Baseball vs (#2) Arkansas series

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could someone tell our guys this isn’t golf? Man, this Ark pitcher is making them look silly. Let’s hope this is the night our pitching comes through. I don’t see any more hits for us.

14 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

Could someone tell our guys this isn’t golf? Man, this Ark pitcher is making them look silly. Let’s hope this is the night our pitching comes through. I don’t see any more hits for us.

Some nasty stuff he is throwing. Gotta swing

LORD HAVE MERCY!!!!!   I was so nervous. I barely watched the game because it was so tense. And I'm baseball superstitious. Every time I went back to the paying close attention to the game something unfavorable happened. I also did not post until it was over. 

The Hogs had great pitching but a letdown on defense....and Auburn did what they had to do. So happy for the team!

1 minute ago, Aubie the Tiger said:

I imagine there has been growing frustration during the losing streak.  This is a big-time game to break it!  Congratulations to the young men on the team.  

I could feel the tension tonight......my Tigers were focused in like a laser. 

Heck of a game!  Now we have to have the mentality to win or sweep this series (ya, I said it).  Hopefully Barnett can continue to close like that, his stuff looked good tonight. Greenhill looked good; 13 pitches per inning average is a great efficient outing. Great win to get off the schnide.  War Eagle!

Didn't get to watch tonight but just saw the highlights. Man, what a night Brody Moore had with the homer, the crazy leaping double play, and then the tag out double play in the ninth. Great to get this win! War Eagle!!

What a way to end a streak? Beat the top 1 or 2 team in country. Greenhill nasty at times. 

Man that was huge. Auburn had a job to do this weekend, and it was fight like hail to take a game and regroup for the next 2/3rds of the season.

Now that you get that win, huge pressure off the rest of the weekend, and you can play with some energy/reckless abandon. Call me crazy, but with a team like AU that just got that much needed win, wouldn’t be as surprised as I would’ve been earlier today if you told me Auburn has some new life and takes 2 in this one.

That’s certainly still a pretty tall task, I know, but winning all three of these dern things should be on these guys’ minds. Go in, compete, and execute (like our defense did tonight) and win the game. If we could get the bats going in one of these, it’d be gargantuan. One win was big (did the math on SEC records in another thread and highlighted how different 1-8 vs 0-9 are in regards to making the tournament), two wins would be gargantuan, and dare I say it, a sweep puts you back in the regional host picture. Long way to go this weekend against a super talented team, but I think that’s the mindset you gotta have. We’re coming in here to win every game we play. 

Archived