new coach is falling behind (merged threads)

autiger88

1 minute ago, metafour said:

He probably thought his buyout made him untouchable in the light of COVID losses. He was wrong.

sure. that is very possible. i kinda think they told him he would be ok necause of covid and something happened

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bigbird said:

Take away the incentives to be great and you're left with the trash we saw the last 3 years

Exactly. He quite obviously got way too comfortable and lost sight of the expectations and where he was coaching. All further proof that he needed to be replaced. 

16 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Not sure you can take that “to the bank”. He has every reason to make AU look bad.

so you think this guy just wrote something about auburn just to look bad? auburn fans seem to have a long list of reporters or organizations including espn. i bet if you listed the most prominent news sites some auburn fans would probably hate all of them. good grief i have seen opelika's paper saw way worst and they are pretty much auburn fans. i just think we see boogie men where there are none sometimes.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Take away the incentives to be great and you're left with the trash we saw the last 3 years.

Cue the, "but we beat bama!" crowd.

that is a hard truth to swallow and most folks do not like own up to the possibility of being wrong. it is the basically the same thing that many auburn fans said they would support gus as long as he was the head coach and not being happy with his coaching record at the same time.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

so you think this guy just wrote something about auburn just to look bad? auburn fans seem to have a long list of reporters or organizations including espn. i bet if you listed the most prominent news sites some auburn fans would probably hate all of them. good grief i have seen opelika's paper saw way worst and they are pretty much auburn fans. i just think we see boogie men where there are none sometimes.

Yes, this article is a hit piece without question, if it is not, then justified it, make me think other wise.

2 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

Yes, this article is a hit piece without question, if it is not, then justified it, make me think other wise.

The REC propaganda machine is certainly a very real thing.

1 minute ago, eaglenest said:

if it is a hit piece it is on gus in my humble opinion. are you saying folks cannnot be critical of auburn unless it is a hit piece? where did the man lie?

tough crowd and i am not feeling good it is time to go back to bed i guess. i will address any comments aimed at me later.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

if it is a hit piece it is on gus in my humble opinion. are you saying folks cannnot be critical of auburn unless it is a hit piece? where did the man lie?

The article was about Harsin not the clown, to write something like he did was intentional, who write something like that of a first year coach who has not had an official first practice yet?? let alone a season. There is some fear I feel, because, auburn has telegraph how it conduct it business and this hire was outside of it's norms, it was different, it has the feel of how a vast majority of power five school operates, like forward thinking, a plan?!?! let's move on now. Next, Allen Green who put out this Green to ucf??? this is trying to cause a stir, somebody see something and they don't like what they are seeing and it has nothing to do with the play on the field it the mind set that is at stake here, it is something different not the Auburn norms, I smell fear, think about this when Auburn hired Chiz, did you see an article like that? they were not concern, all though we won a championship "but" still 5-19 vs a winner in Harsin as a head coach. This was not a typical JABA move, time will tell, I will be patience but I Believe Harsin will have us competing for championships in due time.

The article isn't worth the time it took for the clown to write it. @aubiefifty, no issues with you feeling it should be shared but it's the writer's opinion that he should yank the rug out from under any momentum Auburn should gather. Whoever is behind the article besides the author, if anyone else is, is just hearing footsteps behind them because AG sent a message when he hired CBH. Auburn is coming after them and everyone better take their best shots now. That's what this lame article was, nothing more, nothing less, just a shot in the dark that misses because the real target is no longer there. 

10 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

The article was about Harsin not the clown, to write something like he did was intentional, who write something like that of a first year coach who has not had an official first practice yet?? let alone a season. There is some fear I feel, because, auburn has telegraph how it conduct it business and this hire was outside of it's norms, it was different, it has the feel of how a vast majority of power five school operates, like forward thinking, a plan?!?! let's move on now. Next, Allen Green who put out this Green to ucf??? this is trying to cause a stir, somebody see something and they don't like what they are seeing and it has nothing to do with the play on the field it the mind set that is at stake here, it is something different not the Auburn norms, I smell fear, think about this when Auburn hired Chiz, did you see an article like that? they were not concern, all though we won a championship "but" still 5-19 vs a winner in Harsin as a head coach. This was not a typical JABA move, time will tell, I will be patience but I Believe Harsin will have us competing for championships in due time.

I think we're on the same page. 

59 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

IMO Chiz is not an “ unbiased source” of AU info. 

16 hours ago, AUwent said:

I'm guessing 6-6 this year and then around 8-4 next.

We were 6-4 last year vs. an all-SEC schedule.  You really think this year's team will be that much worse than last year's?

18 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

IMO Chiz is not an “ unbiased source” of AU info. 

why do you think that? has chiz given you the impression he is a liar or something? not fighting just curious. are you saying because he replaced chiz? i have never seen chiz poor mouth gus. but it could be something i missed.

36 minutes ago, gr82be said:

The article isn't worth the time it took for the clown to write it. @aubiefifty, no issues with you feeling it should be shared but it's the writer's opinion that he should yank the rug out from under any momentum Auburn should gather. Whoever is behind the article besides the author, if anyone else is, is just hearing footsteps behind them because AG sent a message when he hired CBH. Auburn is coming after them and everyone better take their best shots now. That's what this lame article was, nothing more, nothing less, just a shot in the dark that misses because the real target is no longer there. 

tell me where i can get auburn news every day without paying? even the online paper sites only give you two or three free articles per month and i have used that up in a day. and right now the trend is badmouthing everyone. just like some people turn outlaws into heroes. i have seen articles on al.com giving bama hell before and i read it and enjoyed it. i just do not get the boogie man as i think it is probably one big troll. someone please feel free to prove me wrong. people come off as ungrateful. they hate al.com but i have seen articles from them i post get several hundred views? i am not fussing i just do not see it. and if one person says they have never posted anything nice about auburn they are lying. but others are posting articles now so maybe it is time for me to retire but then we become less informed and i grow weary of these conversations.

What a joke of a writer and an utterly stupid piece.

Harsin has been here for what? Two months. And this wasn’t the greatest recruiting cycle, but COVID and a coaching change probably accounted for a lot of that. 

I don’t pretend to know how successful Harsin is going to be. But to laugh him off two months into his tenure is... well... laughable. 

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

why do you think that? has chiz given you the impression he is a liar or something? not fighting just curious. are you saying because he replaced chiz? i have never seen chiz poor mouth gus. but it could be something i missed.

I don’t know enough to say whether he is a liar or not, I just know AU fired him due to the terrible state of the program so I don’t believe he would not be biased against AU.

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

tell me where i can get auburn news every day without paying? even the online paper sites only give you two or three free articles per month and i have used that up in a day. and right now the trend is badmouthing everyone. just like some people turn outlaws into heroes. i have seen articles on al.com giving bama hell before and i read it and enjoyed it. i just do not get the boogie man as i think it is probably one big troll. someone please feel free to prove me wrong. people come off as ungrateful. they hate al.com but i have seen articles from them i post get several hundred views? i am not fussing i just do not see it. and if one person says they have never posted anything nice about auburn they are lying. but others are posting articles now so maybe it is time for me to retire but then we become less informed and i grow weary of these conversations.

I look at their articles almost daily and probably don't click on half of them about Auburn. I personally miss the heck out of Kevin Scarbinsky. I may not have liked what I read but it wasn't written as a hit piece, it was just the truth and sometimes the truth hurts. I just don't have that trust in anyone else that I've read. You know me enough to know that I'm fine with the fact that you post AL.com articles. 

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

just for the record chiz said gus was shocked he was fired.

Yeah... I know.  This is only conjecture on my part.  But that was a very strange news conference after the LSU blow out.  Despite the win, Gus seemed angry at the world.  And that strange dance (final dance?) thing he did with the team at the end of the year.  Plus some of the players (like Seth) seemed to be having attitude issues the second half of the season.  It would also explain the poor recruiting effort put forth this year.  My guess was he was informed he would be canned the week prior to the LSU game.  But unless Gus specifically states this is what happened....we will never know.

Besides...Gus may have "Shocked" to be fired.  But the "Shocking" news arrived mid way through the season.

14 minutes ago, countoff said:

Yeah... I know.  This is only conjecture on my part.  But that was a very strange news conference after the LSU blow out.  Despite the win, Gus seemed angry at the world.  And that strange dance (final dance?) thing he did with the team at the end of the year.  Plus some of the players (like Seth) seemed to be having attitude issues the second half of the season.  It would also explain the poor recruiting effort put forth this year.  My guess was he was informed he would be canned the week prior to the LSU game.  But unless Gus specifically states this is what happened....we will never know.

Besides...Gus may have "Shocked" to be fired.  But the "Shocking" news arrived mid way through the season.

ok miss cleo.....lol. actually i agree that could have happened. i just love to crack a joke when i can. not many are funny but i try. ya reckon gus was practicing his dancing to see if he might move up to pole dancing since he is out of a job? grins......man i love a warped mind.

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I look at their articles almost daily and probably don't click on half of them about Auburn. I personally miss the heck out of Kevin Scarbinsky. I may not have liked what I read but it wasn't written as a hit piece, it was just the truth and sometimes the truth hurts. I just don't have that trust in anyone else that I've read. You know me enough to know that I'm fine with the fact that you post AL.com articles. 

they have a girl that does most but not all of the auburn stuff and she seems fair so far. and i miss kevin as well.

49 minutes ago, countoff said:

Things definitely started going downhill towards the second half of the season.  It showed with xCGM in his pressers, with the players laughing and playing around on the sidelines while Auburn was getting their asses kicked, it showed with players attitudes when they should've been acting like leaders on the sidelines.

Then when Gus made the "solid year" statement in a presser and was made to come back later and retract it, I knew he was a goner. 

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Take away the incentives to be great and you're left with the trash we saw the last 3 years.

Cue the, "but we beat bama!" crowd.

But We Beat Bama!!! 😁😋

While I hope things get better, the writer makes some valid points. AU fans getting excited over 3 star recruits and stealing recruits from South Alabama. If Gus dropped down low in the top 10 in recruiting, he was crucified. It seems like most of the coaches we added are not up to the level of the coaches that we let go. We seem to be slowly building a mid major program.  Hope things get better post covid, but, so far the most exciting "signees" are the players that decided, at the last minute, to come back and the guys Gus had committed. I had really hoped we would jump in and grab some headliners, but so far, mostly yawners. 

Archived