Negative Fans costing us in recruiting

WFE12

No one hates Auburn fans and tries to protect Auburn coaches like Marshall. Its a time honored tradition for him..

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, cole256 said:

Like write this story right now....why? I can't stand pm

And now he's saying Harsin got rid of Kobe for no reason. Check the Kobe Gone thread. PM needs to pack it up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've never really cared for PM's stuff. If you've ever spoken to any other fanbase, or perused through one of their message boards you'd realize they are no different...especially in the SEC. 

Just wanted to post this here since it gets most views.  Auburn Gym and Suni debut tonight.  Aired on youtube at 6pm. 

This is the link to the meet.

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

If you lose a recruit because his mom read some mean things on Twitter, the recruit was never your’s to begin with. 

• Like 5

Until some board rules are actually enforced you'll always have  uniformed and negative input by some posters. 

Edited by creed
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

This is pure 100% BS, and put out by Phillip Marshall no less.

It reeks of Gus Malzahn, or something the Nix family has floated out there.  

Auburn fans are no better nor worse than any other fans in CFB.  Hell, go to a Bama message board after they lose and see the stuff they say about their players.  Read the things they tweet.  Pretty sure they were sending that kicker death threats when he lost the IB.  

Exactamundo

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

And it's working. Barn twitter is all over it already. 

As for other fans, a timely tweet from a bama beat guy:

He’s right if anything Bama fans are the worst with this. They ain’t even satisfied with wins. Saban went on a viral rant about that this year. That tweet in the OP is straight BS. If we lost out on a recruit it wasn’t because of message boards or Twitter

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, DAG said:

What era was this? I am intrigued. 

Don’t know about Phillip Marshall, but I was at Auburn in the late 70s, early 80s.  I don’t remember much booing in the student section.  Later on, when my husband and I got season tickets, we might complain about the game on the way home, but it wasn’t out in public. Of course, there was no social media then. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is exactly why I called this guy a pot stirrer. We are in the fight of our football lives for recruits and he decides “yep this is a great time to post my thoughts about Auburn fans being their own worst enemy.” Yeah to me he is a scumbag. 

Yep, and if I was an AU coach right now, I would shut him down. I wouldn't give him any info at all that amounts to anything. Way past time for his grumpy self to retire.

• Like 3

Another thing that pisses me off about this article. 

Number of Ppl before today talking about "Negative Auburn Fans"....ZERO

Today???? It's trending in twitter. Great Job Phillip. You'd think someone who owns and runs a damn fansite would understand crap like this.

Pompous a**hole

53 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If he said our fan base is the worst at actually verifying information on Twitter or even just bad with social media in general, I might have agreed with him

I actually think Auburn basketball Twitter is pretty hilarious 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Don’t know about Phillip Marshall, but I was at Auburn in the late 70s, early 80s.  I don’t remember much booing in the student section.  Later on, when my husband and I got season tickets, we might complain about the game on the way home, but it wasn’t out in public. Of course, there was no social media then. 

I was at Auburn in the 90’s when Patrick Nix was playing and it was pretty common for the student section (and others) to boo him and chant for Dameuyne Craig.  

I don’t remember doing it to other players but we most definitely boo’ed Nix 😂

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I wonder who the coach was. How many parents are lurking this website too I wonder... In my experience our fanbase doesn't differ from most others on social media. 

I take that comment with a grain of salt. With the portal now open after one year with the chosen school, this is the norm with most programs now. I couldn’t care less about an unnamed source. 

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I wonder who the coach was. How many parents are lurking this website too I wonder... In my experience our fanbase doesn't differ from most others on social media. 

Capital. B. Capital. S. 

If that were the case Bama and UGA couldn't pull anybody ever. Their fanbases are larger and more toxic. 

3 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Hard disagree. Seeing Saban rise at Bama and now Kirby rise at UGA has turned this fan base increasingly toxic. Nobody will admit it, but a good percentage of the fan base is jealous of our rivals. That jealousy has brought out some gross behaviors and words. For example, there used to be a hard rule on here about going after players. Now you can’t read a thread without seeing multiple posts tearing down players. Gene Chizik got fired after the worst season in modern Auburn history, and afterwards people were saying how much of an Auburn man he was but that it was time to move on. After Gus was fired and still to this day, there’s a lot of pure hatred for Gus even though he never had a losing season. No idea if it is legitimately hurting recruiting or not. But, even as an Auburn grad, I’ve thought more than once about waking away because of how nasty our fan base has gotten. 

Just don't buy it. Saban had a rant a few weeks back because his fans thought they weren't winning "by enough". They've cussed Bryce Young up until he won the Heisman. Their student section won't stay past the 3rd quarter. 

Auburn fans haven't really changed. They are still more loyal than most. But the idiots are now more visible through social media. That goes with everything. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

On this very thread, someone accused Gus of being the alleged source coach from the OP with no basis for that claim.  A lot of it is not outwardly stated hatred, but people lashing out and getting angry and/or blaming him for stuff that clearly wasn’t on him. If you haven’t noticed it, you have selective attention.

If that's what you consider hatred, the problem is oversensitivity, not the fanbase. Nobody "hates" Gus.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Totally agree Auburn fans are no worst than any other fan base. Stupid article from a doofus 

Maybe no worse....but we should strive to be better.

• Like 2