2022 "The Basketball Tournament" (TBT) War Ready AU Alumni Team

au302

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Former-Auburn-players-to-compete-in-The-Basketball-Tournament-189073604/

Just saw this article from Mark Murphy. Looking at the roster, we thinking this will be the year that they finally win a game in this event without getting run out the gym? Not sure if anyone on here follows this team closely, I don't, but figured I'd ask. I've watched the past two years and it was so painful that I had to turn it off. 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

How much to get Sharife on it? I think we need a NIL for that 

That was my thought exactly. Plenty of height and more scoring this year, especaially now that Heron is on the team. He and Dunans should be able to get to the hoop, with kick outs to Purifoy and Dunbar. But no PG at all may hurt. They could really use Sharife, Harper or perhaps even Canty. I'm also a bit surprised not to see one out of Samir, Bryce, Horace, and Wiley. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

That was my thought exactly. Plenty of height and more scoring this year, especaially now that Heron is on the team. He and Dunans should be able to get to the hoop, with kick outs to Purifoy and Dunbar. But no PG at all may hurt. They could really use Sharife, Harper or perhaps even Canty. I'm also a bit surprised not to see one out of Samir, Bryce, Horace, and Wiley. 

I believe they had 2/4s of that list on the last team iirc. The novelty probably wore off for the guys who could spend that time working overseas or trying out for a real team 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

Yea the roster building for this squad has seemed to absolutely suck for the past 3 years they've done it. They probably need an AU connected guy who knows the players better to take over as GM. I'm sure we have former student managers that are now coaching HS or something that would be the GM, lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

Dunans 

• Haha 4

So Frankie getting to coach his kid brother is pretty cool. I’ll watch…again…but if they look awful and get blown out I’m gonna change the channel lol. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 4:34 PM, NoALtiger said:

So Frankie getting to coach his kid brother is pretty cool. I’ll watch…again…but if they look awful and get blown out I’m gonna change the channel lol. 

Who is his kid brother? 

Also it looks like the roster has been updated to include Bryce Brown and a couple of PGs to go along with Heron & Dunans as slashers and some 3&D guys. Now the roster is a bit short on height...PI.  But as long as Purifoy, Cokely, Hester, and Dunbar can handle other team's bigs (WoCo surprisingly has height), they should be better this year. Tim Quarterman is also an interesting add; at least he's a Tiger and I wonder if he plays with an AU alum overseas. 

https://thetournament.com/teams/war-ready/

Edited by HAPvsOA
added TBT site link
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

Who is his kid brother? 

Also it looks like the roster has been updated to include Bryce Brown and a couple of PGs to go along with Heron & Dunans as slashers and some 3&D guys. Now the roster is a bit short on height...PI.  But as long as Purifoy, Cokely, Hester, and Dunbar can handle other team's bigs (WoCo surprisingly has height), they should be better this year. Tim Quarterman is also an interesting add; at least he's a Tiger and I wonder if he plays with an AU alum overseas. 

Lewis, he was listed on the roster in the link of the op. Not on the updated roster obviously though. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

Who is his kid brother? 

I was hoping they'd eventually make it all guys from the 2018 teams forward, but they've never done that besides a few. Guess a lot of those guys besides the few have seen how bad it's been and want no part of it, lol. Wish they could get Wiley, Horace, Samir, etc. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, au302 said:

A quarter in and not only is the team not getting killed by 20+, but they are winning. Progress, lol

What channel is it on? I can’t seem to find it on the guide lol. 

Danjel!!!!!! Finally that clutch 3 from him.  Seems like years since we last saw that lol we actually won a game in this tourney, and without Bryce. 

Great win to finally get one in the tournament. If they had flamed out again I think they probably would have not been invited back. Clutch shot by Purifoy as well

4 hours ago, gravejd said:

Glad we finally got a win in one of these! And way to go Purifoy on the winning 3!!

He finally took a confident shot.  He'd missed several open 3s earlier in the game just like old times.  With TBT rules, at the 4 minute mark they make a target score of +8 from the leading team.  Just so happens we were tied.  So we started trying to only shoot 3s when tied at 67, going to 70. Like I said this shot was actually the right one to make.  Good for him. 

Looks like we lost in the second round to the Bucketneers 83-80. Much better showing for our guys in this tourney 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Looks like we lost in the second round to the Bucketneers 83-80. Much better showing for our guys in this tourney 

They were down big but showed some fight and came back and could've easily won. Still not sure they run it back, as less and less AU guys seem to be wanting to associate themselves with this. Last year was all AU and this year was maybe half. Regardless, semi-fun to watch

1 hour ago, au302 said:

They were down big but showed some fight and came back and could've easily won. Still not sure they run it back, as less and less AU guys seem to be wanting to associate themselves with this. Last year was all AU and this year was maybe half. Regardless, semi-fun to watch

Did Bryce play in this one? I think I saw where he was still out.  With him shooting changes the whole dynamic.  Same with Dunbar. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Did Bryce play in this one? I think I saw where he was still out.  With him shooting changes the whole dynamic.  Same with Dunbar. 

No. The morning of the first game they tweeted that they'd weren't gonna play anymore. Not sure of the reasons

Bryce had back spasms and I think they were still there game 2. Malik was supposedly questionable for game 2. Anyways.  They remind me of the early Bruce teams that would struggle.  Maybe in a few years they will be more like the more recent Bruce teams, but likely not since his later teams are making NBA rosters.