Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

This thread….

image.gif.2fc74a1154d8328ec449add5a364ca63.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Well if we are going there....

Watch Necessary Roughness | Prime Video

We could always get Paul Blake (At least he is alive) and maybe Andre Krimm could come in and fill an OL spot for us

Such a good movie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shabby said:

I don't think you understand the definition of trajectory. Hey 2017 head is beating both the number one team in the number two team in the nation. 2019 had a speeding the number one team in the nation. If anything you could say Gus was inconsistent. But its trajectory was not a continuous downward pattern. He lost his job after going 6 and 4 in SEC play in 2020. Something tells me coach harsin won't get as much grace as you think

I don't think u understand that Gus lost at least 4 games most years. His trajectory was flat at the very best . I'm not gonna debate you on Malzahn,  if you think he should still be the HC at Au then I can't help u

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I don't think u understand that Gus lost at least 4 games most years. His trajectory was flat at the very best . I'm not gonna debate you on Malzahn,  if you think he should still be the HC at Au then I can't help u

Nothing i said stated i believe malzahn should be head coach. If the PTB fired Gus with 4 loss seasons and a season that had him winning 6 SEC games then Harsin ain't gonna get as much lattitude as you think. You used Gus to make an argument as to why Harsin would be safe. It was a faulty argument

Edited by shabby

I think some of you Cats need to re examine your way of thinking. If Harsin is cut loose next year, we will be doing the same song and dance 2 years from then because we won't be able to hire anyone worth their salt to replace a coach who was fired after 2 seasons. 

Bruce has had 3 LOSING seasons in his 8 years at AU, including last year. Now, everyone wants to name the school after him. Please don't say comparing the 2 is apples and oranges. If anything, it's easier to turn around a BB program cause of the number of players needed. I'm all for locking Bruce up BTW..

Point being,  the football ain't an easy fix. Give the man more than 2 years to fix it..Sorry for the rant. Now return back to regularly scheduled programming.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

From Harsin interview at Senior Bowl sounds like he will be looking outside of the current staff for OC/QB coach.  

Phan did he elaborate any more, like timeline etc?

9 minutes ago, shabby said:

Nothing i said stated i believe malzahn should be head coach. If the PTB fired Gus with 4 loss seasons and a season that had him winning 6 SEC games then Harsin ain't gonna get as much lattitude as you think. You used Gus to make an argument as to why Harsin would be safe. It was a faulty argument

They give your man Gus 8 years... Give Harsin 3 and evaluate then. That's my argument

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Phan did he elaborate any more, like timeline etc?

Not really, just said he wanted to make sure it is the right guy for the job.  Addressed Mason Leaving too, sounds like the rumors of him lying to players and coaches is true.  Addressed Davis as well, sounds like Davis is dealing with some personal issues.  Said something to the affect of him getting better is most important right now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

That's extremely untrue. You definitely live in a rural Alabama town to say that. Bama fans are obsessed with him and act like people outside the state actually care about the old allegations.

NFL players LOVE Cam. NFL fans in general do too. His return this year was a feel good story.

Lived in 3 large metro areas, none in AL. The only people I've came across that care for Cam are Auburn and Carolina fans. 

I love Cam, but I don't buy that he'd bring great publicity outside of our circles. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Lived in 3 large metro areas, none in AL. The only people I've came across that care for Cam are Auburn and Carolina fans. 

I love Cam, but I don't buy that he'd bring great publicity outside of our circles. 

Gotta agree.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Gotta agree.  

agree as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

From Harsin interview at Senior Bowl sounds like he will be looking outside of the current staff for OC/QB coach.  

A couple names I’ve seen mentioned are Dameyune Craig and Tee Martin.  Don’t know if Harsin is interested in either of them or vice versa.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Since Dye served his 12 yrs, Chizik served the lowest tenure (4 yrs) off the last 5 HC's at Auburn. 

And Chizik was not scandaless (is that a word?)  He went through the colonoscopy of Cecil Newton and the crap that entailed and won the 1st NC in +50 yrs.  Chizik also had the "Hit a Lick Felony 4 gang" + the Michael Dyer fiasco + had Tim Jackson act as Cam Newton's shadow + hired security detail to control the players and enforce curfew.  

No NCAA issues.

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I think some of you Cats need to re examine your way of thinking. If Harsin is cut loose next year, we will be doing the same song and dance 2 years from then because we won't be able to hire anyone worth their salt to replace a coach who was fired after 2 seasons. 

Bruce has had 3 LOSING seasons in his 8 years at AU, including last year. Now, everyone wants to name the school after him. Please don't say comparing the 2 is apples and oranges. If anything, it's easier to turn around a BB program cause of the number of players needed. I'm all for locking Bruce up BTW..

Point being,  the football ain't an easy fix. Give the man more than 2 years to fix it..Sorry for the rant. Now return back to regularly scheduled programming.

I respectfully disagree in the past it was very hard to get a blue chip player to Auburn for basketball and there aren’t many in basketball to begin with.  Also in Basketball there is one and done. In basketball one player could be the difference in wins and losses. Had Shariff been able to play the entire season Auburn would have had a better record. Football u have to do 3 years. It’s apples to oranges. In theory in basketball u could be starting from scratch every year.

That's pretty criptic; re:Harsin comment on Mason:

“We had our conversations, and that was between him and me and our team,” Harsin said. “It came down to some things he talked to with our players about his situation, and that was between us.”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dilligas said:

A couple names I’ve seen mentioned are Dameyune Craig and Tee Martin.  Don’t know if Harsin is interested in either of them or vice versa.

image.gif.abcfc3550469b80695990d3c3c21a21f.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, dilligas said:

I don't know what T Martin is doing these days or his coaching record.  I do not think Dameyune is OC material.  He's a good recruiter.  I don't see the coaching pedigree to lead Auburn's offense.

I am not going to read all of these posts, since it is apparent most of them are either off topic or have a negative agenda.

Does anyone have any solid insight as to why Austin left, or are we resigned to the belief that Harsin is just a terrible coach who is not going to succeed?

Could a rational explanation like Austin  took time off from coaching because he wants to do something crazy (like save his marriage) be what’s really happening?

I have no clue what’s going on, but the emotional maturity displayed by about four or five of you is astounding.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

L. O. L. 

I got to say, as a woman myself, being accused of mansplaining something is a first. 

Your obviously the Female face of the Patriarchy.  I'm literally shaking right now.

10 minutes ago, e808 said:

I respectfully disagree in the past it was very hard to get a blue chip player to Auburn for basketball and there aren’t many in basketball to begin with.  Also in Basketball there is one and done. In basketball one player could be the difference in wins and losses. Had Shariff been able to play the entire season Auburn would have had a better record. Football u have to do 3 years. It’s apples to oranges. In theory in basketball u could be starting from scratch every year.

It's one and done in all sports w the portal