SEC Tournament

I don't think UF looks like they want to win; they don't seem to be able to close the gap and time is ticking away.

I say let them grind away at each other.  We should be able to best the winner of this game.

17 hours ago, 81spacetiger said:

looser of each game was shaded

The looser team usually wins. Hope our team isn’t tight. 

• Haha 2

Aggies blew their best chance in the game with that trap foul toward the end of regular time, and like a 9 pt (?) lead. 

Why try to trap at that point!!?? :no:

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

ATM with a 3 and one second left 

Glad we don’t have to face fl after they got super hot to end the A&M game. That’s scary when teams get in can’t miss mode. Plus I think just I’m general we match up better with A&M. They will play sound hard ball so we better come ready to play tomorrow

• Like 1

We would beat either team. Yes, Castleton is unstoppable, but it took 26 pts (incl 5 threes) from Appleby to beat us by 1 at a place we haven’t won in 26 yrs. Plus Green’s worst game of the season 5 pts (0 threes).

A&M looked horrible when we beat them. I realize they’re shooting better since then, but still a very average team. Our suffocating D will be the difference again. 

• Like 1

I agree.  We are the better team.   Take care of business and we’ll win tomorrow!    Our defense, and our front court matchups should be enough to win without too much stress.   

I wanted A&M to win just because Florida has some home crowd advantage in Tampa. But if we can't beat A&M and Florida, the big dance is going to be quite a challenge.

• Like 1

A&M just doesn't match up well with us. Using a 4 guard lineup means a lot of 3s but they aren't particularly good at 3s. So it means they'll have to drive more into the paint where Kessler is. The A&M game was one of Kessler's triple doubles and if he's recovered fully from the shoulder injury I don't see A&M having much success.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

A&M just doesn't match up well with us. Using a 4 guard lineup means a lot of 3s but they aren't particularly good at 3s. So it means they'll have to drive more into the pain where Kessler is. The A&M game was one of Kessler's triple doubles and if he's recovered fully from the shoulder injury I don't see A&M having much success.

They are also very much a jekyll and Hyde team.  Remember they started the year winning their first handful of SEC games, then went on a very long 9 or 10 game losing streak, then currently on 5 game win streak. Peculiar. 

It would be nice if Auburn was not to fall behind early, and not go into a scoring funk in the second half. Just to see how badly they could beat a team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

They are also very much a jekyll and Hyde team.  Remember they started the year winning their first handful of SEC games, then went on a very long 9 or 10 game losing streak, then currently on 5 game win streak. Peculiar. 

I think that has more to due with who they were playing. First 4 games were @ Georgia, Arkansas (before they figured things ou)t, Ole MIss, and @ Missouri. So games against 3 of the worst 5 in our league and Arky when they were also on a losing streak. Then they go against the hard part of their schedule: KY, at Arky, at LSU, South Carolina, at TN, at Auburn. Finished the year: Georgia, at Ole Miss, at Alabama (the only really surprising result), MS State.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, 81spacetiger said:

uga coach got canned today

I was hoping for an extension for him at THUGA. Darn!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I think that has more to due with who they were playing. First 4 games were @ Georgia, Arkansas (before they figured things ou)t, Ole MIss, and @ Missouri. So games against 3 of the worst 5 in our league and Arky when they were also on a losing streak. Then they go against the hard part of their schedule: KY, at Arky, at LSU, South Carolina, at TN, at Auburn. Finished the year: Georgia, at Ole Miss, at Alabama (the only really surprising result), MS State.

That makes sense.