Jump to content
Null

Rod and Paula's killer gets slap on wrist


gravejd
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 5/8/2021 at 12:46 PM, bigbird said:

Which is a problem. To me, its not that he received the YO status, but that the overall application of the YO status is applied so unevenly across the spectrum.

It can be, which is a problem.  However, that can't be held against this defendant.  The judge went to great lengths to point out that he was the perfect candidate per the statute.  This judge didn't care who the kid was.  That is why he was brought in from Dothan, appointed by the Alabama Supreme Court.  To be honest, people act like the kid was from an extremely wealth family.  He isn't.  Not being poor doesn't mean that you are wealthy.  The statute has been applied to people of all different backgrounds, but I do agree that the subjectivity involved makes it prone to abuse.  The truth is that there is no perfect system and that each case is different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites





15 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

It can be, which is a problem.  However, that can't be held against this defendant.  The judge went to great lengths to point out that he was the perfect candidate per the statute.  This judge didn't care who the kid was.  That is why he was brought in from Dothan, appointed by the Alabama Supreme Court.  To be honest, people act like the kid was from an extremely wealth family.  He isn't.  Not being poor doesn't mean that you are wealthy.  The statute has been applied to people of all different backgrounds, but I do agree that the subjectivity involved makes it prone to abuse.  The truth is that there is no perfect system and that each case is different.

Read my first post in the thread to know where I stand on it.

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/176561-rod-and-paulas-killer-gets-slap-on-wrist/?do=findComment&comment=3382419

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

If this wasn’t so serious it would almost be comical at this point. Of course I wake up today to see a headline involving this guy. Regardless of what happens with this, it won’t be the last time his name comes up in a headline. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zero sympathy nor excuse. Having 2 kids under 5 years old, this level of atrocity makes my blood boil! You get found engaging in this evil, you deserve to be locked from society for a long time.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this fella needs to be arrested (and needed to be for a while) for his own sakes. He clearly does not give a s*** about the laws of society 

Can’t claim to know the contents of what he was looking at, but I know some people when I was at that age where you exit teenhood would just not delete their salacious material that they received when they were minors. And they’d get caught up with that stuff but it’d get handled differently in the eye of the courts. Not making excuses for this guy, but just presenting this as a possibility. Either way, he doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

With him being a teen, this very well could be pics of his peers being used as a way exact revenge for the Brambletts. 

Or it could be actual kids. 

 

Wait what?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Wait what?

Basically the charges against him could be a wide range. It could be horrific content of young children, or it could be pictures his 16/17 year old girlfriend sent him. No clue what all that revenge for the Bramblett's would have to do with this 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:


sickening.

Well, he’s so young, I mean he’s still a teenager, so they should just slap him on the wrist and let him go. Maybe, it’s the fault of the legal system. I mean once he murdered our beloved play by play announcer and his wife, did they send in a social worker? If not, it is their fault, not the teenagers problem. I’m sure he’s just a sweetheart of a child.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How's that youthful offender status working out now ? If his ass would have been in jail for double murder and this would not have happened. 

Edited by Hay Field 101
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2021 at 8:44 AM, The Freak said:

We'll know because as soon as he gets out, he'll do something else dumb.

Congratulations! You called it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2021 at 10:20 PM, cptau said:

Will this kid even be held accountable by the automobile insurance industry?  If there's no official public record of his actions and conviction, can he apply for insurance in 3 years and get the same rates as any other 21 year old?  

My experience (4 grown kids with challenging driving records) is that incident itself will follow as an at fault accident, but will work off the insurance timeline (most use 5 years now). This is how it works for all of us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I pray that at some point, this young man can come to terms with whatever he has going on in his life. 

Prison will give him a lot of time. He should consider himself lucky . Most people aren’t privileged  enough to get a second chance. He had it and let it go in a very avoidable situation.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Prison will give him a lot of time. He should consider himself lucky . Most people aren’t privileged  enough to get a second chance. He had it and let it go in a very avoidable situation.

Yeah man, for sure. Being on the outside looking in, all I can hope for is some sort of redemption. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Prison will give him a lot of time. He should consider himself lucky . Most people aren’t privileged  enough to get a second chance. He had it and let it go in a very avoidable situation.

If he had legit child porn, like young kids not a HS student or left over stuff from when he was in HS, he's not going to feel very lucky while in prison. 

CP ain't gonna go over well. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I pray that at some point, this young man can come to terms with whatever he has going on in his life. 

And I pray the Rod's children  can come to "terms" dealing with the fact everyday that this POS murdered their parents and now is dealing in child porn. How many victims does this D Bag get  before he decides to "come to terms" or what ever in the hell that means. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hay Field 101 said:

And I pray the Rod's children  can come to "terms" dealing with the fact everyday that this POS murdered their parents and now is dealing in child porn. How many victims does this D Bag get  before he decides to "come to terms" or what ever in the hell that means. 

Look, he has committed two terrible crimes. I’m not saying he should be absolved of anything. He has left a path of death and destruction in his wake. 
ETA- And by “coming to terms with what he has going on”, I mean that one day he hopefully will fully understand what he has done. Yes, as usual,  I could have worded that a bit better. 

Edited by Tiger Refuge
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Look, he has committed two terrible crimes. I’m not saying he should be absolved of anything. He has left a path of death and destruction in his wake. 
ETA- And by “coming to terms with what he has going on”, I mean that one day he hopefully will fully understand what he has done. Yes, as usual,  I could have worded that a bit better. 

brother cats like him never fully understand what they do because they DONT care what they do. They don't care who they hurt the only person they care about is themselves. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lock him up. Odds are the child porn is someone a couple years younger than him, but still a crime, and he seems to just be a self-destructive individual who needs loads of discipline and loads of help to get straightened out. I think prison would take care of both of those. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What constitutes child pornography? I know in statutory rape cases there is a two year window. For example, if a 16 year old girl seduces a boy 14 years old, she's ok by the law. If the boy is 13, she can be charged.

Is there a similar setup for porn? What are the age limits?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Fairly certain it's not 6 years and under, but certainly young enough to be criminally inappropriate(not 14 year olds and over). This and his record of the Bramblett's incident should severely damage the portrayal of "He made a mistake like any young person is prone to". This is a young man that consciously engaged in a criminal activity now. It's time he faces some harsh punishment. 

It’s certainly time he faces his accusers/charges. Once the trial is completed, I am confident the appropriate result will take place. It will surprise me if legally there is any way there is a carry over impact from previous case, unless it was specific to the outcome of the previous trial.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...