Hosting Regional

If we were to somehow escape this Regional we would most likely have to play Oregon State or Vandy. 

My KSU Owls are headed to Hattiesburg. Glad they didn't wind up in Auburn. I would have missed due to vacation and I would've been so pissed lol hope we meet in Omaha.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, woodford said:

If we were to somehow escape this Regional we would most likely have to play Oregon State or Vandy. 

My KSU Owls are headed to Hattiesburg. Glad they didn't wind up in Auburn. I would have missed due to vacation and I would've been so pissed lol hope we meet in Omaha.

That regional is a good example of how you'd almost wish you were a high 2 seed than one of the last 1's imo. Sorta of like we've had before. LSU gets KSU opening round and Southern Miss after that assuming both win. Then gets Miami regional winner. Tough because I'm pumped to host, but there is a small part of me that wishes we were a high 2, lol

7 hours ago, au302 said:

That regional is a good example of how you'd almost wish you were a high 2 seed than one of the last 1's imo. Sorta of like we've had before. LSU gets KSU opening round and Southern Miss after that assuming both win. Then gets Miami regional winner. Tough because I'm pumped to host, but there is a small part of me that wishes we were a high 2, lol

Great point. I think Auburn is capable of winning but getting bounced that easy from the SEC tourney has me a little worried. Auburn athletics could use the good news of a Supers appearance. 

If nothing else, finally and at last FSU comes HERE to play instead of AU going down there. I still refer to FSU as FSCW (Florida State College for Women). My great aunt went to FSCW. Her daughter went to FSU. Same buildings, just a different name. :)

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 8:28 AM, Mikey said:

If nothing else, finally and at last FSU comes HERE to play instead of AU going down there. I still refer to FSU as FSCW (Florida State College for Women). My great aunt went to FSCW. Her daughter went to FSU. Same buildings, just a different name. :)

Seemed for years we were destined toTallahassee regionals time.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2022 at 11:07 PM, au302 said:

Well we were on the hosting bubble in 2018 and we wound up being the 2 seed for the 16th seed's regional in NCSU, and got set up with the 1 seed Florida in the super. Just because you're one of the twos that was on the hosting bubble doesn't mean you'll get a better draw if you advance out of your regional as the two seed. I'd rather host in that scenario over that.

Edited by warbiscuit

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

FSU wins Game 1 over UCLA 5-3

Dang it. 

Good news is FSU had to use their Ace Messick and three top relievers in Game 1 though.

• Love 1

Let's win our game first lol.  Our region is solid 1 through 4. Go Tigers!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Let's win our game first lol.  Our region is solid 1 through 4. Go Tigers!

I don't have that losin' feelin' today. We'll win this one no problem. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I don't have that losin' feelin' today. We'll win this one no problem. 

Well after that first inning I felt a lot better too hehe. 

• Like 1

I know right... but when I see the guys baseball facilities compared to the ladies softball facilities it is night and day. It is very sad as they are no where near being similar or equal...... not an opinion but an observation....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU1947 said:

I know right... but when I see the guys baseball facilities compared to the ladies softball facilities it is night and day. It is very sad as they are no where near being similar or equal...... not an opinion but an observation....

Softball had to use the Kinesiology building for data tracking while baseball got its own stuff for that. I know because while doing research with the Kinesiology building, we worked with the softball team many times, but the baseball team would never do so.

• Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, warbiscuit said:

Softball had to use the Kinesiology building for data tracking while baseball got its own stuff for that. I know because while doing research with the Kinesiology building, we worked with the softball team many times, but the baseball team would never do so.

If any of you have daughters who play softball it's well worth having them go to the Kinesiology building and have them go through strength/agility/hitting testing with them. They are always looking for girls for testing. They do throwing as well, but we didn't have time for that. They'll send them a Rapsodo report with the exit velocities and all that stuff, plus a write up that includes recommended stretches and things of that nature. We did it earlier this year, my daughter enjoyed it. Worth the drive back and forth from Atlanta.

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

If any of you have daughters who play softball it's well worth having them go to the Kinesiology building and have them go through strength/agility/hitting testing with them. They are always looking for girls for testing. They do throwing as well, but we didn't have time for that. They'll send them a Rapsodo report with the exit velocities and all that stuff, plus a write up that includes recommended stretches and things of that nature. We did it earlier this year, my daughter enjoyed it. Worth the drive back and forth from Atlanta.

I do not but that is good information! Thanks for sharing...

6 hours ago, Tiger1992 said:

Yeah I had to hold the wires for kids so they don't fly off when they throw. Most kids are coordinated enough to catch balls so the ball doesn't hit you, but I've had some kids that had no business being there with their coordination being really bad to where I had to duck when the catcher threw the ball back(don't have a glove because both hands were busy with the wires). 

Honestly, the Kinesiology department is really good for Auburn. I just wish they had more usage than just the US Olympic Handball teams or Polo or the Auburn softball teams. I guess it's easier to do your own stuff as a baseball team if tracking is in your own stadium but I wish the baseball team worked with us more. But we did have an MLB team scout show up and look into working with us right before COVID :(