Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

1 hour ago, WarEagleT said:

Yep she never talks scheme, talent evaluation, etc, only that SEC is harder and other football is easier.

Are you mansplaining to me right now?!?!?!?!

• Haha 2
  • Dislike 2

5 hours ago, The Defiant said:

All of this post is based on inferences I have made. There is a problem when 8 defensive lineman hit the portal. It is concerning when you make a hire and fire them after a year, doing this admits you failed at making the hire in the first place. It is incredibly bizarre that an Auburn Legacy gets out of town as fast as possible. When the defensive coordinator also leaves in the same season it is also not good, especially after saving the 2021 class. 

In my opinion Bryan Harsin is trying to micromanage everything. He distrusts everyone and everything around him. If there is any inkling that you aren't in line the his mentality is to tell them to get lost. He is trying to pull a Saban mentality while no where close to having the credibility he does. He is being rough on players and has an old school mentality.  Today you have to be a player's coach with the portal, one year transfer rules, and the promises of much greener pastures. His attempt  to get coaches and players to buy in and his wrestling of control is causing harm to this program. Again, his loss of players and personnel makes him look completely out of control. It all started with the WR coach not even halfway into the season. Just my take.

I don’t even think Saban coaches the same way he did in say 2011. You just gotta be more malleable than then. Too many options, too many guys that are at the talent level to say “I can be the guy”, etc etc

9 hours ago, cbo said:

I don't know why I tried with you. Won't happen again. 

I've leave you with this. Resigning to "spend more time with family" is standard, meaningless PR talk. Davis doesn't even have a wife or children. 

For real? No wife or kids? I did not know this. 

9 minutes ago, wcware said:

Our fanbase has become toxic. It started with Gus, moved to Bo, and now it’s on Harsin. I don’t know if it’s just the world we live in now or what. I admit, I overreacted to things I didn’t like about Gus. I rode with Bo until the end. I am sad he is not at Auburn, but I would not have been able to withstand what he was going through on campus on the daily. Now on to Harsin, if Bo doesn’t get hurt, we win 9 games and we aren’t having many of these discussions. Auburn football will be fine but the Auburn family, or the Auburn fanbase, we have a long way to go. You are either in this group or that group and this group doesn’t like that group. We are officially a middle school because that’s how we act. If you don’t think a fanbase effects the program then you are wrong. The contract extension of Gus is when I think most of it started. We have been divided since then. I know I will get facepalmed and roasted for this and thats fine. I have been part of the problem. I agree, things look sketchy at Auburn right now. I have been a season ticket holder since 1985 and I have seen sketchy before. I never remember the fanbase like it is now, during the other “sketchy” times. Anyway, roast away. War Eagle guys!

You take fandom too seriously.

All fan bases are like this, many far worse. We are losing and that doesn’t bring out the warm and fuzzy sentiments when it happens. Throw in what appears to be a growing degree of dysfunction in the coaching staff and players increasingly leaving, you get this kind of back and forth. Harsin is going to do his job and right the ship or not and go somewhere else. For fans on a message board, it’s just killing time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

You take fandom too seriously.

All fan bases are like this, many far worse. We are losing and that doesn’t bring out the warm and fuzzy sentiments when it happens. Throw in what appears to be a growing degree of dysfunction in the coaching staff and players increasingly leaving, you get this kind of back and forth. Harsin is going to do his job and right the ship or not and go somewhere else. For fans on a message board, it’s just killing time.

Some of the things I have seen here are not just killing time.

23 minutes ago, wcware said:

Our fanbase has become toxic. It started with Gus, moved to Bo, and now it’s on Harsin. I don’t know if it’s just the world we live in now or what. I admit, I overreacted to things I didn’t like about Gus. I rode with Bo until the end. I am sad he is not at Auburn, but I would not have been able to withstand what he was going through on campus on the daily. Now on to Harsin, if Bo doesn’t get hurt, we win 9 games and we aren’t having many of these discussions. Auburn football will be fine but the Auburn family, or the Auburn fanbase, we have a long way to go. You are either in this group or that group and this group doesn’t like that group. We are officially a middle school because that’s how we act. If you don’t think a fanbase effects the program then you are wrong. The contract extension of Gus is when I think most of it started. We have been divided since then. I know I will get facepalmed and roasted for this and thats fine. I have been part of the problem. I agree, things look sketchy at Auburn right now. I have been a season ticket holder since 1985 and I have seen sketchy before. I never remember the fanbase like it is now, during the other “sketchy” times. Anyway, roast away. War Eagle guys!

hahaha-standing-ovation.gif

24 minutes ago, wcware said:

Like the rest of society, the fan base especially on this site, have become tribalists

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, wcware said:

I think “some” of it is the result of poor timing on Green’s/PTB part.  Auburn decides to replace CGM with an essentially unknown outsider HC during a pandemic when the NIL and the transfer portal is just getting launched.  And said HC’s plan is to tear it all down to build it back into a new culture.  Fantastic timing folks.  Give yourselves a hand for the keystone cops planning.  With that said CBH hasn’t helped himself with his hiring, firing and decision making either.  

• Like 3

A balanced take might be that Davis’s statement looks authentic, while we’re leaking too many players and Mason’s departure raises the temperature. With so many players gone, 2022 is feeling rough.

If this kind of turnover persists, we’ll know there’s a real problem.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I think “some” of it is the result of poor timing on Green’s/PTB part.  Auburn decides to replace CGM with an essentially unknown outsider HC during a pandemic when the NIL and the transfer portal is just getting launched.  And said HC’s plan is to tear it all down to build it back into a new culture.  Fantastic timing folks.  Give yourselves a hand for the keystone cops planning.  With that said CBH hasn’t helped himself with his hiring, firing and decision making either.  

In defense to Harsin and moreso Greene and the non-incestuous parts of the AD, virtually everyone wanted a real new look at head coach. Every one wanted something fresh. Fresh intrinsically comes with risk

Auburn needed a new culture, they just (might’ve) whiffed with execution 

• Like 4

I personally had very little interest in Auburn football during 2020, and it’d be impossible to not mention the much bigger things that were occurring that year. But I knew it was getting bad when others were having similar amounts of malaise to me…I get pretty malaise-y

However, I do think malaise is a less dangerous feeling than purely disgust or fear, esp if the latter is following the former. 

23 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

A balanced take might be that Davis’s statement looks authentic, while we’re leaking too many players and Mason’s departure raises the temperature. With so many players gone, 2022 is feeling rough.

If this kind of turnover persists, we’ll know there’s a real problem.

Players leaking will be a huge part of every single season going forward. This is the new normal.

16 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I personally had very little interest in Auburn football during 2020, and it’d be impossible to not mention the much bigger things that were occurring that year. But I knew it was getting bad when others were having similar amounts of malaise to me…I get pretty malaise-y

However, I do think malaise is a less dangerous feeling than purely disgust or fear, esp if the latter is following the former. 

I did not mean for rational posters to respond 😂 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, CodeRocket said:

This is like watching a really bad wreck in slow motion!🙄

Yep, this isn't fun.  Anybody ever had the head football coach also be the head basketball coach?   A head coaches main job is recruiting, and building a staff that is conducive to recruiting. 3 months ago, I would have given Harsin a B- on that. Now, crap, this is going south fast. Right now, it is more critical than ever that the donors buy in to make that happen.  If Harsin can't make that happen, then he isn't the right guy. Texas had a horrendous season.  People in Austin were as negative as humanly possible about the team and season. But they have come together in the off-season.  Large NIL deals everywhere. Boosters formed a Pancake club for NIL deals for offensive linemen. Suddenly for the first time in a decade, Texas winds up with 5 highly rated O linemen.  If you can't play in this environment, you have the wrong coach.

PS: I don't like the environment much, but that's the new reality.

10 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

That's funny considering all the recent negative posts by some here about the PTB being too involved.

Check out A&M’s PTB. They’ve created a monopoly on recruiting. Key is…they don’t have to compete w dink & kirbs for them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wcware said:

Players leaking will be a huge part of every single season going forward. This is the new normal.

What are the players leaking? Do we need to send help? That doesn't sound healthy.

Ugh great now another thing to panic about. 😁

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1