GOP’s First Move After Winning The House: Investigating Hunter Biden

aubiefifty

23 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I would think they would keep the committee intact and, change the focus of the investigation to the real perpetrators, ANTIFA and BLM.   They could bring in Sidney Powell, John Dowd, Lin Wood and Rudy Gulliani to give them special legal advice.  Slam Dunk.

Nothing would surprise me at this point. 

21 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Trump and the Republicans have been a direct threat to our democracy and our country.  And I don't see them changing.

They wont change when they have a good portion of the US all in ready to fight for their "Culture War." Its unfortunate how many have lost touch with reality and bought into their propaganda.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, arein0 said:

Wait so because his motivations were based on pure ego that dismisses his crimes? So if I go rob a bank and say I did it for pure ego I will be able to walk away as a free man?

I thought you guys were up on the news.

That review has not found any apparent business advantage to the types of classified information in Trump’s possession, these people said. FBI interviews with witnesses so far, they said, also do not point to any nefarious effort by Trump to leverage, sell or use the government secrets. Instead, the former president seemed motivated by a more basic desire not to give up what he believed was his property, these people said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/11/14/trump-motive-mar-a-lago-documents/

I don’t know it Garland is going to dismiss the crime or not, but he better be ready for the blowback it he indicts.

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Once again, that committee cannot bring charges.  Their purpose is to uncover the facts of the Jan. 6 insurrection, which they have done. It is all for the benefit of the American people - and history - to understand what happened and who was responsible.  

Ultimately, it doesn't matter if cultists like you refuse to acknowledge those facts. 

The evidence speaks for itself, regardless of whether or not Trump is charged criminally for that day.

The *committee* is a show trial as no defense is presented.  If, as you say, the committee is going to uncover facts of the Jan 6th debacle and they have done just that; what’s the next step?  Make campaign commercials if Trump is the nominee?  Its a show.

If it isn’t a show, do something about it.

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

And the second half of your post acknowledges Trump's inherent criminality  - suggesting Trump held secret documents "because of his ego", as if that makes a difference. :-\

And yes, I expect Garland to indict Trump for illegally taking those documents and possibly for obstruction after he did so.

From your beloved WaPo:

Investigators see ego, not money, as Trump’s motive on classified papers

That review has not found any apparent business advantage to the types of classified information in Trump’s possession, these people said. FBI interviews with witnesses so far, they said, also do not point to any nefarious effort by Trump to leverage, sell or use the government secrets. Instead, the former president seemed motivated by a more basic desire not to give up what he believed was his property, these people said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/11/14/trump-motive-mar-a-lago-documents/

If Garland indicts after this leak, he is Biden’s wing man.

Remember; Democracy Dies in Darkness.

18 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I thought you guys were up on the news.

I don’t know it Garland is going to dismiss the crime or not, but he better be ready for the blowback it he indicts.

My point was and still is just because his intentions were for ego doesnt exclude the fact that he knowingly had/has classified documents even after they were requested to be returned. 

Again, if I rob a bank, can I declare it was just for my ego and walk away as a free man?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

From your beloved WaPo:

Investigators see ego, not money, as Trump’s motive on classified papers

Are you seriously suggesting that narcissistic ego is a valid excuse for stealing classified documents from the government?

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

We all heard the president attempt to extort a political "favor" from the president of Ukraine.  There is no getting around it,,, unless you deny reality.

We all watched the president attempt to overturn  an election with lies and, incite an attack on the capitol.  Again, will you deny reality?

You, as usual, are lying.

Even you do not wish to MAGA anymore.  Even you are tired of all the "winning".

I heard Biden trying to make a deal with the Saudis to produce more oil at least until the midterms, is this the kind of thing you are talking about?  Do you deny that happened?

I don’t the Republicans will take that any further, it would be too hard to prove.

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, arein0 said:

My point was and still is just because his intentions were for ego doesnt exclude the fact that he knowingly had/has classified documents even after they were requested to be returned. 

Again, if I rob a bank, can I declare it was just for my ego and walk away as a free man?

Well, I guess Garland should bring him up on charges.  Do it.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And your point is......:dunno:

What Trump did with the documents he took from the White House will (probably) not rise to the level of a crime as other Presidents have done the same.  I know you are hoping Garland will indict, me too.  DO IT.  DO IT,  COME ON DO IT.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

What Trump did with the documents he took from the White House will (probably) not rise to the level of a crime as other Presidents have done the same.  I know you are hoping Garland will indict, me too.  DO IT.  DO IT,  COME ON DO IT.

What other president took classified documents then refused to return them when asked?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I heard Biden trying to make a deal with the Saudis to produce more oil at least until the midterms, is this the kind of thing you are talking about?  Do you deny that happened?

I don’t the Republicans will take that any further, it would be too hard to prove.

Are you really not aware of this:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/politics/donald-trump-ukraine-transcript-call

Or are you just in cultist denial?

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Are you really not aware of this:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/politics/donald-trump-ukraine-transcript-call

Or are you just in cultist denial?

Yes I’m aware, its the same thing Biden did with the Saudis to help the Democrats in the midterm.  The President did not and will not be held accountable in either case.

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What other president took classified documents then refused to return them when asked?

They are returned now, aren’t they.

28 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

From your beloved WaPo:

You seem to think I am denying the report Trump stole documents - and then resisted returning them - because of his ego.

I am not.  If you read my post - you are responding to - more carefully,  I accepted that report, as implied by my statement "as if that makes a difference".  It doesn't change what he did one iota.

It may influence the DOJ not to press charges because it is difficult to convince a jury to convict when a defending is not shown to have a deliberate nefarious motive.  That doesn't mean he didn't do it.  He stole the documents and then refused to hand them back when asked.

Edited by homersapien

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes I’m aware, its the same thing Biden did with the Saudis to help the Democrats in the midterm.  The President did not and will not be held accountable in either case.

You'll have to provide the evidence for what you claim Biden did.  I haven't seen it.

They are returned now, aren’t they.

Yeah, after the FBI obtained a subpoena and went and got them.  :-\

And stop weaseling.  You didn't answer my question: What other president stole classified documents and refused to return them when asked? 

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

You'll have to provide the evidence for what you claim Biden did.  I haven't seen it.

I thought you were up on current events.  Im sure the Biden administration has a different spin on this.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, after the FBI obtained a subpoena and went and got them.  :-\

And stop weaseling.  You didn't answer my question: What other president stole classified documents and refused to return them when asked? 

The point being it was a very public raid. No president has stole classified documents, not even Trump.  He took them just like Clinton, Bush and Obama.  I am not sure how or even if the government asked for any of those back.  Do you?

The point being it was a very public raid. No president has stole classified documents, not even Trump.  He took them just like Clinton, Bush and Obama.  I am not sure how or even if the government asked for any of those back.  Do you?

Didn't Trump take the classified documents without permission (aka stealing) or am I missing something? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arein0 said:

Didn't Trump take the classified documents without permission (aka stealing) or am I missing something? 

He took documents, he believes they were taken in accordance with protocol.  The record keepers inquired about some documents and they were returned.  The record keepers were in talks with Trump’s team when the raid took place.  There is a discrepancy between the two sides, lawyers will have to work it out.  

The DOJ didn’t want to wait for any further negotiations and raided Mar a Lago.  They found nothing of value as linked before.  Another nothing burger.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I thought you were up on current events.  Im sure the Biden administration has a different spin on this.

So you believe Biden asking the Saudis to delay their decision is the same as Trump threatening to withhold money to get evidence against a political opponent?

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

He took documents, he believes they were taken in accordance with protocol.  The record keepers inquired about some documents and they were returned.  The record keepers were in talks with Trump’s team when the raid took place.  There is a discrepancy between the two sides, lawyers will have to work it out.  

The DOJ didn’t want to wait for any further negotiations and raided Mar a Lago.  They found nothing of value as linked before.  Another nothing burger.

This entire post is riddled with BS, but I'm sure you know that because it's all been discussed before in other threads that you were a part of. The chances Trump actually believed he was following proper protocol are about the same that the next Pope will be from Scranton.

It took more than a year, after numerous requests, for any records to be returned. The fact that not all were returned is a clear sign of criminal intent, whatever the motive might be. The Justice Department moved on it, as you know, because they had reason to believe some of the documents contained highly sensitive information. The exact details of what they found still have not been released, so how you can know it's a nothing burger?

Once again, for someone who supposedly dislikes Trump so much, you sure seem to defend him a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, Leftfield said:

So you believe Biden asking the Saudis to delay their decision is the same as Trump threatening to withhold money to get evidence against a political opponent?

It was a quid pro quo for election favors.  Not the same, but similar.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1