I think our coach gets it now

aubiefifty

On 3/2/2022 at 5:53 PM, Sizzle said:

And there was a lot of people talking sh** about Smoke’s comments about that specifically but it looks like he actually had a point 

Everyone called him soft and some other dumb s***.

I'm glad Harsin is adjusting and hope this is proof, but it's absolutely amazing someone can make 6,000,000 a year and doesn't understand basic s*** like this.  Hope it's a step in the right direction

• Like 2

The BIG ??? for recruits is how will this transfer to the football field??? Playing time is important, but they want to WIN...on a 6 game loosing streak has some recruits questioning coach and this program...

46 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

The BIG ??? for recruits is how will this transfer to the football field??? Playing time is important, but they want to WIN...on a 6 game loosing streak has some recruits questioning coach and this program...

Damn, now we're just making up losses

Losses aren't a big challenge in recruiting for a 1st year coach. In fact, they're easily repackaged as opportunity. That's what makes the shortcomings of this '22 class more frustrating. We had a golden opportunity to sell early reps at our two biggest positions of need and only somewhat cashed in. (I'm still hopeful for a major WR signing when the spring transfer market heats up.)

Years 6, 7 and 8 are a different story. That's a coach who just isn't going to make his team better. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 10:42 PM, Didba said:

you are right, we are very lucky.

You have to admit that these are things someone shouldn't need to be told.  You get paid $6 mil plus a year, it shouldn't take your boss and a legal team to stress the importance of how your actions lead to perceptions that can damage the program you lead.  That said, I am glad he is attempting to change.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You have to admit that these are things someone shouldn't need to be told.  You get paid $6 mil plus a year, it shouldn't take your boss and a legal team to stress the importance of how your actions lead to perceptions that can damage the program you lead.  That said, I am glad he is attempting to change.

My comment was not serious, it was a tongue in cheek jab.  However, I'd like to say I don't think the legal team or the boss did that.  I don't think Harsin needed to be told anything re: actions and perception.  The supposed actions that damaged the programs perception were all patently false or he would have been fired for cause.  They were rumors and rumblings that message boards/forums ran with and it hit mainstream media, blew up and the PTB that were already look for a reason to fire him for cause ran with it as well, leading to the University being forced into investigating.   Harsin's actions didn't damage the perception of the school, if anything it was the school and the PTB's completely mishandling of the situation that led to damage to the school's perception.  IMO.

Now some of his omitted actions re: recruiting and building relationships with high school coaches, yeah I could see the boss mentioning to Harsin to take a different course of action on that but I don't think you were referring to that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Didba said:

The supposed actions that damaged the programs perception were all patently false or he would have been fired for cause.

That's not an accurate statement. That's like saying that a not guilty verdict proves innocence. 

All that the end result of that situation proves is that Auburn wasn't confident they could fire Harsin with cause. It doesn't mean that there's no truth to the accusations whatsoever or that Harsin didn't damage perception of the program with his actions. 

I assure you that there are former players and staff out in the world telling stories and some of them are probably true. Some folks like it when I invoke Occam's razor, so here goes: Occam's razor takes you to a conclusion that Harsin stepped in it and is fortunate to have a chance to get it right. I'd say that most of his critics have moved on, so it would seem to behoove the entire fanbase to follow suit. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 3

Speaking of I think Harsin gets it now. I just heard that Marquis Robinson is considering returning after entering the portal? That would be excellent news! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That's not an accurate statement. That's like saying that a not guilty verdict proves innocence. 

All that the end result of that situation proves is that Auburn wasn't confident they could fire Harsin with cause. It doesn't mean that there's no truth to the accusations whatsoever or that Harsin didn't damage perception of the program with his actions. 

I assure you that there are former players and staff out in the world telling stories and some of them are probably true. Some folks like it when I invoke Occam's razor, so here goes: Occam's razor takes you to a conclusion that Harsin stepped in it and is fortunate to have a chance to get it right. I'd say that most of his critics have moved on, so it would seem to behoove the entire fanbase to follow suit. 

ugh, I responded to this and then accidentally deleted it.  Absolutely the worst because now I don't feel like typing out my response again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He will "not get it" until our recruiting has a MAJOR uptick. Until then this is all lip service and the typical sunshine pumping all fans of teams do in the off season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/4/2022 at 11:18 AM, maryland tiger said:

Speaking of I think Harsin gets it now. I just heard that Marquis Robinson is considering returning after entering the portal? That would be excellent news! 

So, has Harsin revoked the policy of "If you enter the portal you can't come back", or was that only a rumored policy from fans wanting to promote a tough guy image for Harsin?

247 lists seven out-transfers from AU that have yet to sign with another school. That's as of 3/7/'22. Will Harsin take all seven back?  Cherry pick the ones he wants? With spring practice just around the corner it's time to make some decisions.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

or was that only a rumored policy from fans wanting to promote a tough guy image for Harsin?

Most likely this and ppl using the word "alpha" or "wold"