RB recruiting

AUgrad2013

Wanting some conversation on this Saturday afternoon/night. With Henderson off the board I would like to see us end up with judkins and Williams. I think Alston is a good back but doesn’t have top end speed. Both judkins and Williams are underrated. 

thoughts? 

2 hours ago, AUgrad2013 said:

Wanting some conversation on this Saturday afternoon/night. With Henderson off the board I would like to see us end up with judkins and Williams. I think Alston is a good back but doesn’t have top end speed. Both judkins and Williams are underrated. 

thoughts? 

@AUgrad2013 been discussed in a couple of other threads. As of right now the expectation is that we do end up with Judkins and Williams in the class, assuming we offer Williams which we haven’t yet.

E - 

I am seeing our biggest rivals offering 2024 kids (like RBs)  this past week.  

Is our new staff getting on top of the 2023 kids yet?    Seems like our rivals are always beating us to the punch somehow, someway.    I know I am exaggerating, but that is my feeling sometimes.  

tg

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

Is our new staff getting on top of the 2023 kids yet? 

@Beaker I have no clue. As a fan I normally focus on the current cycle.

E - 

Is our new staff getting on top of the 2023 kids yet?    Seems like our rivals are always beating us to the punch somehow, someway.    I know I am exaggerating, but that is my feeling sometimes.  

tg

I’ve posted a few 2023 recruits in the 2022 forum because there’s not a 23 forum yet. Nothing on 2024 yet 

E - 

tg

Here’s another one for you. 
https://247sports.com/Player/Karmello-English-46114484/

6’ 185lb wide receiver from Alabama 

38 minutes ago, toddc said:

I’ve posted a few 2023 recruits in the 2022 forum because there’s not a 23 forum yet. Nothing on 2024 yet 

I have so much more confidence in this staff vs the last staff, but recruiting against thuga and bama is so hard, especially when they are on the 2024 cycle already.  Heck our staff is just figuring out our 2022 kids.

5 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I have so much more confidence in this staff vs the last staff, but recruiting against thuga and bama is so hard, especially when they are on the 2024 cycle already.  Heck our staff is just figuring out our 2022 kids.

We’re definitely going to be behind for a year or two until we can build those all important relationships. I too have faith in this coaching staff to get better each year.

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So there is word around town that a 2022 RB recruit could possibly reclassify and join AU RB room for the 21 season. 

Any word on from where?

If he reclassifies, how likely is it that he remains a 4 star? I know it doesn't really matter, but I'm curious.

51 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

If he reclassifies, how likely is it that he remains a 4 star? I know it doesn't really matter, but I'm curious.

I wouldnt imagine it would change. His rating is a 4 star rating regardless which class it is in.

8 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I wouldnt imagine it would change. His rating is a 4 star rating regardless which class it is in.

Except that he'll be one year less developed. I realize it's basketball, but JT Thor went from being a 5 star and #10 overall prospect in the country to being somewhere in the 40s overall and a 4 star when he reclassified last year.

Then again, I don't think Malcolm Johnson dropped much when he reclassified last year, so maybe it's not as big a deal in football?

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Except that he'll be one year less developed. I realize it's basketball, but JT Thor went from being a 5 star and #10 overall prospect in the country to being somewhere in the 40s overall and a 4 star when he reclassified last year.

It didn't change Malcolm Johnson's rating. 

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

It didn't change Malcolm Johnson's rating. 

Yeah, I just realized that and edited my response to reflect it. I'd not considered that until I thought about it.

If he remains at the same rating he has now even when reclassifying--and, of course, he comes to Auburn--then it would vault us two spots to #18 on the 247Composite listing.

8 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

If he remains at the same rating he has now even when reclassifying--and, of course, he comes to Auburn--then it would vault us two spots to #18 on the 247Composite listing.

If we can get him, and then pick up a good solid transfer OT after spring....This class all of a sudden looks pretty damn good...regardless of ranking...bu solely based on needs. If Caddy can get this kid to reclassify and sign that could be one of the biggest recruiting gets of this class.

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

If we can get him, and then pick up a good solid transfer OT after spring....This class all of a sudden looks pretty damn good...regardless of ranking...bu solely based on needs. If Caddy can get this kid to reclassify and sign that could be one of the biggest recruiting gets of this class.

Agreed. I'm a little greedier in wanting the OT and the interior lineman, but we'll see if we get all three or not. Sure would be nice.

The dude runs like a man:  the other team knows it is a run play, cheats up and can't stop him.  Saw that several times. 

Archived