Vegas over/under on games won by Auburn: 5.5

homersapien

On 5/30/2022 at 11:08 PM, Gowebb11 said:

And you have a reading compression problem. I said the majority of the 19 portal transfers you referred to, not all. 

What is he trying to compress? Or is it he’s trying to read and compress at the same time? 😂

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2022 at 7:13 AM, passthebiscuits said:

100%

tell me the 6 wins. What’s our plan? Throw it deep to Shenker?

Many will just not believe it until they see it. Then again: Many on here still can’t believe Auburn was as bad as they were last year. I mean they literally have so many excuses they just refuse to believe, we were that bad!

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 8:53 AM, Didba said:

5-0 to start the year, 4-1 at worst. The plan is to run Harsin's offense and play sound defense.  Its a fairly simple concept tbh.

So you think Vegas is trying to lose money then? What is it going to take for some you to figure out Auburn football under Harsin is just not good! Las Vegas is purposely trying to lose gambling money?

I mean we have three or four complete gimme games, and the over under on wins is still 5.5. Figure it out!

• Like 3

On 6/1/2022 at 1:07 AM, e808 said:

Last years team had one guy drafted. However, those same people that would have drafted last year are still on the team. Does that make the team more talented. It’s basically the same team minus the person drafted. Then u have the McClain, Wooten  Mondays, Shivers and so forth that are gone. Say what u won’t about Zakoby but the guy was the heart and soul of the defense.

Not even mentioning the portal losses.

Even the talk shows have said Auburn is pretty good with the initial starters it’s after that when it gets murkey. A fairly health season will go along way.

I think the point is: if Auburn’s going to be so good, why are the Vegas odds on over/under wins at 5.5? Vegas is not in the business to lose money.

Even if people jump on the over and Auburn wins six games, is that a good season for Auburn?

• Like 3

On 6/3/2022 at 5:39 AM, W.E.D said:

lmao from a guying thinking Wooten was a good LB.

We lost a guy who couldn't get drafted and replaced him with a guy that is expected to get drafted, who was hurt all year.  Everyone else is the same, but more experienced.

Somehow that means we are drastically worse.

Yes Yes yes, I know you're a Bo-liever.  How could we ever replace a 3 year stater that ranked 11th of 14 QBs in the SEC

CZ was rated the 11th best quarterback in the portal and was Jimbo’s second string quarterback. Put CZ behind AU’s O-line, and his numbers wouldn’t be any better and probably worse than Bo’s.

When Bo had at least somewhat of an O-line, he was the SEC freshman of the year, he beat the turds, Jimbo and the Pac-10 champs his freshman year.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2022 at 7:52 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Man any Auburn football discussion is just pure misery. It's absolutely miserable we are really debating if we will actually win more than 5 games this upcoming season. Shows you how bad the state of the program is. And with how bleak recruiting is going doesn't look like it will get any better in the future. I know this post by me is not making it any better at all 😂😆. Muhhhh bad!!! All I ask is our next coach be someone we all love and make us feel the way that BRUUUUCE does. 💙🧡

Why can’t everyone read and comprehend this? People on here begging and praying for a 7 win season with three or four gimmes? Shows you how bad it has gotten.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 6/8/2022 at 11:42 PM, Rednilla said:

I think he's *only* a downgrade on paper, and that's not an admonishment of Bo. I hope like hell that Bo lights it up at Oregon, because to me he will always be a member of the Family, and I want to see him do well.

I also think he was best to transfer. Not because of Harsin, but because of the toxic relationship the fans have with him. I think he'll be better appreciated in Eugene, and I think all that pressure of being a legacy 5 star QB coming off will benefit him.

I also think that he and Harsin weren't quite seeing eye to eye. This isn't based upon anything other than a feel for the program, which admittedly could be off, but I don't get the feeling that Bo really bought into what Harsin is selling as far as what it takes to be the team leader at QB. 

And I think Calzada coming in as a new face helps with his relationship with the coaching staff. Instead of having everything at his current school flipped on its head, like Bo did a year and a half ago, Zach is making a clean break and coming into a new situation, and he knows the coaching staff actively wanted him to be a part of the team over other prospects. I would argue that helps one to buy in to the system more easily.

To be short, I think Calzada can be better than Bo could have been here this season, and I think Bo can be better at Oregon than he would have been at Auburn. Hopefully, it works out like that, and everyone is better off.

I respect what you wrote, and it was very well said. Bottom line to me: after Bo’s freshman year he was running for his life on almost every pass play. One is only going to be so successful playing behind that O-line.

Edited by AU-24

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

So you think Vegas is trying to lose money then? What is it going to take for some you to figure out Auburn football under Harsin is just not good! Las Vegas is purposely trying to lose gambling money?

I mean we have three or four complete gimme games, and the over under on wins is still 5.5. Figure it out!

This is prime satire...😂

@AUwent  Is this not satire? I honestly thought he was mocking Viper or TB?

Edited by Didba
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

What is he trying to compress? Or is it he’s trying to read and compress at the same time? 😂

I seem to recall he was trying to compress the comprehension. 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Why can’t everyone read and comprehend this? People on here begging and praying for a 7 win season with three or four gimmes? Shows you how bad it has gotten.

Tough, physical brand of football (TM)

I think we'd be set up for a 9 win season had Harsin done what he should've in December/January.

@Didba: To answer your question, he's rhetorically asking if we deserve a rosier outlook from Vegas.

Edited by AUwent
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AU-24 said:

When Bo had at least somewhat of an O-line, he was the SEC freshman of the year, he beat the turds, Jimbo and the Pac-10 champs his freshman year.

So CZ will have a better OL than he did w/ the Aggies (go look at stats, he was the most under pressure QB).

Lmao at those credits for Bo.  Yeah, he won those games throwing for 150 yards.

• Facepalm 3

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Lmao at those credits for Bo.  Yeah, he won those games throwing for 150 yards.

Here, I bolded the important part for you. You seem to have missed it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Here, I bolded the important part for you. You seem to have missed it.

Calzada beat Bama last year and the game was actually a result of his good play vs multiple pick 6s.

I guess we are set at QB if that is the standard. 

Last years team was also probably much better than the team Bo beat with a back up QB

51 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Calzada beat Bama last year and the game was actually a result of his good play vs multiple pick 6s.

I guess we are set at QB if that is the standard. 

Last years team was also probably much better than the team Bo beat with a back up QB

Last year‘s turd team lost to A&M with a 2nd string QB and Georgia. How are they better than the team Bo beat? And again, what you failed to address… CZ rated as the 11th best quarterback in the portal. Do you understand what that means? That means there were 10 quarterbacks in the portal alone, rated higher than CZ, Jimbo's 2nd string guy. Then comes the question, why did CZ enter the portal in the first place? Because he was again not going to be the starter at A&M. Do you realize this? You can’t let your hatred for Bo, override common sense.

Back to the discussion: Vegas Odds makers, have the Auburn wins over-under at 5.5 games. Do you understand how bad this is? This is all we are saying. Again, don’t let your hatred for certain Auburn former coaches and players override your common sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Last year‘s turd team lost to A&M with a 2nd string QB and Georgia

Bryce Young >>>>> 0 Starts Jones

Edited by W.E.D

34 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Bryce Young >>>>> 0 Starts Jones

Please consider meditating on the common sense issue I mentioned above. 🙏

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Last year‘s turd team lost to A&M with a 2nd string QB and Georgia. How are they better than the team Bo beat? And again, what you failed to address… CZ rated as the 11th best quarterback in the portal. Do you understand what that means? That means there were 10 quarterbacks in the portal alone, rated higher than CZ, Jimbo's 2nd string guy. Then comes the question, why did CZ enter the portal in the first place? Because he was again not going to be the starter at A&M. Do you realize this? You can’t let your hatred for Bo, override common sense.

Back to the discussion: Vegas Odds makers, have the Auburn wins over-under at 5.5 games. Do you understand how bad this is? This is all we are saying. Again, don’t let your hatred for certain Auburn former coaches and players override your common sense.

Serious ? For you.. What difference does it make what Vegas says? Like I posted earlier. It's talking season . If your convinced the season is gonna be in the toilet, load up and put your chips down. You may be rich come the end of the season.

Edited by NWALA Tiger

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What difference does it make what Vegas says?

What it matters is that they are impartial, look at the factors involved and publish a starting point for bettors. If they think 5.5 wins is the break-point for Auburn, we're in a tough situation.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What it matters is that they are impartial, look at the factors involved and publish a starting point for bettors. If they think 5.5 wins is the break-point for Auburn, we're in a tough situation.

Perhaps. But, to me it's pointless to gage a team until the season starts. That's why they wait till mid Oct for the 1st CFP poll to come out

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

I believe  they had us at 6.5 over under last year but you said you put us at 10-2. If you didn’t pay any attention to it last year why should we this year?

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I believe  they had us at 6.5 over under last year but you said you put us at 10-2. If you didn’t pay any attention to it last year why should we this year?

Because my personal observation of what personnel & coaching was available last year didn't agree with the prognosticators. 10-2 should have been doable last year, given my expectations for superior coaching to go with an experienced roster that had never had a losing season. This season I'm sadly older and wiser and what I see is somewhere around 4-8 or 5-7. Their 5.5 seems slightly optimistic given all the factors involved.

12 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Perhaps. But, to me it's pointless to gage a team until the season starts. That's why they wait till mid Oct for the 1st CFP poll to come out

But predictions are fun and they are free, unless one is silly enough to bet money on them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Because my personal observation of what personnel & coaching was available last year didn't agree with the prognosticators. 10-2 should have been doable last year, given my expectations for superior coaching to go with an experienced roster that had never had a losing season. This season I'm sadly older and wiser and what I see is somewhere around 4-8 or 5-7. Their 5.5 seems slightly optimistic given all the factors involved.

But predictions are fun and they are free, unless one is silly enough to bet money on them.

So, u think it's fun to predict AU will 5 games max?

• Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Well, I always throw $100 on the o/u win total for Auburn, I've lost that $$ for years.  I always think we'll do better than Vegas thinks.  I'll ride with another over bet for $100 for this season and hope for the best. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So, u think it's fun to predict AU will 5 games max?

I think predictions are fun. If the state of the Auburn program is such that it takes an optimist to predict 6 wins, that's a sad story, but it's a different story.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I think predictions are fun. If the state of the Auburn program is such that it takes an optimist to predict 6 wins, that's a sad story, but it's a different story.

But your predicting 3 or 4 wins correct?

• Facepalm 2