When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why would he leave his sons high and dry? Is there something I don’t know ?

Both his sons are still on the team.  One plays Qb and the other on defense. Unless they both are graduating. I would think he enjoys coaching them

Edited by e808
Typo

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Arizona St, sans NCAA violations, would have a much better shot imo. Massive party school, new AD coming soon, a lot less rigidity in their coach parameters 

What hurts Auburn is the biggest factors imo (the Trustees, the plaid traditionalism of Auburn, Deion being so different than how our HCs look and operate) 

It would be a bold/ smart move for Auburn to hire an up and coming black coach.  

And let me clarify…it SHOULDN'T be considered a bold move in 2022 but how many black coaches are in the SEC?  Or in all of college football? 

I attended the PSU game last week and it was my first in quite a while.  I was struck by the sheer lack of black fans in and around that stadium.  It was a white person convention out there.  Maybe its always been that way and I hadn’t paid attention  but I noticed it Saturday. 

I just think Auburn could move a little towards the 21st century by taking a shot on someone like Deion AND get a recruiting bump AND a good coach.  Not a fan of hiring him BECAUSE he’s black, but all things being equal then why not 🤷‍♂️ Lord knows our traditional hires have had mixed results. 

Edited by Tigers77
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Both his sons are still on the team.  One plays Qb and the other on defense. Unless they both are graduating. I would think he enjoys cooking them

If he enjoys cooking them we have a whole new problem…

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

And let me clarify…it SHOULDN'T be considered a bold move in 2022 but how many black coaches are in the SEC?  Or in all of college football? 

I attended the PSU game last week and it was my first in quite a while.  I was struck by the sheer lack of black fans in and around that stadium.  It was a white person convention out there.  Maybe its always been that way and I hadn’t paid attention  but I noticed it Saturday. 

I just think Auburn could move a little towards the 21st century by taking a shot on someone like Deion AND get a recruiting bump AND a good coach.  Not a fan of hiring him BECAUSE he’s black, but all things being equal then why not 🤷‍♂️ Lord knows our traditional hires have had mixed results. 

Yes!

15 minutes ago, e808 said:

Both his sons are still on the team.  One plays Qb and the other on defense. Unless they both are graduating. I would think he enjoys coaching them

My point is why wouldn’t they just transfer to Auburn? Lol. That is also an option. I thought his son that plays DB is at USCe?

11 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

I feel like it’s unironically bold to make these posts in any forum of this nature, no matter if it’s Auburn, Alabama, LSU, whoever. It’s an element of sports that’s painfully obvious that no one wants to acknowledge. But it’s taking some of the same pros that hiring an Allen Greene gave you, and translating that to the biggest position any SEC football program has. 

Imagine introducing Deion to potential players: flashiest player ever, PrimeTime, hero of HBCU football, and the first black head coach in Auburn history. I can promise you, we will make up a TON of ground in southern recruiting the second that guy walks in. 

Not to mention, the guy has Barstool backing. Barstool, the pre-eminent frat boy enterprise. He’s the best of both worlds! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

My point is why wouldn’t they just transfer to Auburn? Lol. That is also an option. I thought his son that plays DB is at USCe?

Nope he transferred to JSU.

50 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s fair but the question still remains 

U right they could transfer. The one that plays defense is pretty good. However , the son that plays quarterback is pretty good for what’s needed at JSU and still developing. Not sure how that would translate to D1. 

However, I am still on my Hugh Freeze soap box even though there seems to be so serious vitriol towards having him as a coach

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

If you watch him in all of his stops you actually see he's a very strict and disciplined coach. 

And going so far to say because he didn't try to tackle guys hard (which is debatable) that has things to do with how he would coach is a very far reach as well. 

In my head I certainly understand questioning people but I can't for the life of me see how a guy who was the best player at his position in the history of the game get so much doubt but so guy who nobody knows who couldn't even play the game can walk in and get support from people just because he was part of a staff.

Also too don't kid yourself and think smart and sabanare some super tough guys to recruits.....they bend and talk, and work thru problems to relate to players like everybody else. They win because they get the best players. Period. They get the best players because they build relationships with the players. Period. 

image.gifI approve this message.   Especially the bolded parts!

One clarification.   It’s clear that being a good (or even great) player doesn’t make one a good coach.   However, everything else being equal, I would lean towards one who excelled as a player over one who did not.  

38 minutes ago, e808 said:

U right they could transfer. The one that plays defense is pretty good. However , the son that plays quarterback is pretty good for what’s needed at JSU and still developing. Not sure how that would translate to D1. 

However, I am still on my Hugh Freeze soap box even though there seems to be so serious vitriol towards having him as a coach

This is true. Apparently he is causing a lot of people to question their moral fiber. A football coach of all things!

• Like 1

With the new site update, was there thought given to adding a "throwing up" emoji?

I need it for every time Hugh Freeze's name comes up...

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

34 minutes ago, tsande07 said:

With the new site update, was there thought given to adding a "throwing up" emoji?

I need it for every time Hugh Freeze's name comes up...

I would much rather have Grimes or Deion but I don’t like our chances of landing either. Grimes will likely be promoted to Baylor HC and Deion will have his pick of several positions. Unless Freeze is still banned from the SEC (or whatever the reason he wasn’t hired yet), I think it’s going to be him.

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

Have things sunk so low for us that we really have less pull then the Baylor HC job? I know Grimes is a Texas native, but dang...

Baylor has become a power, all that Texas oil $. They’re going to be in a much smaller pond with Texas and Oklahoma moving out. Starting to see why I’ve been screaming about our schedule for the past year now?

7 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Have things sunk so low for us that we really have less pull then the Baylor HC job? I know Grimes is a Texas native, but dang...

No

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

No

Sad to say but auburns reputation with coaches has for sure sunk us lower than a snakes belly. In reality. What decent coach would want the job. Seriously. We don’t need to act like proud auburn fans Snd not see the reality our football team is in right now. If Harsin cannot muster some real magic it is down the tubes for many years. and Deion will not come and stay. He is not stable enough and he won’t recruit as well as you think he can at auburn. But he won’t be as bad As what we have. Two upcoming wins can turn things around a bit. But I do not think we will get there. 

4 minutes ago, Rance Hardy said:

Sad to say but auburns reputation with coaches has for sure sunk us lower than a snakes belly. In reality. What decent coach would want the job. Seriously. We don’t need to act like proud auburn fans Snd not see the reality our football team is in right now. If Harsin cannot muster some real magic it is down the tubes for many years. and Deion will not come and stay. He is not stable enough and he won’t recruit as well as you think he can at auburn. But he won’t be as bad As what we have. Two upcoming wins can turn things around a bit. But I do not think we will get there. 

I'm expecting our realistic options to be Dell, Freeze and Travis.

58 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I'm expecting our realistic options to be Dell, Freeze and Travis.

Not really keen on freeze but he is probably the only one that might take the job and turn it around. The others are like Harsin. You don’t know what you gave til it’s too late. We 

1 minute ago, Rance Hardy said:

Not really keen on freeze but he is probably the only one that might take the job and turn it around. The others are like Harsin. You don’t know what you gave til it’s too late. We 

In fairness literally everyone in my sig would do better at recruiting than Harsin.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

Are some of you trying to argue that we "have to" hire Freeze b/c no other coach in the country would "lower themselves" so far as to take the HC job at Auburn? Seriously?

I realize we're all still having a sad after the last few weeks, but take a breath. This is far from the truth.

1 hour ago, Rance Hardy said:

I think it is just as simple as the 12 team playoff. Why choose a job with generally speaking the toughest schedule, vs say Baylor schedule.

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Arizona St, sans NCAA violations, would have a much better shot imo. Massive party school, new AD coming soon, a lot less rigidity in their coach parameters 

What hurts Auburn is the biggest factors imo (the Trustees, the plaid traditionalism of Auburn, Deion being so different than how our HCs look and operate) 

Well no, Arizona state doesn't have a much better shot and in fact virtually have no shot but what school isn't a party school tbh they all are. new ad? who cares, less rigid coaching paramters? probably so, oh well. 

thing that hurts auburn is the unbelievably tough sec west that limits many seasons opportunities for smashing success. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Travis will not be in the mix zero chance

I hope you're saying we won't get that desperate.

25 minutes ago, tsande07 said:

Are some of you trying to argue that we "have to" hire Freeze b/c no other coach in the country would "lower themselves" so far as to take the HC job at Auburn? Seriously?

I realize we're all still having a sad after the last few weeks, but take a breath. This is far from the truth.

The last coaching search is why many aren't that confident. AD situation has GOT to be settled--maybe with better alignment this time can be different, though McGlynn makes me very nervous.

6 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Well no, Arizona state doesn't have a much better shot and in fact virtually have no shot but what school isn't a party school tbh they all are. new ad? who cares, less rigid coaching paramters? probably so, oh well. 

thing that hurts auburn is the unbelievably tough sec west that limits many seasons opportunities for smashing success. 

Preach.