This is different now to me

cole256

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

To me the fact that all the arguments is either hypothetical worst case scenarios or he can't be a good coach because he hasn't already coached for ten years or whatever is very telling in itself.

We need something drastic and doing the same ol conservative safe stuff over and over is literally killing this program

Do you think he and the boosters can get along?  We just went through a coach that could not, so it’s going to be a primary concern this go-around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I just mean his son is a QB (I know he puts up stats, no idea if he's a P5 player or not) and Travis Hunter are two on his team that would possibly transfer.

I knew what you meant was just adding to it lol. 

• Like 1

Auburn football has become extremely boring over the last 5-7 years. Stale, unoriginal offense. Deion may be exactly what is needed to breath life back into this program. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Do you think he and the boosters can get along?  We just went through a coach that could not, so it’s going to be a primary concern this go-around.

Harsin didn't even try.  He came in and told everyone to eff off, he's got this and doesn't want their help.

He lost before he even started.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

That's the other good thing he brings, I think he'll speak his mind period. He's actually upsetting a bunch of HBCU's right now speaking out and saying his priority is the kids. 

I think that's what we need. A true alpha in the leadership role

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I knew what you meant was just adding to it lol. 

If Deion was hired, if he had full support and NIL, I have no doubt we'd have a massive portal class and salvage the 23 class to an extent 

• Love 2

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I think he knows how to play the game while also speaking his mind. Unlike the current coach. 

Just now, W.E.D said:

If Deion was hired, if he had full support and NIL, I have no doubt we'd have a massive portal class and salvage the 23 class to an extent 

My belief as well brother. That's why I'm really hoping on Deion. This program needs him a lot. 

• Like 2

Just now, cole256 said:

That's the other good thing he brings, I think he'll speak his mind period. He's actually upsetting a bunch of HBCU's right now speaking out and saying his priority is the kids. 

I think that's what we need. A true alpha in the leadership role

Deion Sanders played two sports and deal with general managers such as John Shuerholz. He also has worked with multiple corporations including Nike. I am pretty sure he would know how to interact with the likes of Auburn haha 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Harsin didn't even try.  He came in and told everyone to eff off, he's got this and doesn't want their help.

He lost before he even started.

Why did I just notice you have you being my specific insider on your profile LMAO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

No use in worrying about it or over analyzing it.. AU is gonna hire whoever Yella Fellow says this go round...

That's what funny, I'm debating trying to show the upside but I don't think it will happen 😂

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why did I just notice you have you being my specific insider on your profile LMAO

It has been that way for months LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Deion Sanders played two sports and deal with general managers such as John Shuerholz. He also has worked with multiple corporations including Nike. I am pretty sure he would know how to interact with the likes of Auburn haha 

Good point!

What would Deion bring in terms of scheme? Would he bring his current staff or bring in people who have SEC experience? I'd like some NFL guys on staff than help bridge that gap and help with recruiting. At the end of the day, we need someone that Kirby and Nick do not look forward to competing against. That's the # 1 indicator imo.

I'm sort of intrigued by Deion the more I think about it. I'm not sold on him yet, but we need help everywhere so bad, and we need it ASAP.

My gut says he would turn us down more likely than us getting him. If I were Arizona State, I would be sending him a blank check today. That program would really grow here soon with Southern Cal and UCLA leaving.

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ha, IDK I did that a long time ago.  I think you called me an insider so I put it in my profile as a joke.  I thought I made a post in reference after.  Probably didn't read it. :sad2:

Just now, W.E.D said:

Ha, IDK I did that a long time ago.  I think you called me an insider so I put it in my profile as a joke.  I thought I made a post in reference after.  Probably didn't read it. :sad2:

I am sorry. It is true though. You are the board insider.

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

Auburn football has become extremely boring over the last 5-7 years. Stale, unoriginal offense. Deion may be exactly what is needed to breath life back into this program. 

It’s not even just the product on the field. It’s the whole Auburn fans’/administration’s mindset. Look at all the people who clutched their pearls over the possibility of orange jerseys for the PSU game. The music in the stadium? Forget it. Our seasonal “mottos” and “themes” that wind up just being punchlines? “Get Hard” is the stupidest ******* thing I’ve ever seen us put out. 

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, woodford said:

What would Deion bring in terms of scheme? Would he bring his current staff or bring in people who have SEC experience? I'd like some NFL guys on staff than help bridge that gap and help with recruiting. At the end of the day, we need someone that Kirby and Nick do not look forward to competing against. That's the # 1 indicator imo.

I'm sort of intrigued by Deion the more I think about it. I'm not sold on him yet, but we need help everywhere so bad, and we need it ASAP.

My gut says he would turn us down more likely than us getting him. If I were Arizona State, I would be sending him a blank check today. That program would really grow here soon with Southern Cal and UCLA leaving.

Believe his current OC is an air raid guy. That's all I know.  Having Mike Zimmer as an off the field coach is nice (vikings also paying him 8mm this year and next, so that helps).

He knows coaches, and if Zimmer is a good indication, guys would coach for him.  And it's not like Auburn can't pay top dollar to people.

ASU is a bit of a sleeping small sized giant (don't have a better word).  ASU or UA hasn't signed a top 10 kid in AZ in like 8 years or something ridiculous.  If a coach could lock down AZ and get some help from Southern Cal leftovers, it could become a decent program.

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Believe his current OC is an air raid guy. That's all I know.  Having Mike Zimmer as an off the field coach is nice (vikings also paying him 8mm this year and next, so that helps).

He knows coaches, and if Zimmer is a good indication, guys would coach for him.  And it's not like Auburn can't pay top dollar to people.

ASU is a bit of a sleeping small sized giant (don't have a better word).  ASU or UA hasn't signed a top 10 kid in AZ in like 8 years or something ridiculous.  If a coach could lock down AZ and get some help from Southern Cal leftovers, it could become a decent program.

Arizona is growing too with all the people fleeing California. Could be a nice spot for the foreseeable future, 

30 minutes ago, au302 said:

You get Sanders as HC and tell him to be a CEO. Get Zimmer as DC and some young NFL guy as OC and you're cooking. Only guy that can close our talent gap. His son will also come, and he's really good.

My only concern is that someone said his son once threw like 5 picks in a game last year and he refused to bench him. We've seen too much blind faith in QB's around here. Just make players earn it and bench them when they do bad. 

That's not true. He's never thrown more than 2 ints in one game. Last year he had 30 td's to 8 int

This year he's 14td's to 1 int.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It’s not even just the product on the field. It’s the whole Auburn fans’/administration’s mindset. Look at all the people who clutched their pearls over the possibility of orange jerseys for the PSU game. The music in the stadium? Forget it. Our seasonal “mottos” and “themes” that wind up just being punchlines? “Get Hard” is the stupidest ******* thing I’ve ever seen us put out. 

We do seriously need a make over badly.