Fall Practice Observations and Videos

toddc

I’m personally excited to watch Worm this year.  Ever since that run at the Iron Bowl he seems to have taken it to the next level. Can’t wait to see it

• Like 3

Auburn receivers are still dropping passes

By Zac Blackerby | 10:38 am CT

Auburn football’s biggest offseason question did not get answered early in fall camp.

The wide receivers for the Tigers have a ton of upside but struggled with consistency during spring practices and it seems like that carried over into the first practice of fall camp.

Justin Hokanson of On3 talked about it on the Auburn Live podcast.

“I watched today, Elijah Canion, Kobe Hudson, I watched Ze’Vian Capers. I actually watched Capers and Hudson both dropped passes in the 20 minutes that I got to see. Screen passes. Just full-blown lack of focus type of stuff. Same stuff they did last year.

“A lot of ability. Nobody would argue that those three guys with a lot of size and a lot of talent. You bring in (Demetris) Robertson. How quickly does he get in the mix, how quickly does he get acclimated? You’ve got to love his maturity coming in. Maybe that will rub off o those guys.”

Head coach Bryan Harsin talked about how Robertson could arrive on campus any day and get involved in practice and get reps in the offense once he finished up his academic work at Georgia.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Auburn receivers are still dropping passes

By Zac Blackerby | 10:38 am CT

Auburn football’s biggest offseason question did not get answered early in fall camp.

The wide receivers for the Tigers have a ton of upside but struggled with consistency during spring practices and it seems like that carried over into the first practice of fall camp.

Justin Hokanson of On3 talked about it on the Auburn Live podcast.

“I watched today, Elijah Canion, Kobe Hudson, I watched Ze’Vian Capers. I actually watched Capers and Hudson both dropped passes in the 20 minutes that I got to see. Screen passes. Just full-blown lack of focus type of stuff. Same stuff they did last year.

“A lot of ability. Nobody would argue that those three guys with a lot of size and a lot of talent. You bring in (Demetris) Robertson. How quickly does he get in the mix, how quickly does he get acclimated? You’ve got to love his maturity coming in. Maybe that will rub off o those guys.”

Head coach Bryan Harsin talked about how Robertson could arrive on campus any day and get involved in practice and get reps in the offense once he finished up his academic work at Georgia.

People going to take for granted some of the catches SW were making last year. I have full faith in this guys putting it together though. 

• Like 2

You really can't learn much from a Day 1 Practice but what has me a little hopeful were comments from Worm on Tank being better then last year and Wooden about D-linemen Walker, Butler, Harris and Fair. With the LB's and DB's we have if we really do have a disruptive D-Line we will have a really good defense this year.  

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I would expect dropped passes in the first practice.....that's stupid to even report imo

Calling them out for lack of focus, from a guy who looks like he never played football, was the dumbest thing to me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I sure hope Colby's right about the improved pass rush. I think the secondary is already gonna be great even greater with a pass rush.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, EastAl_Tiger said:

I can't remember ever seeing that pass route run in recent memory at Auburn.  I'm sure it has but that concept was so foreign in years past

3 and 3 

previous staff: four wide, all goes. Break!

31 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Man I’ve been waiting on these. Thanks for posting brother.

• Like 1

The new attitude from this staff is so clearly permeating throughout the team. So much use of the word focus. I love to hear it. Harsin has these guys' minds in the right place.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Can football just get here. I am not expecting immediate results but I am expecting immediate change in attitude , focus , preparation and effort.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

The new attitude from this staff is so clearly permeating throughout the team. So much use of the word focus. I love to hear it. Harsin has these guys' minds in the right place.

New Staff, New year ... "Its a new day!"

Edited by Randman5000

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Can football just get here. I am not expecting immediate results but I am expecting immediate change in attitude , focus , preparation and effort.

No doubt. 

Happened at Ole Miss when Freeze got there. Didn't translate to wins immediately, but it was like watching a different team.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

No doubt. 

Happened at Ole Miss when Freeze got there. Didn't translate to wins immediately, but it was like watching a different team.

Happened to Atlanta's two best pro teams midseason. Bad coach fired, interim coach does better. (Almost finals better in the Hawks' case.)

Leadership matters. 

• Like 5

On 8/7/2021 at 3:02 PM, cole256 said:

I would expect dropped passes in the first practice.....that's stupid to even report imo

I agree! they will get the blame this year just unnecessary fuss for no reason. I didn't see them drop any passes last year Hudson maybe..

Also too nobody in this thread said it's ok, but most of us understand that we will be much better right before the game than the very start of practice. If we have a bunch of drops in game I'll be the first to say something.

And everybody should be proud, I didn't even bring up a poster's hypocrisy of being a hard ass about drops but was so understanding to QB play when it was at it's lowest.......

But anyway these guys haven't even started a game yet, I know as they get more comfortable they are going to get much better......

Seriously how many were dropped. 3 in first set of drills, or 5 all day, or what? I agree with another poster that mentioned 1st day of practice… so yeah probably a few.

Also, did they report how many missed “air” tackles, or possibly a missed FG? I feel like this is a non event! Now 3 weeks into practice and we got the dropsies, then we may have an issue!

2 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

New Staff, New year ... "Its a new day!"

Golf still sucks...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Thank you hope your ass is dragging do you even know what day it is?

No, not really.