Are we ready to admit

AUght2win

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Yeah, but that Birmingham Bowl hardware would have looked sick in the trophy case. Opportunity lost….

As pathetic as the bowl is, it looks that much worse to lose it. Go5 team.

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

There's a reason I won't even entertain attending a bowl anymore unless its the playoffs, Sugar, or Vegas.  And the only reason I'm going to NOLA or Vegas is to party.

I’m a big fan of the Music City Bowl in Nashville too. I was really hoping we could sneak into that one. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Let’s not act like it hasn’t happened before… on a bigger stage…

• Like 1

Just now, cbo said:

Can't disagree with any of that. 

It's always a fine line between debating and venting. For me, this one was about the criticism of certain play calls, which only failed because Harsin has such little offensive talent to work with. 

Right. Like at Penn st. A qb that can make deep throws we win. Bo didn't look as bad as tj did this last game but still the last game if we have a consistent QB we win. Harsin inherited these guys. Well tj he brought in because Gus ran away any other talented guy because nobody needed to be a threat to Bo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

I’m with @Brad_ATX in thinking this game is completely irrelevant. If we lost in a blowout or didnt look competitive that would be a different story. We lost a very close game to a top 20 team with our roster depleted. Too many mitigating factors to think this game means anything except to the players that competed in it and wanted to win a lot worse than any fan

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Sure. Let's throw even more wood and gas on fire. Now we're blaming Harsin for $28.5 million of that money going to Gus and his staff?

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/01/how-much-does-auburn-owe-gus-malzahn-and-former-staff-in-buyouts.html

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Right. Like at Penn st. A qb that can make deep throws we win. Bo didn't look as bad as tj did this last game but still the last game if we have a consistent QB we win. Harsin inherited these guys. Well tj he brought in because Gus ran away any other talented guy because nobody needed to be a threat to Bo

With all the problems on offense, a QB with downfield accuracy could have made this a very good season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

Can't disagree with any of that. 

It's always a fine line between debating and venting. For me, this one was about the criticism of certain play calls, which only failed because Harsin has such little offensive talent to work with. 

And that's part of my other point to. This is the only thing that pisses me off and it's not everybody.....but many of these guys are literally the same guys that were happy Willis and gatewood left. Literally cheered they were gone. They wanted all the eggs in the basket for Bo. Then when Bo doesn't preform and the back up doesn't perform have the audacity to complain about QB play?

That enrages me lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Sure. Let's throw even more wood and gas on fire. Now we're blaming Harsin for $28.5 million of that money going to Gus and his staff?

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/01/how-much-does-auburn-owe-gus-malzahn-and-former-staff-in-buyouts.html

You asked. This is the reality. Don't ask questions you can't handle the answers to.

23 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Man I have always felt you beat someone in a debate is you have to listen to your opponent pov and actually beat them using their logic......

This I can't even understand the logic to get in there and debate it. I don't see how you can go at Harsin before you see how he develop a few of his guys. I don't see how you judge him on how he handled a screwed up situation somebody else created. Then on top of that compare him to the guy who caused the situation, and on top of that compare him to that guy that has grabbed another team that was built up by somebody else

This has been my stance on Harsin this whole time

Just now, cole256 said:

And that's part of my other point to. This is the only thing that pisses me off and it's not everybody.....but many of these guys are literally the same guys that were happy Willis and gatewood left. Literally cheered they were gone. They wanted all the eggs in the basket for Bo. Then when Bo doesn't preform and the back up doesn't perform have the audacity to complain about QB play?

That enrages me lol

Drives me crazy, too. The complaints about playing TJ at the end of the Iron Bowl. What else are they supposed to do? A first year staff should have three QB's ready to go? After inheriting so little. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That enrages me lol

I've never understood being happy for talent to leave. It's always a net loss. Unless they are a locker room problem, which those guys weren't. 

22 minutes ago, Viper said:

Wait till the evening of 11/26/22. You’ll be right behind the matches with the jet fuel. 

TerrificSerpentineFalcon-max-1mb.gif

Watch out guys, it's the negabarner!

3 hours ago, aubaseball said:

You are talking in circles.   I’m not sure how to respond to your post.  But I will try;  what is poor clock management in the Bama game and bowl game?  If you are referring to the plays that were called during 4th quarter that is something that has been beaten to death.   If I take it correctly, you are talking about the passes in the bowl game and the interception in the Bama game.   Both times there was over 7:30 minutes left in the both games and auburn was only up one score.   If you have a problem with a coach that is trying to move the ball to score in that situation, I don’t think you should be cheering for any team.  As history showed, it only took Alabama 1:20 to drive 97 yards to tie the game.   Besides every play that I assume you had a problem with was poorly executed, just like the football you mentioned with the 81 game.  
besides shedrick Jackson, what other receiver played last year?  The tight ends might as have not have played because Gus never threw the ball to them.   Tank and Bo (Oline, if you want to count that as a positive) were the only returning position players.   
you talk about basic execution that resulted in a loss in 81, but don’t seem to grasp that basic execution resulted several losses this season.   In today’s football, HS quarterbacks play year around, summer 7x7.   A power 5 college quarterback should be able to connect on 50% of deep passes.   Auburn wins 10 games if this would have happened this year, not even an argument.   I would even state that if Auburn had Bryce Young, they would have played in the SEC championship and possibly CFP.  That’s even with the bad Oline.   
it wasn’t coaching that auburn was 6-6, auburn doesn’t have the players.   Either get an all American Oline or an all American qb.   

"Both times there was over 7:30 minutes left in the both games and auburn was only up one score.  

No, we had the ball, 1st and 10, with 2 minutes to go with Alabama with only two timeouts...we ran off a grand total of 13 seconds before returning the ball to Alabama with 1:47 remaining.

Vs Houston, we had the ball at midfield; our RB averaged 6 ypc.   Our QB's 4th qtr comp % is 40% (per ESPN splits).  I can't find Finley's comp % by distance of throw; but it's safe to say its below his 4th qtr Comp %..I'll be generous and say it's the same...put those two together and he's got about a 16% chance of hitting any of those passes. 

On 1st and 10 Tank avg's 5.5 ypc; on 2nd and 8-10 he avg's 4.3 ypc, 3rd and 10 he avgs 7.7 ypc. 

We threw two bombs over 40 yds downfield.  We took less than one minute off the clock and gave them the ball back with 6 minutes.  Neither of those instances was "basic execution".  the 1st against AL was fundamentally mismanaging the clock under 2 minutes.  Against Houston, play calling was guaranteed the result... There is no way in hell Finley completes either of those throws.  

I'm done.  If you can't see the difference, I can't help you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Love the ass-less chap look. So much better than this hunk of junk…

8FE7DB4E-D7F6-4967-ADFF-96153DA9F894.jpeg

Exactly, who needs it!

I will warn you, though. You do NOT want to see the Birmingham Bowl runner-up trophy. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Like the one playing Bammer in the playoffs tomorrow?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I guess the coach needs his players in to give an opinion on the team’s preparation, in game decision and play calling.  Some of those things were contributing factors to losses. Regardless of who the players are bad decisions are bad decisions 

For example the Shenker around. Basically wasted a down

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, e808 said:

I guess the coach needs his players in to give an opinion on the team’s preparation, in game decision and play calling.  Some of those things were contributing factors to losses. Regardless of who the players are bad decisions are bad decisions 

I thought the team looked prepared all season, except GA State. Often wore down towards the end of the game. 

"Bad" decisions often look like good decisions with better players. 

14 minutes ago, cbo said:

Drives me crazy, too. The complaints about playing TJ at the end of the Iron Bowl. What else are they supposed to do? A first year staff should have three QB's ready to go? After inheriting so little. 

Well that's a little bit different IMO. Respectfully, no football team should ever have less than 3 playable QBs. Ever. It's too important and too commonplace for QBs to be injured. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Didba said:

Watch out guys, it's the negabarner!

Pay attention junior and maybe you’ll earn a buck.

Edited by Viper

9 minutes ago, e808 said:

Hey don't you know? It's all just execution!!!

The Coxcat should have been a touchdown every time! Chandler just didn't execute!

• Love 1