2021 Schedule

Win4AU

1 minute ago, ScotsAU said:

Glad that the front half of the season looks very manageable. The last few weeks are brutal though, especially the iron bowl after a road game.

How are the last few weeks brutal ? Miss state and USCe should be beatable. Bama is Bama. The aggies are a competitive game as always 

How come Alabama never gets the toughest schedule every year. They don't mind sticking Auburn with the toughest schedule every time.

Auburn's full 2021 schedule unveiled

47 minutes ago

After the 2020 SEC schedule was revamped and rearranged on the fly, the conference's 14 football teams will hope to stick with the schedules announced on Wednesday afternoon.

Auburn officially learned who, where and when it will play its 2021 opponents during a schedule reveal show on SEC Network. 

Here's a look at what first-year coach Bryan Harsin's program will be up against this fall.

AUBURN'S 2021 SCHEDULE

Sept. 4 vs. Akron

Sept. 11 vs. Alabama State

Sept. 18 at Penn State

Sept. 25 vs. Georgia State

Oct. 2 at LSU

Oct. 9 vs. Georgia

Oct. 16 at Arkansas

Oct. 23 BYE

Oct. 30 vs. Ole Miss

Nov. 6 at Texas A&M

Nov. 13 vs. Miss State

Nov. 20 at South Carolina

Nov. 27 vs. Alabama

Last August, the conference retooled schedules for each of its programs into 10-game, SEC-only slates. Auburn had already been scheduled to play Kentucky as its rotating, cross-division opponent, and Georgia as its permanent foe from the SEC East. The Tigers also added Tennessee and South Carolina at home and on the road, respectively.

Auburn finished the 2020 season at 6-4 and fired coach Gus Malzahn after eight seasons.

Sign up for the Auburn Undercover Newsletter and get Auburn breaking news in your inbox

Obviously, the current plan is for SEC teams to have their standard four games of nonconference play this coming fall. Auburn is set to play home games against Akron (Sept. 4), Alabama State (Sept. 11) and Georgia State (Sept. 25), and a high-profile road contest at Penn State (Sept. 18).

Here are some quick notes about Auburn's full schedule release.

• Auburn hasn't opened a season with four straight nonconference games since 1922.

• The Tigers and Nittany Lions have met only twice before (1-1), and never in the regular season. Penn State will pay a return visit to the Plains in 2022.

• A win in either of Auburn's first two SEC contests would be huge. The Tigers haven't won at LSU since 1999, and they've lost 13 of their last 16 against Georgia overall.

35COMMENTS

• But if Harsin can't pull off either of those, Auburn hasn't lost to its third SEC opponent of the season, Arkansas, since 2015.

• Even though it played South Carolina this past fall, Auburn will head to Columbia again in its penultimate game of the 2021 season. Auburn hasn't faced a team in the same location in back-to-back seasons since it played Georgia in Jordan-Hare Stadium in both 2012 and 2013.

I like this. LSU and GA early. Miss St and SCar before Bama!! Yes sir. Won't be so beat up when we play them!

I think this schedule sets up nice. We have a good chance to be 5-0 going into UGA game. If we were to pull that one out....we could have a chance to win 10 games. Now, before you all start bashing me about wearing O and B glasses, I do not expect that to happen. I think we end 9-3 with losses to bama, uga, and Tamu. If we could squeeze out one of those without slipping up elsewhere...it would be a huge year for a new head coach and should definitely boost recruiting. Even if we go 7-5 or 6-6 , as long as we look competently coached and improve as the year goes on I will not complain. 

28 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

How come Alabama never gets the toughest schedule every year. They don't mind sticking Auburn with the toughest schedule every time.

They don't have to play themselves. 

25 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think this schedule sets up nice. We have a good chance to be 5-0 going into UGA game. If we were to pull that one out....we could have a chance to win 10 games. Now, before you all start bashing me about wearing O and B glasses, I do not expect that to happen. I think we end 9-3 with losses to bama, uga, and Tamu. If we could squeeze out one of those without slipping up elsewhere...it would be a huge year for a new head coach and should definitely boost recruiting. Even if we go 7-5 or 6-6 , as long as we look competently coached and improve as the year goes on I will not complain. 

Site unseen,  I'm putting next years team with an 8-4 ceiling. Penn St is a HUGE question mark game on the road. I'll never pencil in an LSU road game as a dub until they prove me wrong. UGA is stacked as is Bammer. TA&M will be a toss up. Now if we start out 4-0, that is some outstanding momentum moving into conference play. Ready for the Spring to get going so we can see a clearer picture of what we have in our team.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

How are the last few weeks brutal ? Miss state and USCe should be beatable. Bama is Bama. The aggies are a competitive game as always 

Five back to back SEC games, two of which are on the road and the last of which is Bama. Usually we’ve finished the season with 2 of the last 4 weeks being an FCS game and an open week. 

Could be worse, but that final stretch is still difficult. Happy it is at the end of the season.

58 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Most preseason rankings have Penn State in the top 20-25 or close to it. I think it’s winnable but won’t be easy, especially with a full crowd. I think us getting basically two jamborees prior to that is an advantage though. 

39 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Site unseen,  I'm putting next years team with an 8-4 ceiling. Penn St is a HUGE question mark game on the road. I'll never pencil in an LSU road game as a dub until they prove me wrong. UGA is stacked as is Bammer. TA&M will be a toss up. Now if we start out 4-0, that is some outstanding momentum moving into conference play. Ready for the Spring to get going so we can see a clearer picture of what we have in our team.

Based on CURRENT roster....barring any unforseen changes....and under the assumption that we get a decent TX RB, I think a little more of this team. I think 8-4 is likely, 5-7 floor, and 10-2 would be an epic win but realistic ceiling probably 9-3. Lot of variables. Nothing short of a total collapse would surprise me honestly lol.

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

They don't have to play themselves. 

But when they lose which is rare, it's because they beat themselves. 🙃

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Al.com article title reads “breaking down Alabama’s challenging 2021 Schedule”. Really...?

3 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

I like this. LSU and GA early. Miss St and SCar before Bama!! Yes sir. Won't be so beat up when we play them!

Yeah I liked UGA early last year to no avail against a walk on. I hope the attitude is night and day this year. 

Archived