Are we ready to admit

AUght2win

16 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

You actually think we looked good against LSU?

I would say we looked better then the past 20 years in death valley, hence the W, it wasn't pretty but it was a W and I'll say that good.  Good job ignoring the Arky game I cited though, smh.

Edited by Didba

14 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

At this point, my thoughts on Harsin is that he’s really really good at looking and sounding the part of a big time winning football coach, but I’m not confident that he actually is. If you put Josh Heupel, Mike Leach, and Bryan Harsin in front of someone who didn’t know anything about them, Harsin would be the guy that people predicted was a successful football coach. But looks and talking the talk just aren’t going to get him far in the SEC. 

The offense looks more “pro friendly”, but going off of production it’s worse than Gus’s crap.

Defense looks pretty good

S&C looks worse. The players looked beefier during the fall, but you can’t say that it’s improved after watching the 2nd half woes this season. 

If Harsin can’t find a decent QB and at least 3 SEC caliber offensive linemen this spring, I’d don’t think he will be the coach going into the 2023 season. Because I think we will have an even worse season next year.

hahahahahahahaah. worse than gus's crap. hahahaahahaahhaahhaha. you lost all credibility on that line. wooh. wow. what a take.

12 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

The TE jet sweep wasn’t a bad play just bad time for it. UGA has done it with Bowers many times and the patriots have had success as well. With an over pursuing defense it most likely would have worked

It was very bad. Bowers is light years faster than Shenker. Bowers can out run some guys on the back half of a defense

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

Some of you really show your lack of knowledge about the game when you post on here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

The TE jet sweep wasn’t a bad play just bad time for it. UGA has done it with Bowers many times and the patriots have had success as well. With an over pursuing defense it most likely would have worked

It looked like a blown play where we weren't lined up correctly or someone blocked the wrong man.  The guy running free can't be by design

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

hahahahahahahaah. worse than gus's crap. hahahaahahaahhaahhaha. you lost all credibility on that line. wooh. wow. what a take.

You seem like a mature fella. 

You need to open your eyes and look. Did you watch the last 5 games of this season? The offensive production was criminally bad. Especially in the second half. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You seem like a mature fella. 

You need to open your eyes and look. Did you watch the last 5 games of this season? The offensive production was criminally bad. Especially in the second half. 

Edited by Didba
I am the smartest dumb guy I know.

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

Didn't wade through most of the crap, but it's always going to be hard to win when you can't get 2 yards with 2 plays.

yet we needed to run it more because the run game was "working" according to some on here.

13 minutes ago, Didba said:

If the production resembles Gus's production is what you were getting at, which you did not make clear,

thus, my original point still stands.

Alright. Try reading this again for me. You got this, buddy. 

B4BF1AD9-AEE7-4501-82A9-5D9C6A49BD5D.jpeg

Edited by AuCivilEng1

26 minutes ago, Didba said:

Some of you really show your lack of knowledge about the game when you post on here.

I have a question for u do u think Tennessee and South Carolina were left in better situations because I don’t. Their coaches seemed to play to the strength of the hand they were dealt. If true it’s pretty shameful that the USCE coach said there were only a handful of plays used to win the game.  Also what’s your response to the coach pretty much admitting to learning on the job.

15 minutes ago, Didba said:

I just call it like I see it and I also like to laugh at fools.

Further, you said it was the same crap as Gus, whereas anyone with eyes can see the offensive scheme being run is vastly different than Gus's.  If the production resembles Gus's production is what you were getting at, which you did not make clear, then that has nothing to do with Harsin's scheme but has to do with the atrocious roster mismanagement by Gustav.

thus, my original point still stands.

Also, I hate to keep dwelling on this, but the statistical ranking was just too good to not share. Check out where Auburn ranks in Total Offense and who that team is just ahead of us. 

26F2427F-50EB-46A6-8446-9D39DB51A97D.jpeg

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Do you ever not come off as a know at condescending you and I are a part of the same boards, everything I heard is that he was impressive, had a high football iq, but struggled taking care of the football. I mean you have had a disdain against this kid since day 1 bc of his measureables like you're an nfl scout or some s***. Glad nobody told kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, or Johnny manziel that, sheesh

Just FYI, Metafour's claim have been backed up by a known insider on the donor side of these forums.  Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it seems our suspicions regarding DD might be true,

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Alright. Try reading this again for me. You got this, buddy. 

B4BF1AD9-AEE7-4501-82A9-5D9C6A49BD5D.jpeg

Hey, you got me! I didn't go back and re-read your post.  I'll admit when I make a mistake or a bad take unlike mikey lmao

Edited by Didba

3 hours ago, DAG said:

That’s my frustration as well. Losing games we aren’t suppose to lose. That is what kind of scares me. The positive is we were legitimately competitive in every game . The negative is the inability to convert some of those to wins , which BTW, some fans from his previous stint has said that can be problematic with him. We need to get past that stage 

This 100000x. With ENSD I think I’m over the whole “Harsin can’t recruit in the south” nonsense. 

But the part that scares me the most is Boise fans warned us on their boards and even on our boards that Harsin is susceptible to getting out-schemed and unable to close out games (Mike Leach x2 now). 

I think Harsin will be fine. I don’t think he’ll fail but I also don’t think he takes us to the promise land. We’ll kinda see ourselves in that 7-10 win purgatory with him imo 

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

Hey, you got me! I didn't go back and re-read your post.  I'll admit when I make a mistake or a bad take unlike mikey lmao

25 minutes ago, Didba said:

I just call it like I see it and I also like to laugh at fools.

All is good.  Can you just say “I’m didba and I’m a fool”. Come on! Do it!

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

All is good.  Can you just say “I’m didba and I’m a fool”. Come on! Do it!

I'll do you one better "I am Didba and I am the dumbest smart guy I know" or is it "I am the smartest dumb guy I know". Either one should be sufficient😂

Edited by Didba

is it not fair to say gus was left with more talent at ucf than he left us? that is the way i see. unless they are lesser talented and play lesser talented teams than in the sec. maybe they do not know his system yet. i know bird i think and a couple of other guys on here said their sons could tell you what play gus was running before he ran it. that is fact that it was said anyway and several times.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

is it not fair to say gus was left with more talent at ucf than he left us? that is the way i see. unless they are lesser talented and play lesser talented teams than in the sec. maybe they do not know his system yet. i know bird i think and a couple of other guys on here said their sons could tell you what play gus was running before he ran it. that is fact that it was said anyway and several times.

If u just go solely on recruiting Auburn still has more talent even if u reorganize it. Also 75% of the season UCF played with a true freshmen QB.
Gus did blow the Lville game in which Gabriel got hurt. From that moment Gabriel was probably like I am out of here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

That’s my frustration as well. Losing games we aren’t suppose to lose. That is what kind of scares me. The positive is we were legitimately competitive in every game . The negative is the inability to convert some of those to wins , which BTW, some fans from his previous stint has said that can be problematic with him. We need to get past that stage 

I'm still behind CBH 100%. I'm behind every Auburn coach 100% until it's proven beyond a reasonable doubt they can't help Auburn win. I always want each current Auburn HC to be the best we've ever had. That includes Harsin.

I'm just very concerned we may have a guy that botches actual football decisions. Which is scary because unless Saban retires, Smart is busted by the NCAA, and Brian Kelly's fake accent makes him unemployable, we are going to be in a ton of tight games with lesser talent. 

For the foreseeable future, we won't overwhelm our competition with superior talent. With CBH's system, we can't outscheme them either. So we are going to need a guy with an excellent feel for controlling games, momentum, and winning the big downs.

Is CBH that guy? Still to be determined. But he's got 2 games in his favor (LSU and GSU) and our last 5 against him as evidence. 

• Like 5

I don’t know if I have ever seen so many former players be as vocal as they are.  This is at least the fourth player to speak up.  

A1A33E0C-F2C3-4B99-9118-27BA251D3759.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I don’t know if I have ever seen so many former players be as vocal as they are.  This is at least the fourth player to speak up.  

Its been mentioned those that wanted to see DD in some type of role yesterday are not in practice. However, I still think what’s the worst that could happen. Yesterdays performance at the position was really lacking. Bo was benched in the GA St game and the team immediately had a pep in their step. At the very least a chance in the red zone where he could be a threat of using his legs. Houston pinned their ears back because there was zero threat to run. 

For example that quarterback sneak was turrible as CB would say. He was straight up. No bend or anything. The defense played lights out yesterday and there efforts went down the drain.

Edited by e808
Typo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Didn't wade through most of the crap, but it's always going to be hard to win when you can't get 2 yards with 2 plays.

And even if you get those 2 yards, it still left 65 yards to go... :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I've seen this one and the one from K Johnson.

Who else has commented? Just curious. 

Are they all slanted towards being negative about BO getting run off by AU fans?

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I'm still behind CBH 100%. I'm behind every Auburn coach 100% until it's proven beyond a reasonable doubt they can't help Auburn win. I always want each current Auburn HC to be the best we've ever had. That includes Harsin.

I'm just very concerned we may have a guy that botches actual football decisions. Which is scary because unless Saban retires, Smart is busted by the NCAA, and Brian Kelly's fake accent makes him unemployable, we are going to be in a ton of tight games with lesser talent. 

For the foreseeable future, we won't overwhelm our competition with superior talent. With CBH's system, we can't outscheme them either. So we are going to need a guy with an excellent feel for controlling games, momentum, and winning the big downs.

Is CBH that guy? Still to be determined. But he's got 2 games in his favor (LSU and GSU) and our last 5 against him as evidence. 

Very well said, I agree 100%.