Recruiting is so vital

aubiefifty

to us. i just read a quote from a buddy on the rant and he said this........"Auburn has played against 10 first rounders so far. “this was posted on the 28th so i am sure we might can add more and we still have to finish the draft altho i admit i doubt there are any five stars left. this is the kind of thing our tigers face every single year. i realize how critical this is but i will never understand why a bright young coach did not get this and let recruiting fail the first year. he should have already been up to speed on recruiting i would think. now he is a year behind and he might not make it long enough to get our fair share of players that might make a difference.

• Like 1

Gotta be patient. Can’t hire and fire coaches every couple years or we won’t ever be at the level we want the team to be at.

We also have to put a good product on the field, recruits are always going to be interested in Auburn but we have to show we can develop and win games

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Gotta be patient. Can’t hire and fire coaches every couple years or we won’t ever be at the level we want the team to be at.

We also have to put a good product on the field, recruits are always going to be interested in Auburn but we have to show we can develop and win games

Completely agree.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

to us. i just read a quote from a buddy on the rant and he said this........"Auburn has played against 10 first rounders so far. “this was posted on the 28th so i am sure we might can add more and we still have to finish the draft altho i admit i doubt there are any five stars left. this is the kind of thing our tigers face every single year. i realize how critical this is but i will never understand why a bright young coach did not get this and let recruiting fail the first year. he should have already been up to speed on recruiting i would think. now he is a year behind and he might not make it long enough to get our fair share of players that might make a difference.

Do you really think he just let recruiting fail? Do you think he didn’t try or that coach was just lazy and didn’t care. We are all disappointed that recruiting didn’t go better but I don’t think CBH just allowed it to happen. I believe the coaches are working hard to build relationships with highschool coaches and recruits and that our recruiting will begin to improve! Hopefully to the expectations of all Auburn fans!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With NIL and the transfer portal, recruiting is much less important than it once was. Since college football has come out of the closet snd admitted that it is a professional instead of an amateur sport, the only thing that matters is how much money the player is going to make.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, provibe said:

Do you really think he just let recruiting fail? Do you think he didn’t try or that coach was just lazy and didn’t care. We are all disappointed that recruiting didn’t go better but I don’t think CBH just allowed it to happen. I believe the coaches are working hard to build relationships with highschool coaches and recruits and that our recruiting will begin to improve! Hopefully to the expectations of all Auburn fans!

that is not what is being said. it is being reported by several folks on this board. ask some folks or donate enough to get in the eagles nest and you shall see my fellow auburn fan. in face one person said he did not think he had to recruit that hard to beat anyone he could just coach up what he had. why do you think so many are unhappy with harsin? this is why there is such a difference between last year and this year. ask someone but i have no reason to lie about it. i want harsin to do well.

Haven’t we all ridden this merry go round before? Yes…there have been some befuddling things over the last year and a half. College football was in a huge transition with NIL and the portal. My sense is Auburn was especially behind the power curve on NIL. Subject to correction, but my understanding of the rules is NIL is outside the scope of the coaches. 

Im far more concerned with moving forward than looking back. My belief is stability and on-field progress is paramount. Too many out there still wanting to can Harsin. At this point patience is the order of the day. JMHO

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Haven’t we all ridden this merry go round before? Yes…there have been some befuddling things over the last year and a half. College football was in a huge transition with NIL and the portal. My sense is Auburn was especially behind the power curve on NIL. Subject to correction, but my understanding of the rules is NIL is outside the scope of the coaches. 

Im far more concerned with moving forward than looking back. My belief is stability and on-field progress is paramount. Too many out there still wanting to can Harsin. At this point patience is the order of the day. JMHO

i was telling the fellow what really happened. and it was true according to our insiders and i never heard it was about the nil. again i am all for harsin to succeed. i like the man and people make mistakes. he has said in one of the articles and in a video posted he pretty much has what he needs to succeed this year so i am excited but there are folks who have raised their eyebrows at this. i always want auburn to succeed. my family was mostly from auburn and my pops played for auburn on the frosh team in the early fifties. i am all for giving anyone a fair chance or shot if you will. i guess i wrote a book to say i am behind harsin and he deserves a fair chance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomcat said:

Yes, stability is important. However, it's more important that the guy you are choosing to be patient with is going to do a good job when given time. So far, there's little to indicate that. The recent flurry of activity on the recruiting trail should have started 16 months ago. On-field progress? His one season was worse than the previous season. That's not progress.

I want Harsin to succeed. I want him to finish 15-0 this coming year and win every national coach of the year award that there is. My wants and what I expect to happen are two very different things. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

that is not what is being said. it is being reported by several folks on this board. ask some folks or donate enough to get in the eagles nest and you shall see my fellow auburn fan. in face one person said he did not think he had to recruit that hard to beat anyone he could just coach up what he had. why do you think so many are unhappy with harsin? this is why there is such a difference between last year and this year. ask someone but i have no reason to lie about it. i want harsin to do well.

I don’t think that you would deliberately post something that was not true, but I’m afraid you and I and probably too many others believe way too much that is posted as the truth. I know you posted that someone posted something that you believed to be true, and “maybe” it was but to be honest I find way too much that is just rumors. After all that has been alleged about CBH, I personally have a hard time believing most of what is posted on here, after all , most is just opinions anyway and everyone has an opinion 

• Like 2

It’s a new era in college football history. NIL and NFL readiness is the most important part of big time college football. 75% of Div I college football is playing for a bowl game and a little pride. 20% hopes it can compete every now and then. 4% has a shot at winning a natty every now and then. 1% rules the narrative and the roost. We’re on the edge of the 20% and 4%. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Refer to my “circular argument” post. 

And once again, if you “traditionalists” get your way, we’re going to keep having a ridiculous, unfairly brutal schedule.

Edited by AUwent

2 hours ago, provibe said:

I don’t think that you would deliberately post something that was not true, but I’m afraid you and I and probably too many others believe way too much that is posted as the truth. I know you posted that someone posted something that you believed to be true, and “maybe” it was but to be honest I find way too much that is just rumors. After all that has been alleged about CBH, I personally have a hard time believing most of what is posted on here, after all , most is just opinions anyway and everyone has an opinion 

i have never been much of a liar but in my old age i get my facts confused. we two insiders both saying the same thing and still stand by it. and yes i am putting faith in what i heard but i could very easily be wrong. and yes i am sure we have all been had at one time or another. there was a huge discussion on the pay part and it just rang true to me. but i assure you i can be as wrong as anyone and if i ever am someone will call me out on it. they always call out the bull on this site. as for that bull about cbh it is in our best interest for him to succeed. we all want to win. but if he fails when he leaves some will be talking about how horrible auburn is and we did not give him a fair chance yada yada yada. personally i hope those that started some of the hurtful rumors get tracked down and dealt with but i doubt it ever happens. funny i heard it was someone from another scholl cranking on a sports board and i guess the press ran with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1