Round 5.0 Coaching Search:

AUY2K

Why are we so hellbent on hiring someone that has been a head coach already? 
Kirby, Dabo, Ryan Day, Lanning, etc 

they were all assistants and hired at their current jobs

3 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Has lanning been there long enough to say that? Norvell won 4 games his first two seasons, everyone wrote him off and put him on the hot seat, and he sort of turned it around this year. 

The Lanning and Norvell situations were completely different. Norvell walked into a dumpster fire left by Taggert. Lanning walked into Oregon who went to the PAC12 Championship game 3 years in a row. It's too early to tell how good of a coach Lanning is, but to me he is underachieving.

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Why are we so hellbent on hiring someone that has been a head coach already? 
Kirby, Dabo, Ryan Day, Lanning, etc 

they were all assistants and hired at their current jobs

Which of them had only been coaching P5 for a couple of years?

As assistants, which were coordinators? 
It makes a big difference. Even Caddy knows what. 

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Which of them had only been coaching P5 for a couple of years?

As assistants, which were coordinators? 
It makes a big difference. Even Caddy knows what. 

My point is that we do not need to hire someone who is currently a head coach. Many of the elite programs did not and look at them. 
find a good coordinator and let’s roll

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Should be literally all the proof you should ever need to never give them another penny.  Even if they turn out to be right, they have no more inside info than this board…and I sure didn’t see Kiffin announced today so..

As it turns out, Phillip Marshall saying there have been NO leaks, and no one has any idea what is happening with this search, and Josh Pate saying he just doesn't know, are the most credible opinions I've heard.  :dunno:

11 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

My point is that we do not need to hire someone who is currently a head coach. Many of the elite programs did not and look at them. 
find a good coordinator and let’s roll

Grimes it is then!

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

There are 110 D1 teams and you only picked the OC for one of them.

Our fan base is unreal. 

Yeah. It was random. No one has even thought of him yet. No ties to AU. No experience with the portal and just a random OC.

You caught me…

Edited by CCTAU

Just to let people know that may not have seen my other thread posts but I am 100% honest in saying that Coach Lac told Cohen that he wasn't interested in being a head coach full time yet.

Carry on.......

6 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Just to let people know that may not have seen my other thread posts but I am 100% honest in saying that Coach Lac told Cohen that he wasn't interested in being a head coach full time yet.

Carry on.......

It’s been said several times…

Yet. THE DREAM…

5 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Let’s add Dameyune Craig to this list…recruiting would be on point. Worked under some solid coaches…..I would not be mad about it…..what say you?

Dameyune Craig has burned his bridges at Auburn and showed his true colors. He’s tainted himself by hooking his wagon to Jimbo Fisher. I honestly believe he’s a very good recruiter but an awful coach.

3 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Dameyune Craig has burned his bridges at Auburn and showed his true colors. He’s tainted himself by hooking his wagon to Jimbo Fisher. I honestly believe he’s a very good recruiter but an awful coach.

He didn't get along with Gus.  Was there something else?  

I actually like him better for trying to get Gus to pull his head out of his behind.

10 hours ago, The Freak said:

He didn't get along with Gus.  Was there something else?  

I actually like him better for trying to get Gus to pull his head out of his behind.

He went to LSU and negative recruited against Auburn big-time