DJ Uiagalelei = Jeremy Johnson 2.0?

j0hnnyRingo

Came across this article; https://theclemsoninsider.com/2021/10/03/former-acc-sec-coach-on-uiagalelei-you-just-shake-your-head/?fbclid=IwAR2L8YmCorLMKHLEeeGYeB-9b4y7A_DKQmMgpFj4hcVttmoRhSmqUQFMe10

Reminds me exactly of JJ in 2014 to 2015.  Started in place of Nick Marshall vs Arkansas and went 12-16, 243 yards, 2 TD's in the first half.  Then, when he took over as the starter the next year he had completely lost it, total meltdown.

Wonder whats going on with DJ?  He was a preseason Heisman darling.

• Like 1

He's been bad this year, one of the biggest flops given how much hype he had.

But also, another interesting development has been Clemson fans suggesting that Tony Elliot (their OC) needs to be replaced. A year ago he supposedly turned down an interview for our HC opening (not sure I buy that) and there were some on here that placed him very high on their board - now he's supposedly on the fan's hot seat at Clemson.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Came across this article; https://theclemsoninsider.com/2021/10/03/former-acc-sec-coach-on-uiagalelei-you-just-shake-your-head/?fbclid=IwAR2L8YmCorLMKHLEeeGYeB-9b4y7A_DKQmMgpFj4hcVttmoRhSmqUQFMe10

Reminds me exactly of JJ in 2014 to 2015.  Started in place of Nick Marshall vs Arkansas and went 12-16, 243 yards, 2 TD's in the first half.  Then, when he took over as the starter the next year he had completely lost it, total meltdown.

Wonder whats going on with DJ?  He was a preseason Heisman darling.

Unlike JJ, he at least has a cupcake buffet of a league to cushion him.

I’m not ready to declare Clemson’s dynasty dead yet unfortunately. But I’m getting a kick out of their struggles so far this year.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 11:23 AM, metafour said:

But also, another interesting development has been Clemson fans suggesting that Tony Elliot (their OC) needs to be replaced. A year ago he supposedly turned down an interview for our HC opening (not sure I buy that) and there were some on here that placed him very high on their board - now he's supposedly on the fan's hot seat at Clemson.

Dabo even admitted their offense has been singular and limited this year. They also lost the golden one AND the best running back in ACC history.

It’s all part of the “Dabo to UAT” plan.   You heard it here first, cue the black helicopters and tinfoil hats…

Clemson's highly recruited, highly touted offensive line is playing like...garbage. Fix the OL and that fixes the running game and helps the QB. Right now Clemson can't run the ball for squat. They're like 11th or 12th...in the ACC.

That offensive line is all part of the plan to make the Clemson folk want Dabo gone so he can take the UAT job when Saban retires in two years.  

I say this flying a black helicopter while wearing a tinfoil hat spraying chemtrails.  Today is a barium, boron, chlorine and chloroform mix at a 40/25/20/15 ratio. 

• Haha 1