Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

17 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

People have named the candidates they know. We have a fella named Bodie in the mix. Other than that, nobody knows sh*t. Here I’ll pull a Jboy.

Hearing from a reliable source that Dameyune Craig and……wait for it…..

Dell McGee are the top candidates. 

If it’s someone else, some stuff went down behind the scenes of no fault of Harsin’s and it didn’t work out.

I actually have heard DC's name mentioned, but not DM. Also heard Tee Martin might get a look. But here's the deal, no one has known anything since Harsin has been on the plains. People are just throwing names out there to see if anything sticks. My guess is, Kiesau gets the nod and maybe some young up and comer gets hired to coach WRs. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

My guess is, Kiesau gets the nod and maybe some young up and comer gets hired to coach WRs. 

That was my guess when Bobo was fired. 

I wonder if Harsin calling plays allows a structure where Kiesau can focus on other OC duties and also still stay involved with the WRs somewhat. 

I have no idea how any of this works. 

If Harsin is going to call the plays, which he will, does he also plan on being the QB coach? If he does, Dell McGee could come clean up on recruiting. 

I'd prefer if we found a solid QB coach that can also recruit. Don't know that DC would fit the mold of solid QB coach, but he could recruit. 

• Like 1

Can we at least dock this guy’s pay like Harbaugh’s? If he wants to preach accountability, put your money where your mouth is 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
why did no one tell me I didnt use the word "pay"???
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

People have named the candidates they know. We have a fella named Bodie in the mix. Other than that, nobody knows sh*t. Here I’ll pull a Jboy.

Hearing from a reliable source that Dameyune Craig and……wait for it…..

Dell McGee are the top candidates. 

If it’s someone else, some stuff went down behind the scenes of no fault of Harsin’s and it didn’t work out.

Dell McGee once again. Must feel great being the fourth or fifth option. Surely he has learned from winning programs.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Dell McGee once again. Must feel great being the fourth or fifth option. Surely he has learned from winning programs.

He'll turn us down once again, just like he turned Harsin down last year.  idk why ppl keep bring him up every time

• Haha 1

I’m going to state this with some oomph. 

Dell McGee is not coming to Auburn. 

Now carry on about this **** Harsin’s created and will either thrive with or land on his own “accountability” sword. 

Just now, cbo said:

If it's going to be Kiesau, just go ahead and do it. It will look even worse if it takes a couple weeks for that outcome. 

He may need a couple of more weeks to feel “ready” to be an OC

• Haha 2

Just now, cbo said:

If it's going to be Kiesau, just go ahead and do it. It will look even worse if it takes a couple weeks for that outcome. 

Harsin for whatever reason does this stuff. I am hoping he is an evil genius because there will be a lot a crow to give. This is why I am not going to turn my back on him completely.

• Like 1

Just now, Taco said:

He may need a couple of more weeks to feel “ready” to be an OC

"Are you ready, now? ...

How about now?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Harsin for whatever reason does this stuff. I am hoping he is an evil genius because there will be a lot a crow to give. This is why I am not going to turn my back on him completely.

I really hope he is. I'm sure I will manage some optimism before the season starts, like I always do. Don't have much at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

I really hope he is. I'm sure I will manage some optimism before the season starts, like I always do. Don't have much at the moment. 

I got you bro!  Football season and spring ball needs to get here. This time is blah for most fans.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cbo said:

With Schmed it was pretty much immediate.  IDK, if Kiesau isn't OC by the weekend I think it'll be someone else.  It will look really stupid if we wait 4 weeks then just hire Kiesau

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

It will look really stupid if we wait 4 weeks then just hire Kiesau

That's what I'm afraid of. It's time to at least stop looking stupid. 

I will say that I think CBP has shown the blueprint in building a program at a place like Auburn. The first thing is you have to be charismatic, which is seems CBH completely lacks. It was one of the reasons I wanted Napier. Recruits and players seemed to love him. A younger, energetic guy to revamp the program. Hopefully that rigidity changes a bit. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

On 2/1/2022 at 8:46 AM, wcware said:

Players leaking will be a huge part of every single season going forward. This is the new normal.

Not quite on point. I believe Auburn is way ahead of most SEC teams in players lots. As of Jan 26, Auburn was #3 in the conference in transfers out, #9 in the Power 5. So yes, transfers are normal. And no, Auburn's situation is not.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DAG said:

I will say that I think CBP has shown the blueprint in building a program at a place like Auburn. The first thing is you have to be charismatic, which is seems CBH completely lacks. It was one of the reasons I wanted Napier. Recruits and players seemed to love him. A younger, energetic guy to revamp the program. Hopefully that rigidity changes a bit. 

Started reading thinking you were about to explain how his blue print is working.

36 minutes ago, DAG said:

Honestly, from my very admittedly uneducated standpoint, this entire Harsin episode seems a lesson in how not to build a program in itself. (Part of your point) He was hired supposedly on a long term plan. He then proceeds to lose half his coaching staff in year one, hire an OC who apparently had some personal issues that escaped vetting and has now left before signing day, almost completely fail in recruiting when it was a top of the list priority due to the neglect of the previous coach and - as you said - almost entirely fail to sell what you're cooking to the fanbase in any way. 

The amount of catch-up Harsin has created for himself ON TOP OF what Malzahn had already left seems insurmountable for one coach in today's SEC, which makes me fear we absolutely are on the Tennessee road to get back into things. 

In short, thank the heavens for Auburn basketball. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, DAG said:

It's going to have to. Even Saban lightens up and has his version of a good time with recruits and players. CBH has to find that, because you can be a Hard A when you're winning, but it'll break a program if you aren't. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

Not quite on point. I believe Auburn is way ahead of most SEC teams in players lots. As of Jan 26, Auburn was #3 in the conference in transfers out, #9 in the Power 5. So yes, transfers are normal. And no, Auburn's situation is not.

Where do we rank in Power 5 teams with a first year coach? (If you have that info)

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

It's going to have to. Even Saban lightens up and has his version of a good time with recruits and players. CBH has to find that, because you can be a Hard A when you're winning, but it'll break a program if you aren't. 

The thing about NS is even though he can be an a**hole, he can be a caring a**hole. He shows emotions and loyalty to his players. I loved how he supported his two star players after the loss of the NC game. But he has been doing that since his east Lansing days as well. I've seen videos of him two stepping with parents while recruiting. He also is a willing learning and knows when to shut his mouth and when to teach. It just seems like CBH takes a hard approach all the time and tries to look stoic. This is just my opinion of course.

• Like 2

I haven't read this whole thread, I apologize if this is the wrong place...but what is happening to Auburn football is absolutely disheartening. For me, I feel like Gus resigned us to defeat. You normally knew pretty early in the game if we were going to destroy an opponent or basically just not show up on offense. We knew going into each season that we'd most likely have 4 games like that per year. We braced for it...it was inevitable. 

What Harsin has done is even worse, he has removed hope that it will get better. We are a dumpster fire right now, and only making the press for all the wrong reasons. The revolving door of coaches and players leaves us on a shaky footing that could devolve into a Tennessee winter. I fear the worst at this point honestly. 

6 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

The revolving door of coaches and players 

I do believe that part's going to stop. He's replacing the outgoing coaches with guys who followed him here. Once they're all in place I think we'll see the roster numbers level out, too... if he survives long enough for that to happen.

Will he get kids talented enough to compete, though? That's where my optimism has nose dived. 

• Like 1