Men vs Florida

Maverick.AU

1 hour ago, REALTORTiger said:

None of you wanted to hear anything other than la la la, everything is great, all 5 guys are going to the HOF.  Go back and read threads.

Most of you are delusional.  I live in reality.  None of these players long term are winning basketball players and they're taking Auburn nowhere.  Maybe to the NIT, maybe.  

Bruce gets an D- for this season and the only reason its not an F is because Powell being out for an extended period of time was out of his control.  Every other single player on the roster, including Cooper has regressed.  Every single 

I agree with much of your criticism. Bruce has done a relatively poor job this year. He either hasn't coaches defense or hasn't held them accountable. Flanagan is playing at a Barbee-era level this year. Yes we miss Powell and having a lack of a backup PG has been damaging, but there is noreal excuse for this regression and horrific play.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basketball is not football, where if starters stop buying into the coaching instruction, you hold them accountable by dipping into a huge pool of bench riders that at least listen. If enough guys stop listening and start just playing out the season in basketball, you're stuck.

13 hours ago, REALTORTiger said:

This bunch isn't winning squat next year either.  And it's time for Bruce to cut the silly beard, and get back to being a basketball coach instead of thinking he's a movie star.

If anyone wanted to know what Alabama fan trolling an Auburn forum looks like, well here you go.

Out of the 55 posts created, he has 55 negative reactions or facepalms.  More total negative reactions than positive (49).

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

If anyone wanted to know what Alabama fan trolling an Auburn forum looks like, well here you go.

Out of the 55 posts created, he has 55 negative reactions or facepalms.  More total negative reactions than positive (49).

I'm not an Alabama fan and I have two degrees from Auburn. I just see the world for what it is.  Not what I wish it to be.

Unless Jabari is the 2nd coming of Carmelo Anthony, this team isn't winning squat next season.  This current group doesn't have "it" and will probably never have "it".   Flanigan, Williams, and to some extent, Thor are going to be busts relative to their incoming rankings etc.  There's no way that Thor is or should have been a Top 35 player based on what I have seen.  Cardwell is barely even a role player long term and Akingbola isn't even that.  

Face it, there was some serious misdiagnoses made on the current group.  It happens.  Going to have to evaluate much better to get to the top of the mountain again, Bruce.  

24 minutes ago, REALTORTiger said:

I'm not an Alabama fan and I have two degrees from Auburn. I just see the world for what it is.  Not what I wish it to be.

Unless Jabari is the 2nd coming of Carmelo Anthony, this team isn't winning squat next season.  This current group doesn't have "it" and will probably never have "it".   Flanigan, Williams, and to some extent, Thor are going to be busts relative to their incoming rankings etc.  There's no way that Thor is or should have been a Top 35 player based on what I have seen.  Cardwell is barely even a role player long term and Akingbola isn't even that.  

Face it, there was some serious misdiagnoses made on the current group.  It happens.  Going to have to evaluate much better to get to the top of the mountain again, Bruce.  

Man rubbing it in your face after every win next season is going to make next year just that little extra special. I just hope you come around when we are winning like when we are losing. But i'll go out on a limb and say you disappear as AU is winning the SEC and getting ready for the tourney run. 

37 minutes ago, REALTORTiger said:

In his defense, Thor should still be playing high school ball right now. To think he’ll be a bust at this point is way premature IMO. 

13 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I just hope you come around when we are winning like when we are losing

He won't. He disappeared when the team made that short run earlier this season.

48 minutes ago, REALTORTiger said:

You're delusional. Go rant at some kids in the neighborhood or your Fox news Facebook group. 

26 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Man rubbing it in your face after every win next season is going to make next year just that little extra special. I just hope you come around when we are winning like when we are losing. But i'll go out on a limb and say you disappear as AU is winning the SEC and getting ready for the tourney run. 

I wouldn't hold my breath for any of that happening.  These players are not Harper and Brown.  Not remotely close, long term.  I'd also bet that Cooper has played his last game in an Auburn uniform as well as Powell. 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The guy who saw something out of a 5’11 point guard and 3 star shooting guard is currently wrong on an ENTIRE roster because of one down year 

He was, minus Powell.  Cooper's lack of shooting ability in HS should have also been a red flag.  

You'll see.  

5 hours ago, REALTORTiger said:

I wouldn't hold my breath for any of that happening.  These players are not Harper and Brown.  Not remotely close, long term.  I'd also bet that Cooper has played his last game in an Auburn uniform as well as Powell. 

Powell may have played his last game anywhere due to his serious concussion status so don't act like that's some big prediction you're making about him. 

Cooper is very young and he's learning how to play at the college level. I don't think you're very smart to count him out. 

11 hours ago, REALTORTiger said:

He was, minus Powell.  Cooper's lack of shooting ability in HS should have also been a red flag.  

You'll see.  

I don't do insults when talking things I can't control, but your whole slant is just posting the most nonsensical things at the most opportune time for hot takes 

There is absolutely nothing stopping you from saying idiocy, and nothing holding you accountable for when you'll be wrong. What honest discussion you honestly expect to be made??

22 hours ago, gravejd said:

tenor.gif

22 hours ago, abw0004 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=18226749

15 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'm so confident in Bruce and the team next year that if we don't win 25+ games (barring a crazy injury) I'll delete my account on this site.

MUHHHHHHHH DUDE!!!!!! LFG!!!! A man from my own heart!!! hahaha. I trotted this technique out after the TAMU game in football. I said I would delete my account and never post again here if Gus was not fired at the end of the season. I HOPE HOPE HOOOPE it works out just as well for you ( AND US AS A WHOLE OMGSH WE ALL WIN!) as it did for me!!! WOOO!!!! LETS GOO BAY BAAAAAAY!!!!!

23 hours ago, REALTORTiger said:

They made a run this season?

Yes. after losing their first 4 SEC games, they then won 4 out of next 5 with the only loss to Ark on the road by 2 points. That included wins over Ga, Mizz, Ky, and SC. If you watched the games they were playing well during that stretch before the Baylor game.

Then teams adjusted to Sharife, and without another good ball handler like Powell, we struggled again...

But they did have a run...regardless of anyone's different definition of 'run'...

19 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'm so confident in Bruce and the team next year that if we don't win 25+ games (barring a crazy injury) I'll delete my account on this site.

It's been nice seeing your posts.  We'll miss you. 

I am not going to go so far as predicting 25 wins next year because I am not sure who will be on the team. Cooper might be gone, Powell might not play again. Then we would only have one ball handler in Alexander who could play PG but would be much better at SG.  At that point if we have not picked up a really good PG we will have issues again. Todays game needs dynamic guards.

What I will say if both Cooper and Powell are playing on next years team we will be one of the top 3 teams in the SEC. We will have 3 players who can play PG Cooper as a true PG, Alexander and Powell not true PG's but who can play PG while other is SG.  While Powell was not a prototypical PG his outside shot opened up the interior for Flanagan.  When Powell went down we had no consistent true 3 point shooters, so teams were able to jam up the middle more which made Flanagan much less effective. Powell opened up things for Flanagan in a way that Cooper doesn't. Initially when Cooper started Flanagan looked great but once they didn't have to worry about Cooper on the 3 the defense compacted deeper into middle.

Thor should be a HS Senior this year and has shown games where he can be very good and has also shown that he is young, Cardwell is a freshman who didn't play his senior year in HS he has at times played solid post defense and has made good cuts for easy jams he has also gotten needless fouls cutting into his PT and has no post game at this time. Cardwell is energetic can run and plays hard but often out of control. Cardwell is the kind of player with hard work who will get better each year. He won't be an all star but he will contribute. Jabari Smith is already thicker than Thor and I believe has a better skill set then Thor. Thor will add muscle in off season and his game will improve especially around basket and blocking out and rebounding. Alexander will give us the most complete SG we have had in many years.

Full roster next year I predict a really good team missing Cooper and Powell Not so good as need at least two ball handlers on floor at same time and at least two consistent 3 point shooters on floor at same time.

41 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am not going to go so far as predicting 25 wins next year because I am not sure who will be on the team. Cooper might be gone, Powell might not play again. Then we would only have one ball handler in Alexander who could play PG but would be much better at SG.  At that point if we have not picked up a really good PG we will have issues again. Todays game needs dynamic guards.

What I will say if both Cooper and Powell are playing on next years team we will be one of the top 3 teams in the SEC. We will have 3 players who can play PG Cooper as a true PG, Alexander and Powell not true PG's but who can play PG while other is SG.  While Powell was not a prototypical PG his outside shot opened up the interior for Flanagan.  When Powell went down we had no consistent true 3 point shooters, so teams were able to jam up the middle more which made Flanagan much less effective. Powell opened up things for Flanagan in a way that Cooper doesn't. Initially when Cooper started Flanagan looked great but once they didn't have to worry about Cooper on the 3 the defense compacted deeper into middle.

Thor should be a HS Senior this year and has shown games where he can be very good and has also shown that he is young, Cardwell is a freshman who didn't play his senior year in HS he has at times played solid post defense and has made good cuts for easy jams he has also gotten needless fouls cutting into his PT and has no post game at this time. Cardwell is energetic can run and plays hard but often out of control. Cardwell is the kind of player with hard work who will get better each year. He won't be an all star but he will contribute. Jabari Smith is already thicker than Thor and I believe has a better skill set then Thor. Thor will add muscle in off season and his game will improve especially around basket and blocking out and rebounding. Alexander will give us the most complete SG we have had in many years.

Full roster next year I predict a really good team missing Cooper and Powell Not so good as need at least two ball handlers on floor at same time and at least two consistent 3 point shooters on floor at same time.

@AuburnNTexasIf Coop leaves then Scoot reclassifies. He may do so anyway.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@REALTORTiger You should put up the opposite bet. Less than 25 wins & you leave.

Not sure it's quite equal. I've been around since 2010 but if there's a chance we can get rid of him, then that's fine. :P Less than 25 wins next year barring injuries and I leave, more than 24 wins and he leaves. I'm doing everyone a service, here! lol

Archived