Finley

JMassie11

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

He played hard. Wished he'd played better. 

If that was Bo nobody would be allowed to say the crazy stuff being said about him though. That's sad.

I'll be glad when he and Bo are gone so maybe people can all get behind the team again

Being Bo hasn’t stopped anyone in the past.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

He played hard. Wished he'd played better. 

If that was Bo nobody would be allowed to say the crazy stuff being said about him though. That's sad.

I'll be glad when he and Bo are gone so maybe people can all get behind the team again

There’s 3 passes last night one being the TD in OT that I know for a fact Bo could not have made. Subjective though bc the play calling would have been different 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

There’s 3 passes last night one being the TD in OT that I know for a fact Bo could not have made. Subjective though bc the play calling would have been different 

Yes. And there's passes he missed too and qb is going to get the blame. And I agree with you.

I'm going to put the blame of that last throw in OT on him though. Even though I don't care, I'm going to question us using Jackson as the go to big wr EVERY SINGLE TIME! That's just stupid to me

• Like 2

Look, I agree that people shouldn’t be calling TJ soft.  Dude is just as much a warrior as Bo.  TJ seems to be a gentle giant off the field, but I think he’s pretty tough on the field.  I feel like people have the wrong impression of him because he’s not super demonstrative.  But he takes a lick and doesn’t even flinch! Im not sure the coaches should have kept him in, but they evidently believed in him more than in Loy. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

I come to this board  celebrate with my fellow fans only see BS like this?!?  I just don't understand the need to only emphasize shortcomings. Everyone of our boys, including Finley, played one of the best, intense and valiant games I have not witnessed for years.

This forum has really gone downhill. I see why so many people have left this site...

It is disappointing.

It is kind of wild to me how we are so ready to tear Finley apart. This guy has barely gotten to start any games between here and LSU. He is clearly not a superstar at the moment. He needs to improve if he wants to be successful. This is true.

What I don't understand is how much leeway some people are willing to give Bo in his third season, but then want TJ to be incredible in his second start of the season against Alabama. I like Bo and I like TJ. I think they both have demonstrated that they have potential if they can fix some fairly blatant problems in their gameplay. Bo has received more grace on this with substantially more starts and play time.  Can we not give TJ some credit and time to pick up experience?

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 9:51 PM, AuMarine said:

TJ wasn’t great from the beginning but he did enough right up until he was injured and should have been pulled.. kid played his heart out but he didn’t have it tonight.. and the coaching didn’t help him at all.. once again the play calling was a bad.. he missed a couple receivers and had a couple bad throws but running on 1st and 2nd and then putting him in an obvious 3rd and long passing situation did him no favors. The bama defense just pinned their ears back and ran over our OL. 

What I am about to add here has almost certainly been mentioned elsewhere, but given the fact that he was injured, it just begged for us to go for 2 in the 1st OT.

Injured QB, big underdog, win or lose it right then. Don't expose him to any more snaps. Hell, call the play that went to Shenker in OT3 for the successful 2 point conversion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yes. And there's passes he missed too and qb is going to get the blame. And I agree with you.

I'm going to put the blame of that last throw in OT on him though. Even though I don't care, I'm going to question us using Jackson as the go to big wr EVERY SINGLE TIME! That's just stupid to me

The OT throw and the int were on a gimp ankle. Its probably harder to throw with touch than just stepping in and ripping it with the left ankle hurting. 

Just now, alexava said:

The OT throw and the int were on a gimp ankle. Its probably harder to throw with touch than just stepping in and ripping it with the left ankle hurting. 

Absolutely. But I'm just going to be objective as I can. That td pass in ot is a throw only a few can make and he made it. 

On the missed throw to me it looked like he decided to lob it as opposed to leading him. I'm not happy with the personnel we used that play at all either.

One thing I will bring up though was he played that 4th quarter with no threat of a running game. This lead to him getting blasted multiple times as the defense all knew they had free will to pin their ears back and go

Absolutely. But I'm just going to be objective as I can. That td pass in ot is a throw only a few can make and he made it. 

On the missed throw to me it looked like he decided to lob it as opposed to leading him. I'm not happy with the personnel we used that play at all either.

One thing I will bring up though was he played that 4th quarter with no threat of a running game. This lead to him getting blasted multiple times as the defense all knew they had free will to pin their ears back and go

As impressive as the throw was, the catch was more amazing to me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

As impressive as the throw was, the catch was more amazing to me. 

Yes it was a great catch too. I don't think one takes away from the other

On 11/29/2021 at 10:34 AM, shabby said:

Any update on his injury status? 

He was at the rec center playing basketball yesterday, so I guess he’s fine. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1