made the right choice. He has a better chance to play there

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 FCS QB Jason Brown (South Carolina 1/26)

Archived