Summer Workouts 2021

Zeek

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So there was some testing done according to Keef. A few 40 times:

Owen Pappoe - 4.3 40

R. McCreary - 4.4

Also noted that Pritchett had the fastest 40 but time not disclosed. Thought I would share.

edit- Another poster shared these, but I have no clue of the credibility.

Owen 4.32
shedrick 4.36
Pritchett 4.40
Dawson 4.44
steiner 4.46
shivers 4.50
mccreary 4.54
Jarquez hunter 4.55
tank 4.56
Malcolm johnson 4.56
byderrious 4.56
javarious Johnson, smoke, Puckett all 4.59

Shivers seems slow.  Owen unrealistic.  I buy Smoke's number.  Bigger DBs have an offset of being a bit slower.  Byderrious/Pucket/Smoke all near 4.6 is scary over the top.

40s don't mean everything

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So there was some testing done according to Keef. A few 40 times:

Owen Pappoe - 4.3 40

R. McCreary - 4.4

Also noted that Pritchett had the fastest 40 but time not disclosed. Thought I would share.

edit- Another poster shared these, but I have no clue of the credibility.

Owen 4.32
shedrick 4.36
Pritchett 4.40
Dawson 4.44
steiner 4.46
shivers 4.50
mccreary 4.54
Jarquez hunter 4.55
tank 4.56
Malcolm johnson 4.56
byderrious 4.56
javarious Johnson, smoke, Puckett all 4.59

Shedrick 4.36 - If he is really that fast why have they only used him as a blocking receiver and only throw to him once in a Blue Moon.  Were these hand timed or electronic timed?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Shivers seems slow.

4.5 isn't slow.

41 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Owen unrealistic.

That's why he's "The Freak".

42 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Agreed - football speed in full pads with a football in hand is important.

4 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

4.5 isn't slow.

47 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm more talking for him.  Wasn't he a track star in HS?  Almost as fast Anthony Schwartz?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Shedrick 4.36 - If he is really that fast why have they only used him as a blocking receiver and only throw to him once in a Blue Moon.  Were these hand timed or electronic timed?

Just saw the video of the coaches hand timing them.  Hand times can be less than reliable and also is testing track speed not football speed so it is good to know they are fast but lets see what they do on the field. On the football field especially on Defense speed is really judged in how quick you read the play, react then get to the point of attack. Some players have a knack of reading and reacting quicker which makes a huge difference in how effective the player is. Reading the play and reaction time is sometimes more important the speed as speed doesn't start until you react.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Shivers seems slow.  Owen unrealistic.  I buy Smoke's number.  Bigger DBs have an offset of being a bit slower.  Byderrious/Pucket/Smoke all near 4.6 is scary over the top.

I actually could see Owen runnign a high 4.3 like a 4.39 or something. He is a freak.

Word is Bo had the best shuttle time on the team.

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I'm not surprised an elite athlete did that

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I actually could see Owen runnign a high 4.3 like a 4.39 or something. He is a freak.

I am expecting Johnny Manziel numbers now in true dual threat fashion

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am expecting Johnny Manziel numbers now in true dual threat fashion

People are saying Gus wouldn't let him run

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Could very well be true. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He could have gotten hurt....then Gus would have been forced to play Joey Gatewood or Malik Willis. Thank goodness Gus was smart enough to realize this SMH.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Reading the play and reaction time is sometimes more important the speed as speed doesn't start until you react.

Here is hoping they all read and react to a play like Josh Bynes and run with the times listed.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 1:11 PM, W.E.D said:

Shivers is definitely not slow, he told me to tell you that personally…. I was also told that the numbers weren’t accurate…. But you know when people get news they run with it & believe whatever 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

Shivers is definitely not slow, he told me to tell you that personally

I don't know why you get your feelings hurt when that is the context of my post.

On 6/22/2021 at 1:59 PM, W.E.D said:

I'm more talking for him.  Wasn't he a track star in HS?  Almost as fast Anthony Schwartz?

• Like 1

Shivers goes back in time he’s so fast. But he runs so hard at times it seems he can’t make cuts and or make people miss like someone with his build should. It’s like he fast , but needs more footwork . Glad he was able to put on size . I’m not an expert, just a fan. 

42 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't know why you get your feelings hurt when that is the context of my post.

Lol… I wasn’t in my feelings at all! You seem to be the one to be in your feelings because Worm asked me to tell you that message! I don’t know you & I don’t pay attention to name handles on here. I just passed the message sent from him! You can’t get me in my feeling or ever hurt me baby because I’m always blessed. You people just hate to be put in your place!  If you & I pass words often that would mean you always mention him negatively in your context. You seem to be hurt… we’re you not allowed to play football or something? 

• Love 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Shivers is definitely not slow, he told me to tell you that personally…. I was also told that the numbers weren’t accurate…. But you know when people get news they run with it & believe whatever 

Sounds like Worm and WED agree that Worm IS faster than that stated 40 time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Sounds like Worm and WED agree that Worm IS faster than that stated 40 time.

WED thinks I’m against him or something lol… it was just a confirmed statement lol. Everything isn’t negative energy all the time 

• Like 2

I can't speak for anyone else but I think the number was just surprising considering his well-known speed. When I read the post it seemed that WED was also surprised because of these reasons, but who knows, my reading comprehension has never been great. I don't think there was anything malicious with what he was saying, just surprise at the number. Regardless, I hope that the number was inaccurate. Here's to hoping your son is meshing well with the new staff and has a great Sr. season.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Worm asked me to tell you that message! ... I just passed the message sent from him! 

Hey, Momma.  Give him my best and pass on to him that I expect 1000+ from him this year.  Heart of a warrior and swag for days...yep, my kind of player!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Everything isn’t negative energy all the time 

Can we get a T-shirt with this on it?

To quote Methuselah...

Kj0BWb.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

I can't speak for anyone else but I think the number was just surprising considering his well-known speed. When I read the post it seemed that WED was also surprised because of these reasons, but who knows, my reading comprehension has never been great. I don't think there was anything malicious with what he was saying, just surprise at the number. Regardless, I hope that the number was inaccurate. Here's to hoping your son is meshing well with the new staff and has a great Sr. season.

I didn’t take it that way at all… WED thinks that I was. Anytime a parent says something doesn’t mean they are upset about something said… they could be just clearing up an error. Where we are from that’s the way we speak, as far as confirming a statement. That was all… nothing more or less. All the hurt & in my feelings talk gets out of context concerning  me… I will respond back. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Hey, Momma.  Give him my best and pass on to him that I expect 1000+ from him this year.  Heart of a warrior and swag for days...yep, my kind of player!

I most def will! War Eagle 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Lol… I wasn’t in my feelings at all! You seem to be the one to be in your feelings because Worm asked me to tell you that message! I don’t know you & I don’t pay attention to name handles on here. I just passed the message sent from him! You can’t get me in my feeling or ever hurt me baby because I’m always blessed. You people just hate to be put in your place!  If you & I pass words often that would mean you always mention him negatively in your context. You seem to be hurt… we’re you not allowed to play football or something? 

lol no one was put in their place.  I'm sorry you told your son something that wasn't true.  No one was saying he was slow.  Just the time seemed slow for him.

I'm glad his & your focus is on random comments interpreted incorrectly

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1