Fall Practice Observations and Videos

toddc

Here are a few of AL.com’s observations from Friday morning’s window. We’ll also provide observations from the newcomers practice later in the day.

-- During individual drills, tight ends John Samuel Shenker and Luke Deal were working alongside tackles Hamm and Zierer with tight ends coach Brad Bedell, as the group focused on some blocking drills.

-- After spending the first period working with running backs, Auburn’s quarterbacks got some work solely with the tight ends. Bo Nix, Trey Lindsey and Grant Loy all rotated reps completing passes to Shenker and Deal, who were running their share of routes to the outside and across the middle of the field.

-- Those QB/TE reps included some two-tight end sets, with one lined up with his hand in the ground and the other offset from the line of scrimmage.

-- Wide receivers spent individual periods working on shallow route-running with position coach Cornelius Williams.

-- The final period of the viewing window ended with some one-on-one reps on the near side of the field, with Nix and the other quarterbacks rotating as they threw quick screens to receivers on the outside.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• toddc changed the title to Veteran Players First Fall Practice Observations

i guess the texas kid will work with the younguns in the second period? i guess we will find out with the second practice. i just wonder if those other kids behind bo are better than dd. i guess he is still struggling to take it all in. i just realized finley was not in the first group either. hard to think of him being a rookie when he played most of a season as lsu. thanx for posting.

Please let us get through the first couple days of camp without having the announcement of some big contributor leaving the program. Hold my breath every year on that. Gus announcing Jovon Robinson was off the team on the first day of 2016 camp still has me traumatized. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, au302 said:

Please let us get through the first couple days of camp without having the announcement of some big contributor leaving the program. Hold my breath every year on that. Gus announcing Jovon Robinson was off the team on the first day of 2016 camp still has me traumatized. 

It's stupid how good that team was going to be as opposed to what we got

• Like 4

Thanks for adding the videos guys. I have trouble posting them from my phone.

• Like 4

• toddc changed the title to Fall Practice Observations and Videos
5 hours ago, au302 said:

All because of a lie, too. 😡

"-- The final period of the viewing window ended with some one-on-one reps on the near side of the field, with Nix and the other quarterbacks rotating as they threw quick screens to receivers on the outside."

🤢🤐

26 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

"-- The final period of the viewing window ended with some one-on-one reps on the near side of the field, with Nix and the other quarterbacks rotating as they threw quick screens to receivers on the outside."

🤢🤐

I see what you did there!

22 hours ago, au302 said:

You jinxed us, didn't you? Dang it AU302. :)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1