Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Critobal would have been just as bad.  We'll see how Napier turns out.  But if he has success, that'll be 2 elite HCs Auburn could have hired and screwed up.  Saying no to an extra million, then paying Harsin $5 could be an all-time dumbassery.  Right up there with demanding Kirby leave Bama immediately and him telling us to kick rocks.

The point wasn’t to say how Mario/Napier would have worked out. The point was Harsin was a complete unknown to everyone and wasn’t on anyone’s hiring radar.

He basically was the fat girl at 2AM. Apologies to @augolf1716 for opening old wounds. 

Edited by Viper
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

I know it will be Kiesau/Bodie Reeder or Mike Hartline, but I wish he'd at least kick the tires on outside candidates. There's time until spring ball. Circle back to Ponce from App. State

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

if I see any more religion references they will disappear just like the last one.....stop it now

I removed my own post after I saw the warning 👍

I want to respect the rules.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Viper said:

6-6, after 6-7, buys him another season? Who are we? Vanderbilt?

It might depend on a variety of things, but yeah it probably does.  He'll be owed 12mm come December if we fire him.  Waiting a year to save 3mm isn't a necessity, but I'd guess it's not high on many ppl's list

22 minutes ago, Viper said:

The point wasn’t to say how Mario/Napier would have worked out. The point was Harsin was a complete unknown to everyone and wasn’t on anyone’s hiring radar.

He basically was the fat girl at 2AM. Apologies to @augolf1716 for opening old wounds. 

Just for you viper

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It might depend on a variety of things, but yeah it probably does.  He'll be owed 12mm come December if we fire him.  Waiting a year to save 3mm isn't a necessity, but I'd guess it's not high on many ppl's list

A big question for me: the people asked to write checks to make coaches go away didnt want Harsin to begin with. Are they willing to pony up to make him go away if it comes to that?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Cristobal is a real floor raiser. I would’ve been content becoming a perennial 9 win, occasional 10 win team depending on the ball bounces. 

Guy can't even hire coordinators or keep WR coaches he brought over from Oregon.  He's also a horrendous coach.  Tad skeptical on him.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, CR said:

A big question for me: the people asked to write checks to make coaches go away didnt want Harsin to begin with. Are they willing to pony up to make him go away if it comes to that?

Honestly, I'd say probably.  They seem to enjoy lighting their money on fire.  8 million between Yella & Harbert then 4 between dudes like Broadway and a few others is probably like us droppin $500 on dinner.  I don't mind doing it once a year or so.

OC buyouts are probably tiny.  I can't imagine Schemd is making a lot.  Neither is our OC to be named later

Edited by W.E.D

i'm late to the party here but something smells with these coaches leaving/being shown the door. It smelled to me when Williams was shown the door. Something isnt right. This wont end well. This much turnover isnt a good thing. No way anyone can sell that idea.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Paging Yeller Feller

59 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

In my experience....it's been exactly the opposite. I caught a ton of flack about my views on Harsin right from the start. And now that things are an even bigger mess the Harsin cheerleaders are unhappy that there was good reason for posters to be underwhelmed by the hire and skeptical of his ability to run an SEC team. He has done nothing to alleviate that concern, and we are in this situation right before signing day. 

Since it's been said that Auburn is a tough job....why not hire a coach that has a clue about the SEC and it's culture instead of hiring someone who has no idea and seems to have the wrong personality for it?  

There is no reason at this point to have faith in Harsin, and there was really never a reason to have faith in him. He has to earn it and so far he's not doing anything that gives us hope that he will succeed. It just never felt right to me personally and it still seems like something is off with Harsin.

I’m not going to clutter the board by going back and forth because honestly it’s not worth it. I mean this totally respectfully, your arguments are actually just completely skewed and vastly incorrect. Let’s just agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

SORRY TO INTERRUPT THIS MELTDOWN BUUUUUUUT This thread makes me so sad. 20 pages and counting about a glorified QB coach who would not of made a difference either way during BRUUUUUUCE BALL SEASON!?!? THE DISRESPECT!!!!! HAVE NO FEAR BRUCE PEARL IS HERE!!!! LFG BAY BAY!!! WOOOO!!!!!! THIS DOES NOT MATTER AT ALL IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS BESIDES OPTICS!!!!!

gif.gif

ScaryHonoredGardensnake-max-1mb.gif

image.gif.89a21bb1eb9263385899c52a67a7386b.gif

don’t see you around the site much anymore. I’m glad to see you around…”You’re Cousin from Boston”. 

• Haha 1

So seems Davis is stepping away. If he ends up taking another job then this will look really bad. If he doesn't, then I don't see this as a failure to Harsin.

Everybody keep your drawers un-wadded for the moment. We aren't even in year 2 yet. See how things play out. 

I am not saying there isn't a reason to be concerned, but my goodness. Some of you need to stay as far away from the stock market as you can.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CR said:

the people asked to write checks to make coaches go away didnt want Harsin to begin with.

tyler-hynes-hynies.gif

Edited by Viper

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

SORRY TO INTERRUPT THIS MELTDOWN BUUUUUUUT This thread makes me so sad. 20 pages and counting about a glorified QB coach who would not of made a difference either way during BRUUUUUUCE BALL SEASON!?!? THE DISRESPECT!!!!! HAVE NO FEAR BRUCE PEARL IS HERE!!!! LFG BAY BAY!!! WOOOO!!!!!! THIS DOES NOT MATTER AT ALL IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS BESIDES OPTICS!!!!!

gif.gif

ScaryHonoredGardensnake-max-1mb.gif

It's okay... It's not like he used to the Company Credit card at a strip club or anything.....

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I’m not going to clutter the board by going back and forth because honestly it’s not worth it. I mean this totally respectfully, your arguments are actually just completely skewed and vastly incorrect. Let’s just agree to disagree. 

No, she’s spot on.

• Dislike 1