Head Coaching Search 2022

Zeek

4 hours ago, VegasEagle said:

Prime Time! Buy him a good OC and DC and BOOM! The big star players will be running to us. He can be bought. 

I was just looking at the responses that you received. Whats with all the thumbs down and face palms that people are giving when it comes to Sanders? he might not be your cup of tea but to an 18 to 22 year old he might be just what they want. Remember we dont play we just watch and tell everyone else what they should do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

Ray might be able to convince Ed Reed to coach DBs.  I'm not sure where or what, but ER is in the coaching ranks.  I think he was Chief of Staff at Miami.

WDE!

Well our hypothetical coaching staff of Ray, Ed and Deion was just mentioned on F'Baum. Looks like the Forum has a following in Texas. We just need an equally outrageous coaching staff now on the offensive side.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Well our hypothetical coaching staff of Ray, Ed and Deion was just mentioned on F'Baum. Looks like the Forum has a following in Texas. We just need an equally outrageous coaching staff now on the offensive side.

Yes, and I facepalmed.  

1 minute ago, Hay Field 101 said:

I was just looking at the responses that you received. Whats with all the thumbs down and face palms that people are giving when it comes to Sanders? he might not be your cup of tea but to an 18 to 22 year old he might be just what they want. Remember we dont play we just watch and tell everyone else what they should do.

He's a NCAA sanction waiting to happen.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Posters can dream all they want about Tucker, Kiffin, Aranda, Freeze, Rhule, Fickell etc., but as @TeamZero77 pointed out in another thread, Auburn's most accomplished hire since Shug was Harsin. If we were going to make a "splash hire" it would've been last year when we dismissed the guy who had 8 straight winning years with 3 wins against Saban, a BCS championship game appearance blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Temper your expectations people...you'll feel better when the underwhelming hire is made.

Maybe they will bring your fav from UCF!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Maybe they will bring your fav from UCF!!

Never was a fan of Gustav. While I appreciate the job he done here, I never fully got on the bus. Try that one with someone else.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Never was a fan of Gustav. While I appreciate the job he done here, I never fully got on the bus. Try that one with someone else.

Agree here. Problem with riding a bus is it makes lots of stops, uncomfortable ride, takes a long time to get where you are headed, some people on bus can’t be pleased, but cheap price so you kinda have to deal with it!

Edited by Hopsing
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

My problem is he's not really proven enough as a coach to run a daggum SEC program.

Let him prove it at a D1 program first.

• Like 1

Just now, passthebiscuits said:

It’s Freeze. 

You sound pretty definitive my friend. 

Auburn fans during a coaching search...

The anticipation 

giphy-19-1506030397.gif.1942d26bee57852eb8afad2edae56a3d.gif

The press conference

200w.gif.95920489a3c72795fe1ddec4a095e3ee.gif

The reaction

zOv.gif.0f18a20defdac6767c705d10dd0afbf3.gif

Edited by gr82be
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

It’s Freeze. 

Wasn't he the dude that was coaching with a headset on while he was in a hospital bed?  Or am I thinking of someone else?

• Like 2

One I didn't think about. Brian Flores. We'd never do it, but would be legit. Pretty successful with the Dolphins, a hard a** like Harsin, and bet he could recruit big time

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Auburn fans during a coaching search...

The anticipation 

giphy-19-1506030397.gif.1942d26bee57852eb8afad2edae56a3d.gif

The press conference

200w.gif.95920489a3c72795fe1ddec4a095e3ee.gif

The reaction

zOv.gif.0f18a20defdac6767c705d10dd0afbf3.gif

You win the internet today 😂

4 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Wasn't he the dude that was coaching with a headset on while he was in a hospital bed?  Or am I thinking of someone else?

Yep, that was Freeze 😂  He coached Liberty’s opener from the hospital AND held a press conference 😂

93E83D16-D81F-439F-835A-161157B02BC9.jpeg

7FECA3BC-1C21-4EA3-B633-810B16F331AC.png

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

I can do outrageous.....

One word, two hyphens.....coach-by-committee.  We pay four different quasi-retired HCs $2M to prepare for and call three games each.  I have a feeling the post season wouldn't be an issue.

Similar idea aimed at the PTB.....six letters, all caps.....STFUHC.  We post a sign-up sheet in a swanky suite in Jordan-Hare.  Boosters pledge $2M each to coach one game.  Two games, $4M, and so on.  You win, you keep half of your pledge.  You lose, you STFU.

WDE!

14 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

It’s Freeze. 

There were rumors that Gogue was against that. Guess they talked him into it or those were false

15 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

It’s Freeze. 

Thanks for all the info u provide. Im pumped.