Fall Practice Observations and Videos

toddc

20 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Not sure why this pic was only shared on Twitter

238CEC97-D264-4DF7-B15C-6AB1465DCB63.jpeg

Lol at that conversation about whether or not these players were still having fun. I love the energy here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Everybody always says the right things......Morris and Bo did, it's always the actions not the talk

Seems like you missed the point 

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Not about to argue with you bro

Lmao. OK. I didn't even argue with you and agreed with you. Then you just wanna claim I missed a point and wouldn't explain yourself. 

You essentially repeat my post/points, and agreed with me, and I say the same thing back to you and you get all pissy acting like I'm trying to argue. 

This is pretty hilarious for a Monday evening 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Lmao. OK. I didn't even argue with you and agreed with you. Then you just wanna claim I missed a point and wouldn't explain yourself. 

You essentially repeat my post/points, and agreed with me, and I say the same thing back to you and you get all pissy acting like I'm trying to argue. 

This is pretty hilarious for a Monday evening 

I did that because I knew that dude would just say I'm arguing with everybody, as you can see that he did without me even writing to you. I started to message you but I thought to myself it's so stupid to message about

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Man. Where did Malcolm Johnson go.

I believe he's still in the mix. Bobo seems to like him as per his press conference. Said he's raw but that it's a good thing because he has so much ceiling left. My thoughts are that he'll get snaps because he may very well be our best deep threat as we saw in the spring game. Just gotta get the quarterback to hit him in stride 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I did that because I knew that dude would just say I'm arguing with everybody, as you can see that he did without me even writing to you. I started to message you but I thought to myself it's so stupid to message about

I mean, in honestly don't know what point I missed and would enjoy a convo ourside of him.

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

I think if he can be very very good, like super good quickly, he can be one of the biggest keys to us having a surprise year

I don't know why I keep forgetting about JJ, when I completely agree with you. 

• Like 1

@bigbird 👀

Bobo re: offensive approach:

"Find your core guys, how you are going to be, how you're gonna do it. You got a base idea and that constantly, you know, might change a little bit throughout the year, but you're pretty set on what your identity is offensively. And I don't think you can, you know, you can't fit a square [peg] into a round hole. You've got your identity formed of who your teams are and what they do best. You know, you can't be stubborn and say hey we're gonna do this because this is what we do, we've got to do what our guys can do. And when you do that you give them more confidence when they step on the field."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 5

33 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I mean, in honestly don't know what point I missed and would enjoy a convo ourside of him.

So you brought up how they be at school and stuff, that was true and stuff but wasn't anything I was talking about. As a matter of fact you saying that I'm sure he felt you agreed with him. He probably liked your posts. My point was getting in rhythm with your QB and even just a few days off but certainly a week can cause anadjustment period. Especially the first 20 minutes in a practice running drills.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Lol at that conversation about whether or not these players were still having fun. I love the energy here.

No fun , only business and terror [yellow font]

fun is subjective and the hard work these guys are putting it sure does seem like they are enjoying themselves 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

No fun , only business and terror [yellow font]

fun is subjective and the hard work these guys are putting it sure does seem like they are enjoying themselves 

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So you brought up how they be at school and stuff, that was true and stuff but wasn't anything I was talking about. As a matter of fact you saying that I'm sure he felt you agreed with him. He probably liked your posts. My point was getting in rhythm with your QB and even just a few days off but certainly a week can cause anadjustment period. Especially the first 20 minutes in a practice running drills.

Yeah, they work all off season. We both agree. One dropped pass in the media viewing session doesn't matter. We both agree. 

Idknif he agreed with me, I was talking to you and agreeing 

22 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah, they work all off season. We both agree. One dropped pass in the media viewing session doesn't matter. We both agree. 

Idknif he agreed with me, I was talking to you and agreeing 

I figured that but you can see now why I just said what I said. I figured dude was going to pull it, he's predictable you can tell as you read his posts he's playing to an audience and trying to manipulate what you say so he can win an audience over.

But the other guy coming out of the blue saying he's going to tell.....that was unexpected

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

WOW!   I almost skipped that video because offensive videos the last decade have been so boring and given no information.

Not a lot of info on the team (a little more than the last few years),  but Bobo talked about  interesting topics and explained  how they are putting this O  together.   

Bobo and Mason (and from what they say ,  THE WHOLE STAFF really seem like they know HOW to put a team together.  They talk about how they are building real leaders. they talk about how they are learning the best position fit for players.  

I had  forgotten how much more fun it is when given even small sincere glimpses into the team.    This is going to be fun.    I missed this.

The Bobo  video got me excited for such a low key 3rd day of practice interview..  Where the hell are my cleats?  

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

@bigbird 👀

Bobo re: offensive approach:

"Find your core guys, how you are going to be, how you're gonna do it. You got a base idea and that constantly, you know, might change a little bit throughout the year, but you're pretty set on what your identity is offensively. And I don't think you can, you know, you can't fit a square [peg] into a round hole. You've got your identity formed of who your teams are and what they do best. You know, you can't be stubborn and say hey we're gonna do this because this is what we do, we've got to do what our guys can do. And when you do that you give them more confidence when they step on the field."

That sounds familiar and such a simple concept. 

• Like 3

Carries himself well and is a great rep for Auburn. Growing up before our eyes. Even his acne is cleared up which is a sign of growth in its own right. 😝 

• Like 4

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, toddc said:

JBoy fundamentally misunderstanding the plot of Star Wars might be one of the most interesting developments of the offseason. 

• Haha 5
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, toddc said:

Carries himself well and is a great rep for Auburn. Growing up before our eyes. Even his acne is cleared up which is a sign of growth in its own right. 😝 

Speaks and carries himself very well.  We just need to see the results on the field. Rooting for him.

• Like 2

It's 'Football 101' for Auburn wide receivers in fall camp
by Jason Caldwell
24 minutes ago

AUBURN, Alabama—Heading into his fourth football season at Auburn following a standout career at Hoover High School, Shedrick Jackson is the most experienced wide receiver on the roster for the Tigers, but he admits that he feels like he’s starting over with the change in offense from Gus Malzahn’s system to the one that Bryan Harsin and Mike Bobo are installing for the 2021 season.

“I would say it’s a lot more to learn and that’s a good thing, too,” Jackson said of the role for the wide receivers. “It’s more opportunities for us, route combinations and certain routes we never ran in the past before. Just learning to do things like that, it’s more of a pro-style. I think we are getting the hang of it and starting to make plays.”
Coming from an offense where many of the decisions were made from the sidelines well before the ball was snapped, Auburn’s offense is one that now challenges everyone to learn to think on their own and do it to make the correct pllays in the heat of battle. Harsin said it’s something they are working on daily.
“Yeah, every guy on the offensive side, you are  asking them to think,” Harsin said. “You have to really go out there and understand what coverages are, what techniques the DBs are playing against you and why. Tight ends, what are they doing? Look at the front, look at the coverage, look at the safeties.

“Right now, we ae just in Football 101, it feels like so we're really understanding why the defense does what it does? What are the advantages when they are in this look? How do we take advantage of a defense when they are in another look? We are teaching guys that right now.”
All that comes together when the ball is snapped and the quarterbacks, wide receivers and tight ends all have to be on the same page to make the offense work. Jackson said that is what the focus has been early in camp with the players taking what they learn from the film room to the practice field and vice versa.
“People have made plays, but it’s not only on the field, it’s off the field too in the film room,” the senior said. “We get together, we watch film because we understand we have to learn defenses and see the same thing that Bo (Nix) is seeing. That helps out the whole offense and makes it run more smoothly.”

Harsin noted that there are plenty of benefits to learning what the defense is trying to do and how to combat that on offense. One of those is just plain enjoyment of the game and being successful. Having an answer is the key to being successful in football on both sides of the ball. What you do when someone gives you a different look is the ultimate answer in football’s chess game. Harsin said he wants to equip his players to be able to have those answers themselves and make plays.
“When you start to understand why and what teams are trying to do and the different ways to go up there and win in those situations — I think it gives you a lot more confidence and enjoyment in the game,” Harsin said. “We are teaching that right now. That's part of what these guys in these installs and everything are doing. It's kind of Football 101. Alright, here's the looks. Here's how we are going to go out there and execute this play against it. When they do this, we do that, and so on and so forth.
“At the end of the day, you hope to get some type of advantage from that with your players being really, really smart guys," Auburn's coach added. "When you can do that, you can play fast, you can play physical. You kind of talk about that zone — that's really what you want to play in. Like, you know these are all the things that you have worked on. Now you just go cut it loose. Now you go out there and that talent and that hard work and technique, and all those things you have been working on, really shine because you are going to be in the right spot and you are going to do the right thing and your are going to trust the players around you. That's all going to happen. When those things are all combined, good things happen.

This says a lot about where we were with the old offense. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, toddc said:

This is amazing.  He has absolutely no clue what he's talking about.