Men vs Florida

Maverick.AU

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

Not sure it's quite equal. I've been around since 2010 but if there's a chance we can get rid of him, then that's fine. :P Less than 25 wins next year barring injuries and I leave, more than 24 wins and he leaves. I'm doing everyone a service, here! lol

You're on and I'll say again, it's been nice seeing your posts.  I think you're a delusional fanboy and this team isn't sniffing 25 wins.  If Cooper and Powell aren't on this roster, they'll be lucky to make the NIT.

And I don't want to hear anything about injuries, or that guy transferred or what have you.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, REALTORTiger said:

You're on and I'll say again, it's been nice seeing your posts.  I think you're a delusional fanboy and this team isn't sniffing 25 wins.  If Cooper and Powell aren't on this roster, they'll be lucky to make the NIT.

And I don't want to hear anything about injuries, or that guy transferred or what have you.

Definitely not a fanboy. I've been around this site since 2010 and am not afraid to point out the negatives as well as the positives. You, on the other hand, can't do anything but post negatively. I've never seen a positive word from you. All you do is spout your BS and think it's true. Maybe in your own disillusioned world it is. I still think you would be better served just going to the turds forum and spending your time their, since you like to talk so much s*** about Auburn.

I literally said in my first post barring injuries, though.  Next year's team with everyone healthy (which is what this whole thing is going off of) with Alexander and Jabari coming in and either Coop or Scoot running the point will get 25 wins. However if someone beneficial gets hurt then that obviously changes everything about the team that I'm predicting will win 25.

On 2/24/2021 at 12:17 AM, tigeraddikt said:

I agree with much of your criticism. Bruce has done a relatively poor job this year. He either hasn't coaches defense or hasn't held them accountable. Flanagan is playing at a Barbee-era level this year. Yes we miss Powell and having a lack of a backup PG has been damaging, but there is noreal excuse for this regression and horrific play.

Lmfao so this is who you decided to hitch your ride too?

I can't believe multiple people are arguing with this clown. That's why he keeps posting, he think there's a bunch of people that carecare. You can tell by the way he exaggerates he doesn't even believe some of the stuff he says. He wants a reaction

4 hours ago, REALTORTiger said:

Engaging. Uplifting. Positive. Putting those Sales and Public Relations degrees to excellent use. But seriously. You've missed your calling. You express such a high level of wit and rare insight into the game, you should be in basketball administration somewhere. Pronto.

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

I can't believe multiple people are arguing with this clown. That's why he keeps posting, he think there's a bunch of people that carecare. You can tell by the way he exaggerates he doesn't even believe some of the stuff he says. He wants a reaction

Yeah, I went against my initial instincts to just ignore him and responded. Should be smarter.

15 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Not sure it's quite equal. I've been around since 2010 but if there's a chance we can get rid of him, then that's fine. :P Less than 25 wins next year barring injuries and I leave, more than 24 wins and he leaves. I'm doing everyone a service, here! lol

@tgrogan21thanks! Fixed my OP.

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

Yeah, I went against my initial instincts to just ignore him and responded. Should be smarter.

I definitely can't judge because I respond to damn near everything (I've actually gotten better lately) but this guy isn't really a good troll. A good troll will have an agenda but hide it a bit, will have a couple of facts maybe......this guy literally exaggerates over the top in order for someone to react. If you notice in all the reactions from people he hasn't made one post that backs up his statement or show why someone else's is wrong. It's just all you guys said everybody on the team was going to the HOF. And that's not even an exaggeration that's just a lie. Nobody said even one person was HOF. Just not a good troll.

There's literally no substance. Sometimes you have to be a little arrogant. I love talking basketball, I love going out on a limb and predicting stuff and explaining stuff but it has to be somebody that offering something. But I'm too good to argue with an everybody sucks and the entire team is trash type of troll

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I definitely can't judge because I respond to damn near everything (I've actually gotten better lately) but this guy isn't really a good troll. A good troll will have an agenda but hide it a bit, will have a couple of facts maybe......this guy literally exaggerates over the top in order for someone to react. If you notice in all the reactions from people he hasn't made one post that backs up his statement or show why someone else's is wrong. It's just all you guys said everybody on the team was going to the HOF. And that's not even an exaggeration that's just a lie. Nobody said even one person was HOF. Just not a good troll.

There's literally no substance. Sometimes you have to be a little arrogant. I love talking basketball, I love going out on a limb and predicting stuff and explaining stuff but it has to be somebody that offering something. But I'm too good to argue with an everybody sucks and the entire team is trash type of troll

You are right and I should have known better but I have to admit he pissed me off and I am usually calm.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Substance:

Cooper:  Couldn't hit water falling out of a boat.  Tries to do too much. Great passer of the ball, one of the best to ever play at Auburn from a pure passing POV.

Flanigan:  A somewhat solid SEC basketball player who probably would have been better suited to go to Arkansas-Little Rock or somewhere like that.  Not a championship level player.

Jaylin Williams:  Average to below average SEC talent.  Does nothing terribly, does nothing very well although at times can get hot from 3.  Shorter than billed.

Cardwell:  A big dorky kid who tries hard but isn't very talented.  Not SEC level material now, or probably ever other than a role player-lite.

Thor:  Has some talent but his frame is likely never going to take the amount of bulk and development that he would need to take any more steps.  Will be an average to slightly above average SEC level player regardless of how long he stays.

Powell is the best player on the team, and even better than Cooper.

Moore:  Has some talent but much like Jaylin Williams, not really good at anything but also not terrible at anything either.  Just kind of 'there'.  IMO, overrated out of HS based on what we have seen "so far".  

Akingbola:  Would struggle to play at Troy or lower.  Non factor, never will be.

Franklin:  Athletic but a bull in a china shop and seems to have no idea what's going on.

Cambridge:  Decent SEC level talent overall, exceptional athletic ability.  Much better athlete than basketball player. 

Out on a limb:   Pearl's style of motivation is beginning to not 'work' on the modern player in a way that's going to require him to make changes.  IMO, he de facto allowed this group to 'give up' on this season because of COVID, the PS ban, and the injuries.  IMO, that decision will long term be a mistake.  He tends to put too many eggs in one basket and he is too loyal/believes in players TOO much and IMO would be better being a little more cutthroat given where the program is 'now'.

The above is far more accurate than many assessments I've seen on this board.

If Cooper and Powell aren't on this team next year, even with Jabari Smith they'll be lucky to win 17 or 18 games.

26 minutes ago, REALTORTiger said:

Substance:

Cooper:  Couldn't hit water falling out of a boat.  Tries to do too much. Great passer of the ball, one of the best to ever play at Auburn from a pure passing POV.

Flanigan:  A somewhat solid SEC basketball player who probably would have been better suited to go to Arkansas-Little Rock or somewhere like that.  Not a championship level player.

Jaylin Williams:  Average to below average SEC talent.  Does nothing terribly, does nothing very well although at times can get hot from 3.  Shorter than billed.

Cardwell:  A big dorky kid who tries hard but isn't very talented.  Not SEC level material now, or probably ever other than a role player-lite.

Thor:  Has some talent but his frame is likely never going to take the amount of bulk and development that he would need to take any more steps.  Will be an average to slightly above average SEC level player regardless of how long he stays.

Moore:  Has some talent but much like Jaylin Williams, not really good at anything but also not terrible at anything either.  Just kind of 'there'.  IMO, overrated out of HS based on what we have seen "so far".  

Akingbola:  Would struggle to play at Troy or lower.  Non factor, never will be.

Franklin:  Athletic but a bull in a china shop and seems to have no idea what's going on.

Cambridge:  Decent SEC level talent overall, exceptional athletic ability.  Much better athlete than basketball player. 

Out on a limb:   Pearl's style of motivation is beginning to not 'work' on the modern player in a way that's going to require him to make changes.  IMO, he de facto allowed this group to 'give up' on this season because of COVID, the PS ban, and the injuries.  IMO, that decision will long term be a mistake.  He tends to put too many eggs in one basket and he is too loyal/believes in players TOO much and IMO would be better being a little more cutthroat given where the program is 'now'.

If Cooper and Powell aren't on this team next year, even with Jabari Smith they'll be lucky to win 17 or 18 games.

Of all the comments you made, and most are at most 'hit and miss' evaluations, but premature, considering these kids are just Freshman and sophomores...the comment on Pearl's style not working on the 'modern player is the most ludicrous.

What type of player was Harper, Brown, Okeke, Okoro, and so many others that played well for us, or improved under Pearl? These are all modern players...just as the guys on the team now are.

Again, you're all over the place. Critiquing the players with very little positive evaluations on any of them, and then coming up with this cockamamie  reasoning that Pearl basically checked out with this team...

I am beginning to believe that you just are mad about the season going down the tubes...and blame has to be spread around on this team...

...but you left out the assistant coaches, analysts, and medical staff in your complaining..

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Of all the comments you made, and most are at most 'hit and miss' evaluations, but premature, considering these kids are just Freshman and sophomores...the comment on Pearl's style not working on the 'modern player is the most ludicrous.

What type of player was Harper, Brown, Okeke, Okoro, and so many others that played well for us, or improved under Pearl? These are all modern players...just as the guys on the team now are.

Again, you're all over the place. Critiquing the players with very little positive evaluations on any of them, and then coming up with this cockamamie  reasoning that Pearl basically checked out with this team...

I am beginning to believe that you just are mad about the season going down the tubes...and blame has to be spread around on this team...

...but you left out the assistant coaches, analysts, and medical staff in your complaining..

HAHAHA this for sure. 1 down year and suddenly Pearl cannot connect with the modern player. Thats brilliant 

49 minutes ago, REALTORTiger said:

Substance:

I wouldn't call that substance you're very wrong about a good bit of it.....but you did take time out and offer an opinion so that's the first step. I bet this post will gain a little respect for you as opposed to your other posts. 

I strongly disagree that this assessment is more accurate than most.... It's not close

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I wouldn't call that substance you're very wrong about a good bit of it.....but you did take time out and offer an opinion so that's the first step. I bet this post will gain a little respect for you as opposed to your other posts. 

I strongly disagree that this assessment is more accurate than most.... It's not close

How can it be wrong when its a prediction post?  FWIW, this team stinks, is 2-3 games under .500 and the track record for teams that ever are that bad winning 25 games in the next season is let's say, not good.  Duke gets 4-5 players per year as good or better than Jabari Smith and they stink this year.  Praying that one guy is good enough to put this collection of current players to two-three levels above what they are now is colossally dumb to anyone with a brain.  It's a WAY down year in the SEC and if these players had lasting talent, they'd be better than this.  They aren't.

And I do think that Bruce allowed certain factors to let this team in effect, quit.  And it will long term be a mistake.

I'm still saying the real problem is expectations was off, and I still say this is because too much credit was given to certain players and therefore not enough credit was given to others. Some thought some guys were going to be easily replaced......be careful what you wish for. And appreciate it the guys while they are here. 

Like I said seems like Flannigan is this year's guy, when he's gone you'll see how important he really is

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I'm still saying the real problem is expectations was off, and I still say this is because too much credit was given to certain players and therefore not enough credit was given to others. Some thought some guys were going to be easily replaced......be careful what you wish for. And appreciate it the guys while they are here. 

Like I said seems like Flannigan is this year's guy, when he's gone you'll see how important he really is

We will be better off without him as he's a net negative.  He's a good defender but brings very little to the table offensively and is a black hole and makes horrific decisions for someone raised by coaches galore.  His basketball IQ is seemingly low which given his background is strange.

3 minutes ago, REALTORTiger said:

How can it be wrong when its a prediction post?  FWIW, this team stinks, is 2-3 games under .500 and the track record for teams that ever are that bad winning 25 games in the next season is let's say, not good.  Duke gets 4-5 players per year as good or better than Jabari Smith and they stink this year.  Praying that one guy is good enough to put this collection of current players to two-three levels above what they are now is colossally dumb to anyone with a brain.  It's a WAY down year in the SEC and if these players had lasting talent, they'd be better than this.  They aren't.

And I do think that Bruce allowed certain factors to let this team in effect, quit.  And it will long term be a mistake.

Your evaluations were wrong. The other part of this post I think you'reconfusing me with someone else you were arguing with

1 minute ago, REALTORTiger said:

We will be better off without him as he's a net negative.  He's a good defender but brings very little to the table offensively and is a black hole and makes horrific decisions for someone raised by coaches galore.  His basketball IQ is seemingly low which given his background is strange.

This is hilarious. You seem to be high on Brown. Flanningan is better than Brown was at everything but shooting

6 minutes ago, REALTORTiger said:

You are insane.  

You're dismissed.

Lol I'm dismissed? Yeah you don't know me at all. But this is easy besides shooting say what facet of the game is Brown better at? That should be easy to do

3 minutes ago, REALTORTiger said:

Brown has had a great career in the G League and has been signed by multiple NBA teams and Flanigan belongs at Troy.  

Flanningan is going to be a first round pick but that's not what I asked you. I said what part of the game is Brown better than Flannigan besides shooting. And actually when I say shooting I specifically mean a set up 3 point shot. What does he do better? You've done all this talking show us your b ball IQ. Break it down

Archived