When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

People need to look at his staff in Jackson.  It's better than what we have in Auburn right now.

When you can convince a former NFL DC to come be your DC at JSU, you've got something as a coach.

I went and looked as you suggested and definitely found a great deal of experience (in NFL and CFB) in Sanders JSU coaching staff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

Grimes will likely be promoted to Baylor HC and Deion will have his pick of several positions.

Word is Aranda isn’t going anywhere. 

Prime interviewed for three P5 programs after the 2021 season and wasn’t offered by any of them.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

Word is Aranda isn’t going anywhere. 

Prime interviewed for three P5 programs after the 2021 season and wasn’t offered by any of them.

Aranda doesn’t strike me as a guy that would want to move when he has a good thing just to coach in SEC. He has moved every 3 years for a long time in postion/coordinator roles. He is parked for awhile, especially if his family likes where they are.

1 hour ago, Rance Hardy said:

Sad to say but auburns reputation with coaches has for sure sunk us lower than a snakes belly. In reality. What decent coach would want the job. Seriously. We don’t need to act like proud auburn fans Snd not see the reality our football team is in right now. If Harsin cannot muster some real magic it is down the tubes for many years. and Deion will not come and stay. He is not stable enough and he won’t recruit as well as you think he can at auburn. But he won’t be as bad As what we have. Two upcoming wins can turn things around a bit. But I do not think we will get there. 

Plenty if Auburn got out of their own way. 

43 minutes ago, tsande07 said:

Are some of you trying to argue that we "have to" hire Freeze b/c no other coach in the country would "lower themselves" so far as to take the HC job at Auburn? Seriously?

I realize we're all still having a sad after the last few weeks, but take a breath. This is far from the truth.

One person is saying that 

58 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Well no, Arizona state doesn't have a much better shot and in fact virtually have no shot but what school isn't a party school tbh they all are. new ad? who cares, less rigid coaching paramters? probably so, oh well. 

thing that hurts auburn is the unbelievably tough sec west that limits many seasons opportunities for smashing success. 

Yeah, that’s what hurts Auburn. Right

3 hours ago, tsande07 said:

With the new site update, was there thought given to adding a "throwing up" emoji?

I need it for every time Hugh Freeze's name comes up...

There’s a lot of bad notions with getting Hugh, one of the worst being something we’ve already seen. The guy is a bad person. Bad enough to where you will have to actively factor preparing a PR team for his inevitable nonsense. 

Why would Auburn, the program that is a lightning Rod for pretty non-ideal coverage already (and pretty consistently for the last two years), follow that up with HIM?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DAG said:

B86F06DB-5BC2-4D2E-A3EA-6C432547C1B0.png

to some people it’s just a job. 

Freeze looks like he is about to throw up in this pic or he is high as hell. Lol 

Edited by autiger88
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Have we interviewed Bill Clark yet? 🤣

No, but he's withdrawn his name from consideration already 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

No, but he's withdrawn his name from consideration already 

Dang it I thought for sure this time he would get it. oh well. 🙃

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Same division that has gotten Fisher, Brian Kelly, Lane Kiffin, Leach, all guys who at least were valued as coaching commodities at the times of their hiring…SEC West is the problem 

Well I will concede that is true but fwiw leach and kiffin are functioning at schools with much lower expectations as well as not having to play Georgia every season which is also true of kelly and fisher but the latter do have to deal with the expectations. auburn also has the added downside that if you do have any level of significant success their fan base immediately seems to expect continued success of no less than 3 losses a year or you're in serious trouble. 

I’m warming up to Coach Prime.  My only hesitation is his limited coaching experience.  That said, it is crystal clear that AU needs a HC who is a master recruiter and one who will get other coaches who are also master recruiters.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Have we interviewed Bill Clark yet? 🤣

We all know the jokes around the last coaching search and his name but hindsight being what it is we'd most likely be way ahead of where we are currently if we had hired him over Harsin. The dude's a pretty good coach and our recruiting would definitely be better. 

Edited by gr82be

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

We all know the jokes around the last coaching search and his name but hindsight being what it is we'd most likely be way ahead of where we are currently if we had hired him over Harsin. The dude's a pretty good coach and our recruiting would definitely be better. 

Maybe, but I think we would probably be in about the same spot we are in now with him. 

• Like 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

Maybe, but I think we would probably be in about the same spot we are in now with him. 

I do know he would have been in the Alabama high schools. They know him. That alone is an improvement. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

I do know he would have been in the Alabama high schools. They know him. That alone is an improvement. 

True, but my reasoning is he was a small school coach while he did great at UAB I just don't think that would have translated very well to Auburn along with the recruiting it would have either been a tad bit better or about the same as it is now. IMO.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Lord god no we are not going to be desperate 

Well, I would consider Muschamp, Steele, Lashlee (and a looong list of others) to be in that category. Would honestly rather have TWill than those three—so if he won’t be in the mix then they better not be either.

Basically, I just don’t see Prime being interested in leaving JSU for anywhere, hopefully Viper is right about Aranda and therefore Grimes. If not then that leaves us with just Freeze and Monken.

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Well, I would consider Muschamp, Steele, Lashlee (and a looong list of others) to be in that category. Would honestly rather have TWill than those three. 

It’s gonna happen…

E651010E-14F4-4732-8407-DE953F141A6C.png

• Haha 2

Despite all the outrage over PSU, I am not ready to fire Harsin right now.  I think he deserves at least a few more weeks.  Mizzou is very winnable and it is possible to beat LSU at home with a first year coach.  This would make us 4-1.  The next week is UGA and we have zero chance there (nor does anyone else).  Nor do I think we beat Arky on the road.  This would put us at 4-3.  But I can see us winning against OM and MSU which means we could be 6-3 heading into the aTm game.  The aTm game is at home and aTm has some big flaws, so if we win that, we are 7-3.  The next week is WKU which would put us at 8-3.  Then we end with Bama where anything could happen (but I think it will be a loss since it's in T-town).

So, if this team comes together, gets some things straight, and stops fumbling the football, we could finish 8-4.  I have seen much stranger things happen around AU football.  8-4 would be a decent improvement from last year, and if it happens, can we really justify firing a coach who improved from his first season?

Another reason I think he should stay (for now) is Nebraska is rumored to be in negotiations with Aranda, which would be the only coach worth snatching up immediately.  If Aranda is indeed off the table, I think we'd be better off just waiting to see how this season plays out.

However, I will caveat this by saying if we lose to Mizzou tomorrow, he should be fired after the game.

• Like 1